Mayweather vs pacquiao finally happening

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm still skeptical. That's an awfully aggressive date.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Did not think it would ever happen, but glad it is. Can't wait to see this fight.

900x900px-LL-9ea7a061_trwtrwyr.png

Tickets already sold out, but you can grab the resale. :D

B U6IC8CYAAMZxp

BIGNORMANHAND

Reaction score
I don't reckon this fight will be any different than all the other “past their prime”
fighters that FM hand picks.

Sadly, we live in a world where "good business" is considered more important than honor or heart. FM is
definitely a good businessman. This fight is YEARS too late. Just get it over with!

A lot of this fight will depend on the ref, too. I hope for MP's sake it's not Joe Cortez.

No matter what, this is Lewis/Tyson '02, Redux. If FM had any decency at all,
this fight would be against Khan.

[BTW, I don't think FM invented the career of the "smart businessman" fighter
by any stretch. Sugar Ray Robinson surely laid the blueprint. 'Not saying SR wasn't
a great fighter, but he was a stone cold businessman, and admitted it openly.]

Sac

Reaction score
People calling Manny old? They're basically the same age. Manny doesn't run from real fights either. Floyd has found every excuse for years no to fight him. Now he has to or his legacy will be tarnished. He's a coward.

BIGNORMANHAND

Reaction score
m0ng0":3bpdhalo said:
I hope Manny crushes him!

I concur!

Do I think it's LIKELY? No. Do I think it's POSSIBLE? Yes.

So much remains to be seen-- will Money actually fight? We KNOW Manny will.
But FM could try to turn it into a snoozefest and that's why I said I hope the ref
is not Joe Cortez, because Cortez would allow that. It's a risk for FM to go that
route though, because he could end up with MP winning on points.

Money's mouthing off now about Ariza being in his camp. Well, Cotto's
in Pacman's camp. We shall see.

Tical21

Reaction score
Come on. We all know all these negotiations have been about which guy is going to win the first fight and which guy is going to win the second.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I hope Manny wins too. Someone told me the PPV is going to be like $80, is this true? I have to watch, might just get a group of friends together so we can all put up a small amount of money and watch it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I just heard that Mayweather's gonna get something like 100 million, that's insane.

No way I'm paying $80-$100 for this fight. What fight this hyped for this many years has ever lived up to the hype? I'm absolutely rooting for Pacquiao, cause Mayweather's a jackass.........but I will be rooting sans pay per view.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I heard Mayweather will make at least $120 million. Pac-man will make around $80 million. That's insane.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":hw81tn6d said:
Come on. We all know all these negotiations have been about which guy is going to win the first fight and which guy is going to win the second.
I agree with this.I wish people would not pay to watch these fights.100 million to one guy to box?Wow I bet he thinks those who pay are suckers.I know I do..

Tical21

Reaction score
Y'all aren't streaming all your sports yet? A little virus never hurt anybody

Greenhell

Reaction score
BIGNORMANHAND":1mrr9jhd said:
m0ng0":1mrr9jhd said:
I hope Manny crushes him!

I concur!

Do I think it's LIKELY? No. Do I think it's POSSIBLE? Yes.

So much remains to be seen-- will Money actually fight? We KNOW Manny will.
But FM could try to turn it into a snoozefest and that's why I said I hope the ref
is not Joe Cortez, because Cortez would allow that. It's a risk for FM to go that
route though, because he could end up with MP winning on points.

Money's mouthing off now about Ariza being in his camp. Well, Cotto's
in Pacman's camp. We shall see.

This. FM blue print and game plan is always the same. Jab and move and play defense. His fights are almost always the same and the boxing and FM fans buy into his hype (which he's good at). He never wants to tangle with any one which frustrates the fighter and those watching. I expect the same boring fight from him and a decision win over MP even though I can't stand him. It bums me out that MPs chance of KO'ing him has long since passed about 5 years ago. Probably the reason FM has avoided him all this time. This fight will be a big let down for everyone who isn't a FM fan.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I'm just happy that HBO is getting a Klitschko fight. Nice to see a heavyweight title bout and not have to spend fat $$$ to get it. Hopefully boxing is figuring out that to compete with MMA you need some quality matches that aren't %^&*ing PPV!

Largent80

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to grow up in the great era of boxing. Got to watch almost all of Ali's career, Sugar Ray and so many others and all for FREE !!!!!!

Latest posts