Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Mayweather vs pacquiao finally happening

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • dontbelikethat wrote:Typical Mayweather fight and he won it in typical fashion. Definitely not worth the 100 and glad I didn't have to pay it.

Manny said he thought he won, but Floyd like...

That was the most awkward postfight interview. I was like..."Manny..wtf are you saying?"
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

This was not enough, Manny.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Anyone see Denzel Washington? :lol:

Last edited by dontbelikethat on Sat May 02, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• How is denzel a mutli-millionaire with an overbite like that? good lord!
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Two things became glaringly evident tonight.

1. A quality, volume puncher would carve Mayweather up.

Mayweather had no answer tonight when Manny got him cornered or they got into heated exchanges. He just doesn't have the punching power to do anything but run.

2. Manny Pacquiao is no longer a quality, volume puncher. As basically a career-long Pacquiao fan, tonight was extremely sad. I never thought I would see a day where Manny didn't throw punches. When he threw, he won the exchanges, but he just doesn't have the juice to throw anymore. I yelled at my tv at least 30 times begging Manny to throw. Mayweather would run and run, and then Manny would catch up, get Floyd in tight, and then still didn't throw punches.

It became glaringly obvious why Mayweather waited until Manny was over the hill to take this fight. Manny in his prime is the exact fighter that is tailor-made to be the kryptonite to Mayweather. Even 2-3 years ago Manny dominates this matchup.

Manny landed 8 of the 10 hardest punches in this fight. Just got pointed to death off the jab.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Replay for those who didn't see the fight:

Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    2015 Adopt-a-rookie: Kristjan Sokoli
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Honestly, not even Pacman in his prime could beat Floyd. Floyd has a 5 inch reach advantage, 3 inches in height, equal speed and arguably the best defense in the game. I just don't see how "volume and speed" can beat that.
    I hate to say it... Floyd has hand picked his way to best P4P maybe ever.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:Honestly, not even Pacman in his prime could beat Floyd. Floyd has a 5 inch reach advantage, 3 inches in height, equal speed and arguably the best defense in the game. I just don't see how "volume and speed" can beat that.

It became glaringly obvious why Mayweather waited until Manny was over the hill to take this fight. Manny in his prime is the exact fighter that is tailor-made to be the kryptonite to Mayweather. Even 2-3 years ago Manny dominates this matchup.

Tical naied it
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Pacquiao could have fought Floyd earlier in Pacquiao's prime. Had Pacquiao agreed to be tested. He didn't because he knew he would fail the test and his secret would be out. Both Pacquiao and Mayweather are morons. Neither deserves to win anything.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:
    knownone wrote:Honestly, not even Pacman in his prime could beat Floyd. Floyd has a 5 inch reach advantage, 3 inches in height, equal speed and arguably the best defense in the game. I just don't see how "volume and speed" can beat that.

Tical naied it

How is Manny tailor-made? What are you basing this on? What volume puncher has really taken it to Mayweather?
    Hate to say it man... Tical is wrong, even when Manny threw punches he wasn't landing, it looked impressive, but none of them landed.
    Mayweather had no answer tonight when Manny got him cornered or they got into heated exchanges. He just doesn't have the punching power to do anything but run.

Ironically, Mayweather landed more punches against the ropes and cornered than Pacquiao... I would posit that Mayweather did have the answer last night.

Manny landed 8 of the 10 hardest punches in this fight. Just got pointed to death off the jab.
    This his opinion, the actual stat for power punches Mayweather - 81 of 168, Pacman - 63 of 236

In his last 3 fights Pacman averaged 750 punches. Tonight? 430 he literally landed half as many punches as Mayweather. So the argument that Pacman is just past his prime and can't throw the same volume is laughable he threw his normal volume 4 months earlier and a few months earlier than that. Seriously, to say Pacman would have dominated this fight 2-3 years ago is absolutely ridiculous.
    He couldn't pull off his volume punching style because Floyd moved, rolled and clinched his way out of it, not because Pacman was to scared or to old to throw. That's just what Floyd does.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• The joke is on every single person that paid to watch this....Hahahaha, y'all must feel like jabroni's.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:The joke is on every single person that paid to watch this....Hahahaha, y'all must feel like jabroni's.

Watched online for free :D
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Russian Torrent Sites for Life.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• All the people complaining that the fight sucked don't watch boxing, because what we saw Saturday night IS the state of boxing. A bunch of smart technical fighters that are too savvy to take risks with their career or health. They know they're gonna get paid the same either way, so why brawl and risk getting knocked out and sustain brain injuries?

That's what the flyweights did, that's what Mayweather did, and it's why the Klitscho's have ruined the heavyweight division.............and specific to Saturday's fight it's why Pacquiao didn't go for broke after the 7th or 8th round taking risks to go after Mayweather harder. His check was already cashed.
    Last edited by HawkFan72 on Sat May 16, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Language
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• All over facebook and twitter people are crying about what a boring and horrible fight it was......If you had any idea about Mayweather you would have known what you are in for. He is the greatest boring boxer....if that makes sense.

Boxing obviously isn't what it used to be, but if you want a glimpse of some good boxers, check out Gennady Golovkin, Terrance Crawford, and Danny Garcia. Those three always put on a good show when I watch.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Anyone who thinks Mayweather didn't win are nuts and have never watched Mayweather fight.

The guy outside the ring is a horrible, horrible person -- inside the ring, he's amazingly technical and thought out fighter. Clear victory.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:All over facebook and twitter people are crying about what a boring and horrible fight it was......If you had any idea about Mayweather you would have known what you are in for.

Nobody knew what they were in for because no one watches boxing anymore. And this fight did nothing to change that. The PPV numbers were huge, but you can bet your ass that the average person isn't gonna shell out $100 again to watch a fight when what was hyped up as the "fight of the century" wasn't even the most entertaining fight of the night. This fight killed any potential resurgence of mainstream interest in the sport.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• SonicHawk wrote:Anyone who thinks Mayweather didn't win are nuts and have never watched Mayweather fight.

The guy outside the ring is a horrible, horrible person -- inside the ring, he's amazingly technical and thought out fighter. Clear victory.

He won alright, but the way he won is what is driving people nuts. He looked more battered and bruised than Manny, yet he still won. Why? Because of a flawed point system. Floyd Mayweather landed more punches than Manny, but most of them looked like love taps. That will win you a fight, because it matters how many punches you land. Whenever Manny would start his assault he would clinch him. I think he abused the clinching far too much, I counted 14 times in the first round alone that he clinched.

Yes, Mayweather won, but the way he did it was unsatisfying, and very cheap feeling. This is more a testament to how the scoring system is flawed.

I will say this: Mayweather has great footwork and is very hard to hit. I just wish he wouldn't win fights by clinching, and hugging, with little taps that clearly only there to gain points.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• I think what drives people nuts is a lack of boxing knowledge. People who rarely if ever watch boxing, saw all the hype over the last 5 years and bought into the media driven narrative that this was the fight of the decade. They bought into the narrative that the so called "People Champ" Manny Pacquiao was the only guy who could beat the "Evil" Floyd Mayweather.

Now reality has struck those who were previously naive to Floyd Mayweather. Floyd did what Floyd has always done, he doesn't take risks, he puts himself in the best position to use his unique skill set. Most people who follow boxing know this, the onus was on Manny Pacquiao to push the pace of the fight and force Mayweather into a position he's not comfortable with. Manny couldn't, he was to small and to limited offensively to do anything to Mayweather. Mayweather unequivocally exposed Manny's limited tool set and it shouldn't come as a surprise to people. The fight was boring, not because of Floyd but because Manny wasn't good enough to really test Floyd. It sucks, but that's boxing.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Mayweather vs pacquiao finally happening
Mon May 04, 2015 7:37 pm

• knownone wrote:Now reality has struck those who were previously naive to Floyd Mayweather. Floyd did what Floyd has always done, he doesn't take risks, he puts himself in the best position to use his unique skill set. Most people who follow boxing know this, the onus was on Manny Pacquiao to push the pace of the fight and force Mayweather into a position he's not comfortable with. Manny couldn't, he was to small and to limited offensively to do anything to Mayweather. Mayweather unequivocally exposed Manny's limited tool set and it shouldn't come as a surprise to people. The fight was boring, not because of Floyd but because Manny wasn't good enough to really test Floyd. It sucks, but that's boxing.

I agree with every word you said here. I'm not goona act like I watch boxing all the time, but I've watched every Mayweather & Pacquiao fight in like the last few years, so I kinda knew what to expect, and I find it funny people out here blaming Mayweather or the scoring system for a bad fight... but Pac couldn't do anything to stop Mayweather from running or whatever you want to blame him for that made the fight boring.
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• Mayweather said he'd fight Pacquiao again in a year. No shit, who wouldn't want to make another 100 million for dancing around for 12 rounds?

I think boxing had it's chance Saturday night to reignite some sort of interest in the sport, and failed miserably. I don't know anybody who'd pay to watch those two fight again, even for a much lower PPV cost.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Previous

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information