Michael Grey leaving 710

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Just saw this on his twitter account, anyone know why?

Plus, all of his podcasts are already removed from the sight.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have no idea what happened, but the podcasts are still there, there just is no longer a link to them from the podcast page.

For now, you can access them here:

[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/category/sports_pod_results/?p=1104&n=The%20Michael%20Grey%20Show[/urltargetblank]

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Well, that sucks. I thought he was one of the best they had. Right up there with Brock and Salk.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say he got a gig somewhere else. He's saying on twitter that he can't go into why right now, and that tells me that he needs to wait for the go ahead from wherever he is moving to before he can say anything publicly. This is only an educated guess.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":261hu8ag said:
What was in his timeslot today?

I haven't really been listening lately, but according to their website, they are filling his time with National ESPN broadcasting. Such as they do in other time slots where they don't have local broadcasters.

EDIT: After going back and looking again, it's actually just a generic ESPN Seattle title they have listed in that time slot

[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/category/sports_shows/[/urltargetblank]

10am - 12pm
710 ESPN Seattle
Weekdays at 10am on 710 ESPN Seattle

mbtitleist

Reaction score
That's too bad, I enjoyed listening to him especially when he was talking baseball. I hope he got another job and wasn't just canned. If he actually got fired and Moore, Groz and Danny are all still employed it would be a travesty.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Damn one of the few if only 710 guy to actually acknowledge the Sounders existence (it feels like for a team who get 40,000+ every home game, they don't exist if going by our media and it's only the Mariners and Hawks here) and future NHL arena stuff.

Going by his twitter it sounds like he was fired, sayig it was a tough day etc.

I noticed he also followed 1090am the Fan. Wonder if he's going there?

kearly

Reaction score
Michael Grey was solid by talk radio standards. Probably the last guy on earth to get fired from a job, so I'm guessing he got a better gig.

Grey had the best producer on the station. I'm interested to know where that guy is going. Weird how some of their best talent and smartest voices end up in producer roles over and over again.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He was tolerable which is a rarity amongst Seattle sports radio hosts, I hope he finds a gig in the area.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I thought his show was pretty good. If I remember right, he is on right after Brock and Salk. You can tell he knows his stuff which I always appreciated. Bob and Groz on the other hand, it is the most generic sports talk show on the air. I used to appreciate Danny, Dave and Moore, but that show has kind of lost it too.

trharder

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought Michael Grey sucked. I'm glad he's gone. I had no respect for his opinions and that is pretty much all his show was about.

I was going to start my own thread as I just learned of this shake up at 710, but thought it would be prudent to bump this one instead. They said this morning that "G-Scott" is going to take slot. I like him OK and wondered when they would give him a better spot than 9pm.

Does anybody know why Grey was fired?

knownone

Reaction score
Pretty sure he was fired for harassing a female intern.

Basis4day

Reaction score
knownone":3f5q6vrg said:
Pretty sure he was fired for harassing a female intern.

There is like one listener on twitter who thinks that was the case. Any other sources?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Any links to the alleged incident? I liked his show and thought he was knowledgeable too. Curious to see what actually happened.

Latest posts