Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin and Gee to be replaced by daily John Clayton Show

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Kiro Justin and Gee
Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:26 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/media/play/27042941/

    I see softy and danny oneill have a beef as well


    I like 710ESPN but no mention of Justin's firing after letting him go (No thank you for your time here or send off at all; renamed to Gee and Company and Gee doesn't even say Justin's name) and this.... makes me not want to listen to Seattle Sports radio at all.
    Geologic
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 551
    Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:45 pm


  • I hope this doesn't mean a daily call from that boring bumbling guy that Clayton has on for 20 minutes of his first segment of his Saturday show...or Irish mankey...awful.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5414
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm


Re: Kiro Justin and Gee
Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:36 pm
  • Geologic wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/media/play/27042941/

    I see softy and danny oneill have a beef as well


    I like 710ESPN but no mention of Justin's firing after letting him go (No thank you for your time here or send off at all; renamed to Gee and Company and Gee doesn't even say Justin's name)

    Agreed, that was weird. Unceremonious like the Michael Grey change. Makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes or if there were slowly-degrading relationships at the office. Not gonna get all gossippy or bother to scour for scandalous reports, tho. I'm content to just wonder and move on I guess.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:30 pm
    Location: Over There


  • I like Clayton....alot. I had heard the Barbershop and all that.....it sucked. Good for John, Good for me. Seems like that show came around about two years ago. Tried to get into it. The guys had local connections to players like Trufant and such it seemed. For me sports talk radio is about the local commute to and from work. I don't like when they run out of Associated Press stories so they start talking about various other supposedly social topics. Granted the vast majority of shows run along those lines. I want stories about the Hawks and the Mariners. (Blazers be to much to ask?) Not just headline national stories that are over done. I dont care about how Lebron feels about Curry, baseball steroid scandals...whatever. That's not journalism. That's not sports. I want chalk talk. Nerdy local sports stuff. An insiders angle. Give me suppositions or near guesses. Thing I couldn't guess on my own from from whateva source. Something fresh.

    Love this kinda stuff.

    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
    Location: Ich tu dir weh


Re: Kiro Justin and Gee
Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:20 pm
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Geologic wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/media/play/27042941/

    I see softy and danny oneill have a beef as well


    I like 710ESPN but no mention of Justin's firing after letting him go (No thank you for your time here or send off at all; renamed to Gee and Company and Gee doesn't even say Justin's name)

    Agreed, that was weird. Unceremonious like the Michael Grey change. Makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes or if there were slowly-degrading relationships at the office. Not gonna get all gossippy or bother to scour for scandalous reports, tho. I'm content to just wonder and move on I guess.


    Why would that be expected and what is weird about it? I don't know many employers that give a person a public send off when they terminate employment. Seems like the norm.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5799
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm


Re: Kiro Justin and Gee
Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:30 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Geologic wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/media/play/27042941/

    I see softy and danny oneill have a beef as well


    I like 710ESPN but no mention of Justin's firing after letting him go (No thank you for your time here or send off at all; renamed to Gee and Company and Gee doesn't even say Justin's name)

    Agreed, that was weird. Unceremonious like the Michael Grey change. Makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes or if there were slowly-degrading relationships at the office. Not gonna get all gossippy or bother to scour for scandalous reports, tho. I'm content to just wonder and move on I guess.


    Why would that be expected and what is weird about it? I don't know many employers that give a person a public send off when they terminate employment. Seems like the norm.


    I understand it's business but it feels like Michael Grey never existed on that station. He's been completely purged, yet hosts will happily talk about Kevin Callabro when he used to work there.

    Gee got a public send off today, seems weird he did but Justin didn't.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1379
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


Re: Kiro Justin and Gee
Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:38 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    I understand it's business but it feels like Michael Grey never existed on that station. He's been completely purged, yet hosts will happily talk about Kevin Callabro when he used to work there.

    Gee got a public send off today, seems weird he did but Justin didn't.


    Calabro was a local public figure who was Sonics announcer for about 2 decades. He also resigned from the station.
    Gee Scott is still employed by 710.

    Grey and Justin were both terminated by their employer. Huge difference.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5799
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm


Re: Kiro Justin and Gee
Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:06 pm
  • Basis4day wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Geologic wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/media/play/27042941/

    I see softy and danny oneill have a beef as well


    I like 710ESPN but no mention of Justin's firing after letting him go (No thank you for your time here or send off at all; renamed to Gee and Company and Gee doesn't even say Justin's name)

    Agreed, that was weird. Unceremonious like the Michael Grey change. Makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes or if there were slowly-degrading relationships at the office. Not gonna get all gossippy or bother to scour for scandalous reports, tho. I'm content to just wonder and move on I guess.


    Why would that be expected and what is weird about it? I don't know many employers that give a person a public send off when they terminate employment. Seems like the norm.

    Because that station has made many, many on-air changes in the past few years and only 2 were awkward and unannounced. By definition that makes it weird.

    And "most employers" don't have employees who talk to thousands of people on a daily basis, or in a regular format. Those who do usually announce changes. If ESPN opened MNF 2016 without Tirico, Dilfer, et al., and never mentioned those guys at all, people would think that was weird.

    Why am I having to explain this? Like I said, I'm content with moving on. Sheesh.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:30 pm
    Location: Over There


  • I'm not sure what the etiquette is on acknowledging someone in media after they've been fired. Did ESPN say anything after they fired Curt Schilling? Bill Simmons?

    It would make sense to have some kind of "send off," but at the same time it can be awkward because they got fired. If I were in charge of the station, I'd just mention it real quick and then move on.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4209
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


  • Very rarely do radio personalities get a send off or even have a chance to say goodbye. Stations do that on purpose because they don't want to give the DJ's or personalities time to vent and talk crap on the air for days or weeks.

    It's a dog eat dog business, and they all know it.

    What gets me is Justin and Gee had to have higher ratings than their competition Chuck Powell. That's dude's even more boring than Clayton. So not sure what happened.............I can't see Clayton maintaining Brock and Salk's audience into the mid-morning.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16452
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Kiro Justin and Gee
Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 pm
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Because that station has made many, many on-air changes in the past few years and only 2 were awkward and unannounced. By definition that makes it weird.

    And "most employers" don't have employees who talk to thousands of people on a daily basis, or in a regular format. Those who do usually announce changes. If ESPN opened MNF 2016 without Tirico, Dilfer, et al., and never mentioned those guys at all, people would think that was weird.

    Why am I having to explain this? Like I said, I'm content with moving on. Sheesh.


    You don't have to explain anything. I'm engaging you in conversation regarding your opinions. If you don't want to continue it then it's no harm no foul for me.

    For anyone who has similar thoughts and want to take up the conversation. I can only think of two on air personalities at 710 that were terminated. Michael Grey and Justin Meyers. There is a big difference between " on-air changes" at a station and people being terminated. I think that's the source of it being "awkward". I call that normal for a termination. Most terminations in any line of work are unannounced.

    I also think there is a big difference in scale between a Mike Tirico on MNF and Justin Meyers on 710 Seattle (In addition, Tirico took a new job with SNF, he wasn't terminated).

    Colin Paisley resigned. Kevin Calabro resigned. Every other change (Danny O'Neal moving around, Tom Wassell joining Bob and Groz, return of Mike Salk, Michael Grey getting his own show) involved people switching shows.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5799
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm


Re: Kiro Justin and Gee
Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:58 am
  • Basis4day wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Geologic wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/media/play/27042941/

    I see softy and danny oneill have a beef as well


    I like 710ESPN but no mention of Justin's firing after letting him go (No thank you for your time here or send off at all; renamed to Gee and Company and Gee doesn't even say Justin's name)

    Agreed, that was weird. Unceremonious like the Michael Grey change. Makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes or if there were slowly-degrading relationships at the office. Not gonna get all gossippy or bother to scour for scandalous reports, tho. I'm content to just wonder and move on I guess.


    Why would that be expected and what is weird about it? I don't know many employers that give a person a public send off when they terminate employment. Seems like the norm.

    Do you work as a public figure? If so, you have a crappy employer. If you're a public figure, you usually get a "thank you" press release just for respect. This isn't your normal job. It's a public speaking role. The least amount of respect Salk could have done is to issue a press release thanking Justin for his time spent at 710. He could have thank Justin for his time spent at 710 and then say due to a pivot in the companies feature, he had to let him go. Be respectful about it, don't try to shove it under the rug.

    This makes me question the Michael Grey fiaso. Remember when people thought he sexually harassed an intern when he just got canned? According to him talking on Softy's show this week, he got fired because he wasn't a Salk hire so Salk let him go. And he didn't harass an intern.

    710 should have released the statement why Grey was let go. If the statement about him sexually harassing an intern was true, then he has no room to talk back against the press release.
    Last edited by Geologic on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Geologic
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 551
    Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:45 pm


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm not sure what the etiquette is on acknowledging someone in media after they've been fired. Did ESPN say anything after they fired Curt Schilling? Bill Simmons?

    It would make sense to have some kind of "send off," but at the same time it can be awkward because they got fired. If I were in charge of the station, I'd just mention it real quick and then move on.


    Curt got fired and ESPN let the public know why he got fired. http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/21/h ... d-by-espn/

    “ESPN is an inclusive company. Curt Schilling has been advised that his conduct was unacceptable and his employment with ESPN has been terminated.”


    ESPN made it public why Bill Simmons got fired. people knew why he got fired. Justin doesn't have that kind of power.

    “I decided today that we are not going to renew Bill Simmons’ contract. We have been in negotiations and it was clear it was time to move on. ESPN’s relationship with Bill has been mutually beneficial - he has produced great content for us for many years and ESPN has provided him many new opportunities to spread his wings. We wish Bill continued success as he plans his next chapter. ESPN remains committed to Grantland and we have a strong team in place.”



    ESPN wished Bill Simmons a good farewell. So whats your point?

    I don't listen to much seattle sports radio as it is, but I think I'm done listening now. The transparency is embarrassing. And the whole arena business and Danny Oneil / Softy fight makes this whole thing feel like its run by immature people.

    They literally go out of the way to not avoid using Justin's name in the last two shows after the firing. Its disrespectful to the fans and to the radio show host. How does "Justin and Gee Show" turn into "Gee and Company" show overnight without no mention to the daily listeners? And how do Salk and Brock steal "Confessions" from that same show the next day after they get canned? The complaint isn't that they got fired or that it's awkward. It's that the radio station tried to sweep it under the rug. Gee can't even say "goodbye" to Justin and let the daily listeners know?

    I'm not even a Justin and Gee fan, and I like John Clayton more for his analysis. But I gotta say that's a d*ck move by Salk and co to do. You can say "its radio business" which I can reply then "alright I wont listen to them". Its crazy coming from a different area. I haven't seen so much turnover before like Seattle Sports Radio.

    If you got any more excuses for 710's crappy response on the firings, I'll keep racking them.
    Geologic
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 551
    Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:45 pm


  • Largent80 wrote:Not sure which one is which but one thing is CERTAIN.

    They SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    And now...EVERYONE agrees the sucked.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 35850
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • 20 minutes into John Claytons show and him talking about football is night and day compared to him talking about baseball and basketball. Could listen to him talk all day about football but baseball and basketball is awkward to listen to.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1379
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:20 minutes into John Claytons show and him talking about football is night and day compared to him talking about baseball and basketball. Could listen to him talk all day about football but baseball and basketball is awkward to listen to.


    I give this show 6 months, tops.

    No one's tuning into Clayton to listen to his expert analysis on the M's or NBA Championship. Maybe he'll hang in there ratings wise during football season, but other than those 4-5 months, it'll be a ghost town.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16452
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:20 minutes into John Claytons show and him talking about football is night and day compared to him talking about baseball and basketball. Could listen to him talk all day about football but baseball and basketball is awkward to listen to.


    I give this show 6 months, tops.

    No one's tuning into Clayton to listen to his expert analysis on the M's or NBA Championship. Maybe he'll hang in there ratings wise during football season, but other than those 4-5 months, it'll be a ghost town.


    I think it's a bit overkill- this show, his segment on Brock and Salk and Danny, Dave and Moore along with the weekend show. How much can he talk about without constantly repeating the same info over and over.

    If KJR get Michael Grey in the 10am slot i'd probably listen to that given he also talks hockey and soccer nd is comfortable on all sports.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1379
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:20 minutes into John Claytons show and him talking about football is night and day compared to him talking about baseball and basketball. Could listen to him talk all day about football but baseball and basketball is awkward to listen to.


    I give this show 6 months, tops.

    No one's tuning into Clayton to listen to his expert analysis on the M's or NBA Championship. Maybe he'll hang in there ratings wise during football season, but other than those 4-5 months, it'll be a ghost town.


    I think it's a bit overkill- this show, his segment on Brock and Salk and Danny, Dave and Moore along with the weekend show. How much can he talk about without constantly repeating the same info over and over.

    If KJR get Michael Grey in the 10am slot i'd probably listen to that given he also talks hockey and soccer nd is comfortable on all sports.

    Don't you go messing with my Chuck Powell show. Really though, they should throw Michael Grey at 3PM.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4680
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:20 minutes into John Claytons show and him talking about football is night and day compared to him talking about baseball and basketball. Could listen to him talk all day about football but baseball and basketball is awkward to listen to.


    I give this show 6 months, tops.

    No one's tuning into Clayton to listen to his expert analysis on the M's or NBA Championship. Maybe he'll hang in there ratings wise during football season, but other than those 4-5 months, it'll be a ghost town.


    I think it's a bit overkill- this show, his segment on Brock and Salk and Danny, Dave and Moore along with the weekend show. How much can he talk about without constantly repeating the same info over and over.

    If KJR get Michael Grey in the 10am slot i'd probably listen to that given he also talks hockey and soccer nd is comfortable on all sports.


    That was the most confusing part of hiring Clayton, he's about as old and antiquated of a personality and show format as it gets.

    Maybe the older demographic that likes that format in that time slot will be good enough? Idk, IMO the sports radio personalities that pull ratings are entertaining first, not just a smart sports guy talking minutia for 2-3 hours a day...........and Clayton is the opposite of entertaining/personality.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16452
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • That might be the first Richard Sherman interview i've found boring. I don't care what Richard Sherman would do as president and questions like do you think you'll win the superbowl are lame. He's not going to say no. Didn't learn much other than cliche stock answers.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1379
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


  • I have no desire to listen to Clayton talk about anything but football. But at the same time, I really don't like the NFL and Seahawk talk that takes place on the radio unless it's during the season, draft, or training camp. All the talk about the Seahawks in late May and June is just chitter-chatter. I just realized the other day that NFL Live is on ESPN basically every day, like what do they actually talk about? But that just shows how popular the NFL is.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4209
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I have no desire to listen to Clayton talk about anything but football. But at the same time, I really don't like the NFL and Seahawk talk that takes place on the radio unless it's during the season, draft, or training camp. All the talk about the Seahawks in late May and June is just chitter-chatter. I just realized the other day that NFL Live is on ESPN basically every day, like what do they actually talk about? But that just shows how popular the NFL is.


    Basically make up drama 'Will Doug Baldwin/Michael Bennet/Chancellor sign a new deal?' Other players have so the Seahawks need to now or the price goes up. Creating a panic.

    'Will Marshawn come back' despite the fact he is retired and has said so. No doubt brought up this time next year again because people think he misses football.

    'Talk up the draft picks and how great they will be before any snap has been taken'- even spin Justin Britt at center as a positive before he takes a snap and give lots of reasons why.

    'Who will be the back up QB?'

    The worst is when people say 'Who will replace Lynch?'. Ignoring the fact that Thomas Rawls was the clear replacement last year, got most of the carries and was fantastic till he got hurt, he'll be back for preseason I imagine.

    If Pete and John don't sign extensions before pre season there will be a ton of chat and drama about that from why they haven't, when will they, if they do how long for, future replacement coaches and GM's etc.


    There is always something to discuss and if it is slow they will make things up to make them seem like issues or just discuss other NFL teams: e.g.

    'Will the Rams finally be good'

    '49ers drama'

    'Will the Seahawks get revenge on the Panthers'

    'Is the Arizona rivalry the new Jim Harbaugh 49ers era rivalry'
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1379
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I have no desire to listen to Clayton talk about anything but football. But at the same time, I really don't like the NFL and Seahawk talk that takes place on the radio unless it's during the season, draft, or training camp. All the talk about the Seahawks in late May and June is just chitter-chatter. I just realized the other day that NFL Live is on ESPN basically every day, like what do they actually talk about? But that just shows how popular the NFL is.


    Basically make up drama 'Will Doug Baldwin/Michael Bennet/Chancellor sign a new deal?' Other players have so the Seahawks need to now or the price goes up. Creating a panic.

    'Will Marshawn come back' despite the fact he is retired and has said so. No doubt brought up this time next year again because people think he misses football.

    'Talk up the draft picks and how great they will be before any snap has been taken'- even spin Justin Britt at center as a positive before he takes a snap and give lots of reasons why.

    'Who will be the back up QB?'

    The worst is when people say 'Who will replace Lynch?'. Ignoring the fact that Thomas Rawls was the clear replacement last year, got most of the carries and was fantastic till he got hurt, he'll be back for preseason I imagine.

    If Pete and John don't sign extensions before pre season there will be a ton of chat and drama about that from why they haven't, when will they, if they do how long for, future replacement coaches and GM's etc.


    There is always something to discuss and if it is slow they will make things up to make them seem like issues or just discuss other NFL teams: e.g.

    'Will the Rams finally be good'

    '49ers drama'

    'Will the Seahawks get revenge on the Panthers'

    'Is the Arizona rivalry the new Jim Harbaugh 49ers era rivalry'


    Yep, it's all just gossip. Which is why I personally don't part-take in most the Seahawk talk on these forums in the off-season. Usually in the summer I prefer national sports talk, but now that the M's are good I'm tuning into the local stuff. But yeah, the Seahawk talk during the dead times of the year can be painful to listen to.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4209
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I have no desire to listen to Clayton talk about anything but football. But at the same time, I really don't like the NFL and Seahawk talk that takes place on the radio unless it's during the season, draft, or training camp. All the talk about the Seahawks in late May and June is just chitter-chatter. I just realized the other day that NFL Live is on ESPN basically every day, like what do they actually talk about? But that just shows how popular the NFL is.


    Basically make up drama 'Will Doug Baldwin/Michael Bennet/Chancellor sign a new deal?' Other players have so the Seahawks need to now or the price goes up. Creating a panic.

    'Will Marshawn come back' despite the fact he is retired and has said so. No doubt brought up this time next year again because people think he misses football.

    'Talk up the draft picks and how great they will be before any snap has been taken'- even spin Justin Britt at center as a positive before he takes a snap and give lots of reasons why.

    'Who will be the back up QB?'

    The worst is when people say 'Who will replace Lynch?'. Ignoring the fact that Thomas Rawls was the clear replacement last year, got most of the carries and was fantastic till he got hurt, he'll be back for preseason I imagine.

    If Pete and John don't sign extensions before pre season there will be a ton of chat and drama about that from why they haven't, when will they, if they do how long for, future replacement coaches and GM's etc.


    There is always something to discuss and if it is slow they will make things up to make them seem like issues or just discuss other NFL teams: e.g.

    'Will the Rams finally be good'

    '49ers drama'

    'Will the Seahawks get revenge on the Panthers'

    'Is the Arizona rivalry the new Jim Harbaugh 49ers era rivalry'


    Yep, it's all just gossip. Which is why I personally don't part-take in most the Seahawk talk on these forums in the off-season. Usually in the summer I prefer national sports talk, but now that the M's are good I'm tuning into the local stuff. But yeah, the Seahawk talk during the dead times of the year can be painful to listen to.


    At this dead part of the year i'd love a couple of hours of soccer to talk about since theres no NBA or NHL team. Just the M's. There's plenty of it going on till football preseason- MLS, Euros, Copa America and given the Sounders attendance there is some market and interest for it.

    Soccer really is the red headed step child to the media here and feel it deserves more exposure with its growing at a fast rate.

    Failing that talk some more college football. Not just the huskies but the cougs, ducks as well. Id rather want to know what players they have hopes for, get to know players, recruiting, projections, who might make the NFL etc and get a better insight into the teams and coaches mindsets than learn about what Richard Sherman would do as president. Cant help but feel if the huskies had the ducks recent success theyd be talked about almost as much as the hawks.

    I know Peterson and Leach are pretty guarded but there must be scouts, insiders, assistant coaches who know stuff like they do with the hawks when Carroll is guarded or deflective.

    Just feel we know all we are going to about the hawks until training camp/preseason when we can get our own eye tests and make our own decisions in game situations on how good this team will be and who gets cut.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1379
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


  • Tuned in for the first time to Clayton's show. He was talking baseball with Tim Kurkijan, and I could tell that Clayton was reading notes, as he knows very little about baseball. I just don't like to listen to a radio host who knows less than I do. And ironically, he had Gee Scott on after. No mention about him taking over his time slot or anything like that. I couldn't tell you what they talked about because after about a minute of Gee talking I had to change the station.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4209
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Tuned in for the first time to Clayton's show. He was talking baseball with Tim Kurkijan, and I could tell that Clayton was reading notes, as he knows very little about baseball. I just don't like to listen to a radio host who knows less than I do. And ironically, he had Gee Scott on after. No mention about him taking over his time slot or anything like that. I couldn't tell you what they talked about because after about a minute of Gee talking I had to change the station.

    Don't tell anyone, but he doesn't know anything about football either. He's a reporter. Not an analyst. He knows a ton about the business side of football, but once you get into on-field activity, 100% of what he says is regurgitated from another source.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4680
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Very rarely do radio personalities get a send off or even have a chance to say goodbye. Stations do that on purpose because they don't want to give the DJ's or personalities time to vent and talk crap on the air for days or weeks.

    It's a dog eat dog business, and they all know it.

    What gets me is Justin and Gee had to have higher ratings than their competition Chuck Powell. That's dude's even more boring than Clayton. So not sure what happened.............I can't see Clayton maintaining Brock and Salk's audience into the mid-morning.



    I've said it before, Chuck sounds like he should be on 60 minutes or something. Just boring to listen to, and he really only knows baseball. At least Clayton will run circles around everyone with his NFL knowledge.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3515
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm


  • Tical21 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Tuned in for the first time to Clayton's show. He was talking baseball with Tim Kurkijan, and I could tell that Clayton was reading notes, as he knows very little about baseball. I just don't like to listen to a radio host who knows less than I do. And ironically, he had Gee Scott on after. No mention about him taking over his time slot or anything like that. I couldn't tell you what they talked about because after about a minute of Gee talking I had to change the station.

    Don't tell anyone, but he doesn't know anything about football either. He's a reporter. Not an analyst. He knows a ton about the business side of football, but once you get into on-field activity, 100% of what he says is regurgitated from another source.


    This is true. He loves football, but I don't think he truly understands it. Like you said, he gets the business side, and he provides a ton of insight on that end, but if you ask him to break down the actual game, he struggles.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1746
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:41 pm


  • IMO right now Seattle only has one great radio show, and that is Brock and Salk. That show is just about as good as any local sports radio show on the air right now. There are some decent ones and some bad ones, but Brock and Salk is clearly at the top. I think most everyone can agree on that. After that, it seems like everyone on here has differing opinions on the various radio shows.

    I'm not in the car a whole lot, but I usually tune into Brock and Salk til 10AM, then switch over to The Chuck Powell show (now I may alternate between Powell and Clayton), and then in the afternoon I enjoy The Doug Gotlieb show which is a national broadcast on 1090 THE FAN.

    My favorite national show is Ferrall On The Bench. That show takes the cake. Even my girlfriend who isn't into sports-talk radio likes listening to it.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4209
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


  • I have to strongly disagree about Brock. I like Salk, but Brock Huard may be the most annoying human being alive. He adds zero original thought to his arguments and his delivery is histerically terrible. I would rather listen to Softy.

    If Mitch is a 10, the next closest local show is about a 5, and it is either Chuck Powell or Jim and Danny. I really like Wassel, but Bob is unlistenable.

    I really miss Locke.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4680
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


  • Let me make sure I have it correct? Hilary Clinton is democractic?
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12403
    Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 am
    Location: Kansas City, MO


  • I like Brock, but the way he words things is hilariously awful sometimes.

    This is something he would say if he was asked if the Seahawks need to run the ball well in their upcoming game.

    "If you are the Seahawks, and you know as your philosophy you want to run the ball, and by running the ball you are adhering to that mission statement that Pete and John have instilled, that mission statement that you are to be a running physical football team, and by being a running physical football team and all that it means, you have to run the ball, and that just goes to tell you how important it is for the Seahawks to run the ball well and everything that entails this Sunday."
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1746
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:41 pm


  • seahawk2k wrote:I like Brock, but the way he words things is hilariously awful sometimes.

    This is something he would say if he was asked if the Seahawks need to run the ball well in their upcoming game.

    "If you are the Seahawks, and you know as your philosophy you want to run the ball, and by running the ball you are adhering to that mission statement that Pete and John have instilled, that mission statement that you are to be a running physical football team, and by being a running physical football team and all that it means, you have to run the ball, and that just goes to tell you how important it is for the Seahawks to run the ball well and everything that entails this Sunday."


    HAHAHA I read that with Brock's voice in my head. Well done!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4209
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am


  • seahawk2k wrote:I like Brock, but the way he words things is hilariously awful sometimes.

    This is something he would say if he was asked if the Seahawks need to run the ball well in their upcoming game.

    "If you are the Seahawks, and you know as your philosophy you want to run the ball, and by running the ball you are adhering to that mission statement that Pete and John have instilled, that mission statement that you are to be a running physical football team, and by being a running physical football team and all that it means, you have to run the ball, and that just goes to tell you how important it is for the Seahawks to run the ball well and everything that entails this Sunday."


    He comes across as a bit square at teams. Like to manly for certain things but also squeeky clean and church going. For a lot of players I know that's an image they present in public but not always in private but for him I think it's true. Just hearing him rant about Vegas and it's vices for example. Always cracks me up that for Brock and other football players who play a massively violent and aggressive sport where they break down their bodies and have to be badass leaders of men, can be completely clean living and to a point almost boring off it.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1379
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


  • Brock's good because he's a good contrast to Salk, they work well together.

    Alone Brock would be insufferable.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16452
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Previous


It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests