Top 3 Sports Games You've Attended

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What are your top 3 games you've been to. It can be any sport. I'll go first:

1. UW beating #1 ranked Stanford in college basketball at Hec-Ed. It was the last game of the regular season, Stanford was undefeated and the #1 team. It was the year that UW's basketball become prominent. It was my first ever game at Hec-Ed and the atmosphere was like nothing else I've seen before. I had been to many Sonic games, but an NBA game couldn't compare to the energy and loudness in that building.

2. Seahawks beating GB on MNF in the fail mary. I don't think I need to explain this game much. I've been to my fair share of buzzer beaters in basketball, but I've never seen a last second touchdown for the win. This was the game that put us on the map.

3. The last game of the Sonics in Key-Arena against the Dallas Mavericks. This game gave me chills. The crowd chanting "Save Our Sonics" throughout the game. Near the end of the game the chants were so loud I remember the players acknowledged it. Probably the most emotional sporting event I have ever been to.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
C'mon! No one wants to share? Don't be shy.

Smurf

Reaction score
1. 2010 vs the Saints.
2. 2006 vs Cowboys
4. 2004 vs Cowboys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Oakland A's vs. San Francisco when the Mira Loma earthquake happened (World Series). I got out safe obviously but was on my cell calling my family and relatives because a bunch of them used the Embarcadero on their work commute.

Other then that nothing big unless you count the Mariners vs the Yankees in the regular season in 2001 as important.

Decimation

Reaction score
1. 2014 NFC Championship against the niners. Magical day and a great play to finish it. I never felt a moment as magical as that when we won that game, it was so exciting.

2. Saints vs Seahawks 2010 NFC Wildcard playoff against the defending champs at the time.

3. 2007 Rams vs Seahawks game. Beat them like 38-10 from what I remember, was my first ever seahawks game.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
1. Seahawks Raiders 2001: Shaun Alexander goes for 260.

2. Bellevue High vs De La Salle: De La Salle had won 151 games in a row.

3. WSU vs USC 2006. Great weather, great game. It was awesome seeing those SC teams in person. Loved that it went down to the final play

JSeahawks

Reaction score
1. 2005 Super Bowl. Even though the outcome sucked it was still the Super Bowl. Once on a lifetime moment to attend.

2. NFC championship game vs Carolina. That was just a party from start to finish.

3. Beast quake game (was the last seahawks game I've been to. Had to give up my season tickets after that.... Sad face)

I went to a few nba finals games when the blazers played both the bulls and the pistons. They were fun and would probably be #3 on my list if the blazers had ended up winning the series.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
1. Super bowl XLIX (Loss or not, it's the Super Bowl)
2. All 3 NFC Championship victories
3. Game 5 Vs. the Yankees, Edgar's Double

Honorable Mention: Game 7, Sonics over the Jazz to go to the NBA Finals. That place was insane, and the volume was unreal.

Msfann

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3gwhaj7v said:
#1 First Seahawk game in the Kingdome, 1st EVER (preseason) middle of summer 1976.. If I remember correctly it was against the 49ers but it's rather foggy because I was about 10 years old and a bunch of traumatic stuff happened that week.

#2 First pennant game vs the Yankees during the 116 win season, right after 9/11. It was a weird time, I went with my father in law and once we saw how out of sync the Mariners were and how big the strike zone was for the Yankees pitchers we realized we were screwed. Never watched another baseball game again.

#3 Seahawks vs. Raiders ... Monday Night football. Bo Jackson. Nuff said.

I might have been at that Mariners playoff game.

Also I was at the Sonics game where they managed to score 58 points for the entire game.

When I was like 10 years old I went to a Mariners game with some friends and their parents, the Mariners were getting beat so us kids at the time decided to start heading for the car, the game ended up going into extra innings and we spent a long time standing out in the cold waiting for the parents who stayed. So I learned that lesson early on to never leave early heh.

Not quite the list others will post but it was real to me!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
1. 1995 Game 4 WC vs Yankees.
2. 2006 NFC Championship Game
3. 1996 Game 5 NBA FInals

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Keep it coming guys! Not a lot of UW athletics, thought I'd hear more UW football and basketball.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
1. Seahawks beat Patriots in Kingdome, Dec. '83 thus clinching their first ever playoff appearance.

2. Seahawks beat Panthers in NFCCG to clinch first ever trip to Superb Owl, Jan. '06.

3. Seahawks win playoff game vs. Dullass Cowpatties when Tony Romo fumbles snap on possible game winning FG attempt Jan. of '07 (I think).

See a pattern there? I've been to plenty of other Hawks games, along with Ms games, Huskies games, Cougs games, Padres games, Dodgers games, Chargers games, etc. but none had any/were big moments like those 3 Hawks games I attended.

dbmack

Reaction score
I only have one. June 5, 1977 at Memorial Coliseum when the Blazers won the NBA title. I had season tickets back then.

CPHawk

Reaction score
1-1994 top 10 ranked Arizona at UO. Gang Green vs Desert Swarm, 10-9 final. UO was down 9-3 at the half, and scored the only TD of the game. A time when D dominated the pac 10.

2-2015 NFC title game, what a great comeback!

3-1990 UO vs BYU. My very first college or pro game as a kid. And the duckies sacked eventual Heisman winner Ty Detmer 6 times, and destroy the #4 ranked Cougars, who had rolled over #1 Miami the week before in Miami.

cacksman

Reaction score
1) '14/15 NFC 'ship vs. GB
2) '13/14 NFC 'ship vs. SF
3) '05/06 NFC 'ship vs. CAR

These also happen to be the last 3 Seahawks games I've attended.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ctw2v78k said:
Oakland A's vs. San Francisco when the Mira Loma earthquake happened (World Series). I got out safe obviously but was on my cell calling my family and relatives because a bunch of them used the Embarcadero on their work commute.

they had cell phones back then in 1989 ?

CPHawk

Reaction score
djTOY2000":3qx1a1lo said:
MizzouHawkGal":3qx1a1lo said:

I didn't have a cell until 2001. It was way to much for a 20 yo to afford back then. It was either a few more drinks a week or pay for a phone that roams 75% of the time. :D

garrylt4

Reaction score
1 - my son's first 5k or his first WVU football game

2- Seahawks beating Steelers Dan Mcgwire's rookie year. It was early in my Seahawks fandom

3- Watching Cal Ripken tie Lou Gering's streak in 95. Had just started a good job that I am still employed and couldn't get off work. Woke up at 4am, went to work 8 hours, drove 3 hours to the game, awesome game, 4 hours home, 45 minutes to sleep, back to work. A coworker asked me if it was worth it. I said with a nail gun in my hands and my eyes barely open "yes, and if I had tickets to see him beat the streak, I'd be back there again tonight." his response you're crazy man. He was probably right.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CPHawk":3izsfhi1 said:
djTOY2000":3izsfhi1 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3izsfhi1 said:

I didn't have a cell until 2001. It was way to much for a 20 yo to afford back then. It was either a few more drinks a week or pay for a phone that roams 75% of the time. :D
Yeah those were the days but back then I made a nice bit of coin. 8)

Latest posts