Jordan freaking Spieth!!

Tical21

Reaction score
I have never seen anything like this. Broke the 36 hole record today. Absolutely unreal. Does anybody see him faultering on moving day? For sure he'll have a hiccup, but I have no doubt he'll respond beautifully. I expect Hoffman to fall off, and Spieth is going to win by 8+.

How awesome is it to watch Tiger resemble a good professional golfer? Just needs to get hot with the putter, and he can end up in second. His short game has been beautiful to watch this week.

Tiger was basically unrivaled for 12 years. Is Spieth vs. Rory going to be the rivalry we've been waiting a long time for? Cause that would be awesome!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah I haven't seen this kind of composure from a 21 year old since Tiger, Spieth is just strolling around Augusta like it's a walk in the park. Awesome to watch.

Also if you've seen any of his press conferences, he's a very funny engaging dude. So hopefully Spieth is a golfer that can give us the next dominant charismatic player the sport needs again. Not saying he's the next Tiger, I don't like that comparison cause Tiger changed golf on different levels.

But golf is like any sport, when you have teams and/or players dominating it makes the sport far more interesting.

getnasty

Reaction score
Golf needs Jordan like it needed Tiger back in the day. I have a hard time believing anyone is going to catch him this weekend, he just doesn't make big mistakes. I've never liked Tiger but i'm glad he played well this week it was hard to watch him earlier in the year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am thinking 18-20 under for Spieth at the end of today. That sets him up for 24 or better to take the green jacket. Ya I agree that he is a spark that the sport needed at this time. What a class of golfer too. Rory V Spieth is the next generation. Been streaming it on the net too. Glad the Masters has that option.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3tykp0wc said:
I am thinking 18-20 under for Spieth at the end of today. That sets him up for 24 or better to take the green jacket. Ya I agree that he is a spark that the sport needed at this time. What a class of golfer too. Rory V Spieth is the next generation. Been streaming it on the net too. Glad the Masters has that option.

That's pretty ambitious, usually they dry out the greens and make the pin placements tougher for the weekend at Augusta.

Not that I wouldn't put it past Spieth the way he's playing, but if I had to bet I'd say he ends today around -15 or -16. He's got a nice lead, no need for him to start taking risks to shoot a low score. I expect some conservative play.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Yeah, guys just don't go low all four days at Augusta. I suppose at some point somebody is going to prove that theory wrong, but there are always hiccups. Always.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Nothing against him, but I hope he falters and the leader board gets tighter. Just more entertaining for me.

And I'm all about ME.

SC

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
StoneCold":4pi4ysm7 said:
Nothing against him, but I hope he falters and the leader board gets tighter. Just more entertaining for me.

And I'm all about ME.

SC

Yanno.......I have to agree with you.

I am all about ME too. LOL

getnasty

Reaction score
Looks like my boy Lefty might give him a run for his money. MIGHT

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Man, this is just so much fun!! If Jordan Spieth didn't exist, this would be like the best Masters Saturday in history. Just awesome stuff going on out there! What a birdie by Eldridge at 13!!! Wow!!

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
getnasty":148bmwbq said:
Oh, how can anybody like that guy?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tical21":19h4dhlq said:
getnasty":19h4dhlq said:

Yeah Phil is fake nice, all the reports on tour is he's a phony.

But what a hell of a Masters, can't remember the last time so many big names were shooting lights out on Saturday. Spieth kept his four stroke lead, but anything can happen on Sunday.

Not sure bout you guys, but Sunday Masters is right up there with the SB & World Series game 7 for exciting sports days for me.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jsdw0yl said:
Tical21":2jsdw0yl said:
getnasty":2jsdw0yl said:

But what a hell of a Masters, can't remember the last time so many big names were shooting lights out on Saturday. Spieth kept his four stroke lead, but anything can happen on Sunday.

Not sure bout you guys, but Sunday Masters is right up there with the SB & World Series game 7 for exciting sports days for me.
The Masters is my favorite thing on this planet. I take Thursday and Friday off work, and the for the past few years I've been running two mobile devices on featured groups/amen corner and watching the TV coverage on the big screen. Sunday is usually my favorite, but it'll have to be Saturday this year. I don't see any fireworks happening tomorrow. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If you can believe it, game 7 of the NBA Finals would actually be second for me. Then the Open Championship, then the US Open. Then game 7 of the World Series. To be honest, I don't always watch the Super Bowl when we're not in it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3e0is3yf said:
Tical21":3e0is3yf said:
getnasty":3e0is3yf said:

Other golfers don't like him at, he has that fake rep with them because of some longstanding issues. But his sponsors are loyal, and everywhere he goes, everyone from the range guys to the waiters and greenskeepers love the guy. Generous to a fault and by all accounts a very good family kind of guy. Over the years I have gotten the impression that the professional dislikes are more of jealousies.

Speith is incredible and has been so for two years. He has unique things that separate him from all the swing doctor created golfers out there, the way he putts while looking at the hole breaks so many ultra conservative and long held conventions, but it works. His swing reminds me a bit of Els. Fluid. Hopefully success does not make him soft like it has many of the pretenders to Tiger's throne the last 15 years.

And his tin cup moment this week when he had a chance to go 10 under and got a bogey instead, but he went for the course record instead of playing conservative. I love that he tried for history instead of thinking exclusively about the jacket.

Good to see Tiger back in the mix. He might be an ass, but he is good for the sport, and I hope to see the return of the guy whose stare makes less focused guys collapse. He still looks to me like his long clubs are on the verge of disintegration at all times, and with it his fragile psyche that has had him withdraw for "injury" reasons when he is playing badly.

And Rory. I wish he had started the tourney faster, he has been smoking since being 3 over on the back 9 Friday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah I agree on Tiger and Phil, I don't personally like them, but they're for sure great for golf when they're in contention.

I love me some golf, but even I'm not particularly excited on Sunday when it's a bunch of no names on the leaderboard. It's a sport that NEEDS big names to play well in big tournies.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
And of course another 12s reference. Top 12 and ties get into the tournament next year. Great time to be a 12. LOL

Latest posts