New ESPN.com

Largent80

Reaction score
Anyone like this new format?

To me it is a HUGE step backwards. It requires a lot of extra clicks to get info that was visible on each sport home page.

In my stupid opinion.......Chunks are a blowin'.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't like it. Most new format changes I don't like at first, but I eventually warm up to them, but I don't see it happening with the new ESPN. Just a lot of extra clicks like you mentioned and it just seems more difficult to navigate. I do like the cleaner look of it with the white background, but that's about the only thing I like about it.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3d9pxf0v said:
I don't like it. Most new format changes I don't like at first, but I eventually warm up to them, but I don't see it happening with the new ESPN. Just a lot of extra clicks like you mentioned and it just seems more difficult to navigate. I do like the cleaner look of it with the white background, but that's about the only thing I like about it.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Speaking of changes, has anybody watched a baseball game on ESPN yet this year? I do not like the K-Zone that they keep up at all times during the game.

danbogart

Reaction score
I honestly stopped using it. I use to go every morning for my sports fix. Getting it elsewhere now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":1694gewo said:
Anyone like this new format?

To me it is a HUGE step backwards. It requires a lot of extra clicks to get info that was visible on each sport home page.

In my stupid opinion.......Chunks are a blowin'.
Yeah it sucks.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I agree with you all. It was fine before but this new change is for the dogs. I find myself visiting ESPN less and less now.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
My work blocked ESPN in 2014 during March Madness. Never opened up again. Used to be a mainstay for me for Hawk and Ms but now I rarely ever go there, even when I'm browsing the Internet at home.

Had to check out the new website--cripes! Need some more advertising clicks, ESPN? :roll:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ahhhh....Mickey and Goofy are running the show. :stirthepot: :twisted:

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":x71xu4my said:
My work blocked ESPN in 2014 during March Madness. Never opened up again. Used to be a mainstay for me for Hawk and Ms but now I rarely ever go there, even when I'm browsing the Internet at home.

In the early aughts, my firm blocked the url "espn.com," but not "espn.go.com," which is its full address. It was a nice loophole. If you want to get back into it, try that.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":eq8hfnxx said:
HoustonHawk82":eq8hfnxx said:
It's telling me my browser is old...

I highly recommend Netscape 4.0

Was that Netscape Navigator? I dont recall. I am gonna have to go back to my filing cabinet and check on that. LOL

A

Anonymous

Wasn't Netscape Navigator like one of the first browsers back in the day?

netskier

Reaction score
Iirc, it was the first commercial browser, meaning manufacturered by a for profit corporation, given away for free as a loss leader.

The NCSA browser was the first graphical browser, and was written by Marc Andersen, then at the university of illinois at champaign Urbana. He left school to cofound Netscape with mom Clark, CEO of silicon graphics.

Predating this, there was a noon graphical browser used by the physicists at CERN, perhaps for a few years.

Firefox carries on this legacy.

Latest posts