Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Nba playoffs... Who ya got?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:33 pm
  • I think lebron will get Cleveland out of the east. Western conference playoffs should be great. Unfortunately my blazers are limping into the playoffs with just about all the 2's and 3's on the roster injured. I expect the winner of San Antonio vs golden state to take home the title. I think it's the warriors time.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Nba playoffs... Who ya got?
Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:42 pm
  • This will curse them and guarantee a first round exit. But given Seattle's team is in OKC and Kansas City's team is in Sacramento, both of them craptastic....I guess I have no choice but to go with my hometown team the Curry Bombers (Golden State).
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:36 am
  • Imma go with Houston out the West and Cleveland out the East
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:12 am
  • Yeah sadly I don't have high expectations for the Blazers at this point, I would love to see Toronto and Golden State.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:43 am
  • thunder are out, already a good year. Now blazers need to do well and hopefully those flop-tastic ref blower rockets get beat
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:11 am
  • I think the West is a 3 team race right now: Spurs, GS and the Clippers. Portland has too many injuries to overcome right now. I liked Memphis before, but they are very injured at the moment too.

In the East I think it's the Cavs, I give a chance to the Bulls though.

I kind of hope the Warriors win it all, they are very fun to watch. They remind me a little bit of our Seahawks when they first came on the scene a couple years ago with Russ.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:43 pm
  • First round so far has been pretty boring. The only series that feels somewhat competitive is the Spurs-Clippers series, but there is a good chance even that series is 3-1 by tomorrow.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat May 09, 2015 10:52 am
  • Injuries are really hurting the playoffs. NBA has always been a "star" league. As of now, here are the injuries, and some big names:

Kevin Love
    John Wall
    Pau Gasol (got hurt yesterday, day to day)
    Kyrie Irving (sprained foot, will play but obviously limited)
    Mike Conley
    Chris Paul
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat May 09, 2015 2:05 pm
  • Wouldn't mind the Warriors or Cavs winning.
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Sat May 09, 2015 2:13 pm
  • Wiz
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Sun May 10, 2015 2:48 am
  • Memphis is physically just beating the dog poop out the Warriors, awesome stuff to see honestly. I hate that finesse crap they play with in GS, the splash brothers a treat, but it's fun to see them struggle now when faced by a team who doesn't feel anyway about punching you in the mouth.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 10, 2015 3:11 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Memphis is physically just beating the dog poop out the Warriors, awesome stuff to see honestly. I hate that finesse crap they play with in GS, the splash brothers a treat, but it's fun to see them struggle now when faced by a team who doesn't feel anyway about punching you in the mouth.

If the Seahawks were an NBA team, they would be the Grizzlies. Grizz love to slow the game down and grind it out, and unlike most teams, they actually play defense. I love the Grizz, especially the frontcourt of Randolph and Gasol. Got to appreciate Conley, he's playing really banged up.

I would love to see the Grizz advance and possibly even make the finals. A Bulls/Grizz finals wouldn't bring in huge ratings, but that series would be a slugfest. That would be like a 7 game series of Seahawks/49ers from a couple years ago.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun May 10, 2015 10:54 pm
  • Is anyone else struggling to pay attention to the playoffs this year? The games i've seen have all been great, but it's hard for me to care about WA vs ATL or GS vs MEM, hell even HOU vs LAC has very little meaning to me. I've always wanted the small market or non-traditional powers to succeed in the playoffs, but now that I have it, I don't care. Where are the evil empires? the Lakers, the Celtics, the Heat, the Spurs...

Seriously! if LeBron get's eliminated these playoffs we will have no villians to root against. It's hard to hate on Blake Griffin. Memphis is as blue collar as it gets. ATL???? who do they have Kyle Korver? The Warriors are coached by Steve Kerr nuff said. Pretty much the only guy to root against outside of LeBron is Paul Pierce, but I kind of like PP now :oops:

I don't know what to do. I love the playoffs but this year is just meh.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sun May 10, 2015 11:10 pm
  • You could just do what I do. Refuse to admit the NBA even exists until the Supersonics are back in Seattle? It works for me...just sayin'.
    MizzouHawkGal

Mon May 11, 2015 1:16 am
  • knownone wrote:Is anyone else struggling to pay attention to the playoffs this year? The games i've seen have all been great, but it's hard for me to care about WA vs ATL or GS vs MEM, hell even HOU vs LAC has very little meaning to me. I've always wanted the small market or non-traditional powers to succeed in the playoffs, but now that I have it, I don't care. Where are the evil empires? the Lakers, the Celtics, the Heat, the Spurs...

Seriously! if LeBron get's eliminated these playoffs we will have no villians to root against. It's hard to hate on Blake Griffin. Memphis is as blue collar as it gets. ATL???? who do they have Kyle Korver? The Warriors are coached by Steve Kerr nuff said. Pretty much the only guy to root against outside of LeBron is Paul Pierce, but I kind of like PP now :oops:

They're entertaining as hell! The top seeds are matched up with teams that could take them out right now.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 11, 2015 5:38 am
  • Love or hate LeBron it's hard not to watch any game he is playing in. The buzzer beater last night was fantastic. I've missed most of the playoffs but overall it looks like its entertaining as Throwdown has mentioned. I'll catch more in the next round for sure.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Mon May 11, 2015 5:59 am
  • Last round was boring, a lot of sweeps and 5 game series. Just overall meh in that one, only one series where the lower seed won and that was the Memphis/Portland series (yeah I brought that up cuz I know it hurts a few). I still don't understand the hate for LeBron but whatevz I root for the guy, plus I don't see how anyone can not root for Kyrie Irving, dude can flat out ball.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 11, 2015 10:06 am
  • knownone wrote:Is anyone else struggling to pay attention to the playoffs this year? The games i've seen have all been great, but it's hard for me to care about WA vs ATL or GS vs MEM, hell even HOU vs LAC has very little meaning to me. I've always wanted the small market or non-traditional powers to succeed in the playoffs, but now that I have it, I don't care. Where are the evil empires? the Lakers, the Celtics, the Heat, the Spurs...

Hou vs Lac is very hard to watch because of all the "hack-a-shaq" going on in that series. Yesterday DeAndre Jordan shot 34 FT's .....who wants to see that? NBA will fix the rule soon, at least I hope they do. IMO the GS/MEM and the CLE/CHI series are terrific. A lot of star power in those games, and most of them have been competitive. The only series I don't care for is WAS/ATL because there are no stars (especially now that Wall is injured), and I don't see either team having a realistic shot at making the finals.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon May 11, 2015 4:50 pm
  • The NBA needs to do something about the hack a Shaq rule. Fouling a guy the entire half to force him to shoot free throws just isn't what basketball was designed for. Get a better game plan and play ball. I had to turn that game off last night.

Either create that as an intentional foul off the ball and give two shots and the ball, or give the team the option of shooting the FTs or taking the ball out of bounds
    Diezel Dawg
    NET Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 12:31 am
  • Anyone else watch the Clippers blow a 19 point lead late in the 3rd quarter, to lose by 12. Outscored 40-15 in the 4th quarter.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 12:36 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Anyone else watch the Clippers blow a 19 point lead late in the 3rd quarter, to lose by 12. Outscored 40-15 in the 4th quarter.

It was poetry
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri May 15, 2015 3:05 pm
  • I know we hate the NBA and all but the playoffs are so awesome every year! Really hoping Washington can find a way, makes the ECF so much more fun!
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 3:06 pm
  • I do change the channel when Hack-a-Deandre starts though. No place in the game for that. You're supposed to play defense without fouling.

How's this: if you are fouled intentionally away from the ball, your coach can pick anybody he wants to shoot the free-throws.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 3:12 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Anyone else watch the Clippers blow a 19 point lead late in the 3rd quarter, to lose by 12. Outscored 40-15 in the 4th quarter.

Key: Harden on the bench that entire time. Josh Smith got fluky hot, and the Clippers couldn't score against five guys who actually play defense.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 5:51 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Anyone else watch the Clippers blow a 19 point lead late in the 3rd quarter, to lose by 12. Outscored 40-15 in the 4th quarter.

Key: Harden on the bench that entire time. Josh Smith got fluky hot, and the Clippers couldn't score against five guys who actually play defense.

Couldn't agree with you more. Harden is a loser who plays no defense and once every blue moon Josh Smith will get that hot from the perimeter.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 1:55 pm
  • Rockets punking the clippers right now
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 17, 2015 2:36 pm
  • How bout them Rockets?

I really don't care about the NBA but DAY'UM.
    Coming back from 3-1, with some ass kickings mixed in.
    I gotta pull for them the rest of the way.
    GoRockets.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun May 17, 2015 3:06 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:How bout them Rockets?

GoRockets.

That was a great series. I'm very pleased Ballmer won't get a ring, I hope the curse extends to him for abandoning Seattle.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 3:52 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:How bout them Rockets?

GoRockets.

That was a great series. I'm very pleased Ballmer won't get a ring, I hope the curse extends to him for abandoning Seattle.

I don't really know that whole story but didn't he really give it an honest shot, trying to get Seattle a team?
    Don't torch me for my ignorance, I really don't know.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun May 17, 2015 4:01 pm
  • I cannot believe the Rockets came back. I've always thought of their team as "losers." The series completely flipped after game 4.

I didn't think the Clipps had much of a chance today after they blew that 19 point lead late in the 3rd quarter in game 6. Mentally, there is no way you can bounce back from that, especially having to play on the road.

GS should handle Houston pretty easily, should be plenty of scoring in those games.

I actually think ATL can give the Cavs a good seriers, I see that series going 6 or 7 games.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 6:42 pm
  • I'm convinced it's Golden States time, the way they completely flipped the script on the Grizzlies was impressive, because the Grizzlies were literally just suffocating them.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 17, 2015 6:57 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I'm convinced it's Golden States time, the way they completely flipped the script on the Grizzlies was impressive, because the Grizzlies were literally just suffocating them.

Obviously I hope so. They're just fun to watch like those Westhead LMU teams. They played basketball like a good hockey or soccer team, always up tempo and free flowing. None of the crap that the Grizzlies call basketball.
    MizzouHawkGal

Sun May 17, 2015 8:58 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:How bout them Rockets?

GoRockets.

I don't really know that whole story but didn't he really give it an honest shot, trying to get Seattle a team?
    Don't torch me for my ignorance, I really don't know.

No, you are absolutely correct, rumor is NBA said Seattles not happening soon and we want you. It's just bad for Seattle as he was a whale they really wanted. He's from Detroit its not really his fault but if it was possible I'd like no team to win until we get one.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 9:07 pm
  • This years playoffs continues to disappoint me.

Houston is full of so many lazy and entitled players, yet here they are in WCF after an improbable series turn around. This was probably the worst 7 games series I've seen in a long time.

What is wrong with this year. Is it injuries? is it just a low year? outside of GS teams just don't seem very good this year.
    Comparing this years ECF and WCF teams to last years. I don't know if any of this years teams would win a series against last years teams.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 11:19 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I'm convinced it's Golden States time, the way they completely flipped the script on the Grizzlies was impressive, because the Grizzlies were literally just suffocating them.

Obviously I hope so. They're just fun to watch like those Westhead LMU teams. They played basketball like a good hockey or soccer team, always up tempo and free flowing. None of the crap that the Grizzlies call basketball.

I personally love the way Memphis plays ball, reminds me how it used to be in the 90's growing up, specially when they play the Clippers, it's kind of like those Knicks vs Heat games I used to watch.

The other style I love is the attack the basket style that every team LeBron James has played with has had, one of the many reasons I root for him, too many snipers out there in this era like Curry, Durant and a few others I'm forgetting cuz it's late.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 18, 2015 10:10 am
  • knownone wrote:This years playoffs continues to disappoint me.

Houston is full of so many lazy and entitled players, yet here they are in WCF after an improbable series turn around. This was probably the worst 7 games series I've seen in a long time.

What is wrong with this year. Is it injuries? is it just a low year? outside of GS teams just don't seem very good this year.
    Comparing this years ECF and WCF teams to last years. I don't know if any of this years teams would win a series against last years teams.

I agree that the playoffs have been a little disappointing. I think a lot of it has to do with injuries. A lot of big names have been sidelined for these playoffs.

Houston making the WCF is very puzzling. They are such a loser squad, I personally thought of them as one of the weaker teams in the west that made the playoffs.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed May 20, 2015 7:42 pm
  • Warriors - Cavs looking pretty likely at this point
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed May 20, 2015 10:41 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I'm convinced it's Golden States time, the way they completely flipped the script on the Grizzlies was impressive, because the Grizzlies were literally just suffocating them.

I personally love the way Memphis plays ball, reminds me how it used to be in the 90's growing up, specially when they play the Clippers, it's kind of like those Knicks vs Heat games I used to watch.

The other style I love is the attack the basket style that every team LeBron James has played with has had, one of the many reasons I root for him, too many snipers out there in this era like Curry, Durant and a few others I'm forgetting cuz it's late.

It's probably more that I hate the fouls more then the physical play. Either way I prefer a wide open style with snipers galore.
    MizzouHawkGal

Fri May 22, 2015 5:43 pm
  • The Hawks might be the worst #1 seed I've ever seen. On the verge of going down 0-2 in the ECF at home.....Oh and did I mention the Cavs are without Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving? Just pathetic performance from Atlanta for the first 6 quarters of this series.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri May 22, 2015 5:45 pm
  • I hate, hate, hate the NBA since the sonics got stolen. But I must say I love watching this Curry kid from golden state. Oh and that bearded guy from the rockets is the shit too.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *

Fri May 22, 2015 6:02 pm
  • I rarely say this about nba playoffs, but they have been pretty lame this year. Both the conference finals have two teams that just aren't very good. To say Atlanta and Houston are two of the top 4 teams is just incorrect.

A Cavs/Warriors finals will make up for a lot of the lameness of the playoffs. But any NBA Finals is going to be intriguing.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat May 23, 2015 5:48 am
  • I think we're looking at a lame conference finals, maybe a 5 gamer in the west but that's about it.

Let's go Cavs!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat May 23, 2015 10:13 am
  • Throwdown wrote:I think we're looking at a lame conference finals, maybe a 5 gamer in the west but that's about it.

Let's go Cavs!

Very lame conference finals. I can't think of the last time a home team went down 0-2 in the conference finals. Not to mention they were losing by 20 on their own floor.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat May 23, 2015 11:42 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I hate, hate, hate the NBA since the sonics got stolen. But I must say I love watching this Curry kid from golden state. Oh and that bearded guy from the rockets is the shit too.

Stephen Curry is the best pure shooter in the history of basketball.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sat May 23, 2015 11:48 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I hate, hate, hate the NBA since the sonics got stolen. But I must say I love watching this Curry kid from golden state. Oh and that bearded guy from the rockets is the shit too.

Stephen Curry is the best pure shooter in the history of basketball.

I agree. He makes Dale Ellis and Ray Allen 3-point shooting look like Vin Baker's freethrows.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat May 23, 2015 12:49 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:But I must say I love watching this Curry kid from golden state.

This. I don't care who you're a fan of, Steph Curry is a blast to watch.
    mbtitleist
    NET Veteran

Sun May 24, 2015 1:31 pm
  • Am I the only one that seems like it's barely worth an effort to watch either conference final. It's almost a guarantee that it'll be Golden State vs Cleveland.
    RApollos
    NET Practice Squad

Sun May 24, 2015 4:42 pm
  • RApollos wrote:Am I the only one that seems like it's barely worth an effort to watch either conference final. It's almost a guarantee that it'll be Golden State vs Cleveland.

At this point take 3 weeks off and wait for the finals.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 25, 2015 6:53 am
  • I don't see any way cleveland beats the warriors.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon May 25, 2015 6:55 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:I don't see any way cleveland beats the warriors.

Don't say that, I can't stand that team
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information