Nba playoffs... Who ya got?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think lebron will get Cleveland out of the east. Western conference playoffs should be great. Unfortunately my blazers are limping into the playoffs with just about all the 2's and 3's on the roster injured. I expect the winner of San Antonio vs golden state to take home the title. I think it's the warriors time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
This will curse them and guarantee a first round exit. But given Seattle's team is in OKC and Kansas City's team is in Sacramento, both of them craptastic....I guess I have no choice but to go with my hometown team the Curry Bombers (Golden State).

m0ng0

Reaction score
Yeah sadly I don't have high expectations for the Blazers at this point, I would love to see Toronto and Golden State.

sturg78

Reaction score
thunder are out, already a good year. Now blazers need to do well and hopefully those flop-tastic ref blower rockets get beat

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think the West is a 3 team race right now: Spurs, GS and the Clippers. Portland has too many injuries to overcome right now. I liked Memphis before, but they are very injured at the moment too.

In the East I think it's the Cavs, I give a chance to the Bulls though.

I kind of hope the Warriors win it all, they are very fun to watch. They remind me a little bit of our Seahawks when they first came on the scene a couple years ago with Russ.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
First round so far has been pretty boring. The only series that feels somewhat competitive is the Spurs-Clippers series, but there is a good chance even that series is 3-1 by tomorrow.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Injuries are really hurting the playoffs. NBA has always been a "star" league. As of now, here are the injuries, and some big names:

Kevin Love
John Wall
Pau Gasol (got hurt yesterday, day to day)
Kyrie Irving (sprained foot, will play but obviously limited)
Mike Conley
Chris Paul

Throwdown

Reaction score
Memphis is physically just beating the dog poop out the Warriors, awesome stuff to see honestly. I hate that finesse crap they play with in GS, the splash brothers a treat, but it's fun to see them struggle now when faced by a team who doesn't feel anyway about punching you in the mouth.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Throwdown":5oro2fur said:
Memphis is physically just beating the dog poop out the Warriors, awesome stuff to see honestly. I hate that finesse crap they play with in GS, the splash brothers a treat, but it's fun to see them struggle now when faced by a team who doesn't feel anyway about punching you in the mouth.

If the Seahawks were an NBA team, they would be the Grizzlies. Grizz love to slow the game down and grind it out, and unlike most teams, they actually play defense. I love the Grizz, especially the frontcourt of Randolph and Gasol. Got to appreciate Conley, he's playing really banged up.

I would love to see the Grizz advance and possibly even make the finals. A Bulls/Grizz finals wouldn't bring in huge ratings, but that series would be a slugfest. That would be like a 7 game series of Seahawks/49ers from a couple years ago.

knownone

Reaction score
Is anyone else struggling to pay attention to the playoffs this year? The games i've seen have all been great, but it's hard for me to care about WA vs ATL or GS vs MEM, hell even HOU vs LAC has very little meaning to me. I've always wanted the small market or non-traditional powers to succeed in the playoffs, but now that I have it, I don't care. Where are the evil empires? the Lakers, the Celtics, the Heat, the Spurs...

Seriously! if LeBron get's eliminated these playoffs we will have no villians to root against. It's hard to hate on Blake Griffin. Memphis is as blue collar as it gets. ATL???? who do they have Kyle Korver? The Warriors are coached by Steve Kerr nuff said. Pretty much the only guy to root against outside of LeBron is Paul Pierce, but I kind of like PP now :oops:

I don't know what to do. I love the playoffs but this year is just meh.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You could just do what I do. Refuse to admit the NBA even exists until the Supersonics are back in Seattle? It works for me...just sayin'.

Throwdown

Reaction score
knownone":2rh1x9in said:
Is anyone else struggling to pay attention to the playoffs this year? The games i've seen have all been great, but it's hard for me to care about WA vs ATL or GS vs MEM, hell even HOU vs LAC has very little meaning to me. I've always wanted the small market or non-traditional powers to succeed in the playoffs, but now that I have it, I don't care. Where are the evil empires? the Lakers, the Celtics, the Heat, the Spurs...

Seriously! if LeBron get's eliminated these playoffs we will have no villians to root against. It's hard to hate on Blake Griffin. Memphis is as blue collar as it gets. ATL???? who do they have Kyle Korver? The Warriors are coached by Steve Kerr nuff said. Pretty much the only guy to root against outside of LeBron is Paul Pierce, but I kind of like PP now :oops:

They're entertaining as hell! The top seeds are matched up with teams that could take them out right now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Love or hate LeBron it's hard not to watch any game he is playing in. The buzzer beater last night was fantastic. I've missed most of the playoffs but overall it looks like its entertaining as Throwdown has mentioned. I'll catch more in the next round for sure.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Last round was boring, a lot of sweeps and 5 game series. Just overall meh in that one, only one series where the lower seed won and that was the Memphis/Portland series (yeah I brought that up cuz I know it hurts a few). I still don't understand the hate for LeBron but whatevz I root for the guy, plus I don't see how anyone can not root for Kyrie Irving, dude can flat out ball.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
knownone":1uwtffgm said:

Hou vs Lac is very hard to watch because of all the "hack-a-shaq" going on in that series. Yesterday DeAndre Jordan shot 34 FT's .....who wants to see that? NBA will fix the rule soon, at least I hope they do. IMO the GS/MEM and the CLE/CHI series are terrific. A lot of star power in those games, and most of them have been competitive. The only series I don't care for is WAS/ATL because there are no stars (especially now that Wall is injured), and I don't see either team having a realistic shot at making the finals.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
The NBA needs to do something about the hack a Shaq rule. Fouling a guy the entire half to force him to shoot free throws just isn't what basketball was designed for. Get a better game plan and play ball. I had to turn that game off last night.

Either create that as an intentional foul off the ball and give two shots and the ball, or give the team the option of shooting the FTs or taking the ball out of bounds

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anyone else watch the Clippers blow a 19 point lead late in the 3rd quarter, to lose by 12. Outscored 40-15 in the 4th quarter.

Latest posts