Gary Payton suspended from Fox Sports

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES — Fox Sports 1 suspended 9-time NBA All-Star and former Seattle Sonics point guard Gary Payton from his position as a NBA analyst while police investigate a lawsuit alleging the former star assaulted a woman.

According to awfulannouncing.com, a lawsuit was filed claiming that Payton assaulted a woman three times in one evening during a January event. Payton denies the claim.

Payton was suspended from Fox Sports while an investigation into the case is ongoing, awfulannouncing.com reported. Fox Sports issued a statement to the popular sports media blog, saying that Payton was notified of their decision as soon as the company was made aware of the assault claim.

“Regardless of the circumstance, domestic violence is abhorrent and inexcusable and FOX takes these accusations very seriously,” the statement reads.

Payton played 13 years with the Sonics, and along with Shawn Kemp, led the team to the NBA Finals in 1996. He has worked with Fox Sports since 2013.

http://q13fox.com/2015/04/22/report-for ... llegation/

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1o9iipvm said:
I'll bet he didn't lay a glove on her.

Ladies and gentlemen. We have a winner. The internet is now over.

Please go back to your daily routines. Nothing to see here.

Please disperse.

[edit: but seriously, say it ain't so Gary!]

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
"We were just playing basketball and I accidentally hit her in the head with the ball. It wasn't my fault."

Latest posts