A-Rod Ties Willie Mays With 660th Home Run

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I don't have hate for ARod, so many players were roiding, pitchers included. Baseball writers are stupid though so it's all for not and he won't be in the HOF.

But 660 is impressive

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1pjvqrde said:
I don't have hate for ARod, so many players were roiding, pitchers included. Baseball writers are stupid though so it's all for not and he won't be in the HOF.

But 660 is impressive
Griffey was clean.

mbtitleist

Reaction score

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
mbtitleist":2ukmhqs7 said:
NJSeaHawk":2ukmhqs7 said:
NJSeaHawk":2ukmhqs7 said:

Hopefully, the Yankees will have to pay him :lol: :stirthepot: :179417:

It looks like they don't plan on paying it.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...alex-rodriguez-6-million-bonus-660th-home-run

Really stupid move by the Yankees. Should not have signed that contract...

Just pay the man.

scifly

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":yhdgtwdi said:
A-Roid doesn't deserve to have his name mentioned in the same breath as the GREAT Willie Mays.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanHirsch/status/594319938292228096[/tweet]

scifly

Reaction score
“It is the sole discretion of the New York Yankees to determine whether each of these milestones is commercially marketable as the home run chase.The Yankees have the right, but not the obligation, to determine whether it’s a commercially marketable milestone.”

Last I've checked, the Yankees are still selling A-rod shirts and merchandise. They also sell infield rakes and dirt. Fk em.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
scifly":1nucv63v said:
hawksfansinceday1":1nucv63v said:
A-Roid doesn't deserve to have his name mentioned in the same breath as the GREAT Willie Mays.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanHirsch/status/594319938292228096[/tweet]
I'll give this to you IF you post some sort of proof that Willie and Hank used amphetamines. Maybe I'm doing the hide my head in the sand thing here but I've never read anything that states either used "enhancers". Doesn't mean they didn't of course.
Furthermore, A-Roid couldn't carry Willie's glove. Mays was one of the greatest defensive CFs ever, maybe the greatest.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
When I was a kid growing up in Da Bronx, we had Willie, Duke, and Mickey patrolling the center fields of New York. I watched all of them play live and on TV. I've also have watched ARod play live and on TV.

IMHO: ARod may have some better numbers, but was an inferior hitter. Why, you ask? Mays, Snider, and Mantle, were all 'gamers.' When the chips are down and you need a big play to win or turn a game, I'd take any of the NYC three over ARod.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":24i3dety said:
When I was a kid growing up in Da Bronx, we had Willie, Duke, and Mickey patrolling the center fields of New York. I watched all of them play live and on TV. I've also have watched ARod play live and on TV.

IMHO: ARod may have some better numbers, but was an inferior hitter. Why, you ask? Mays, Snider, and Mantle, were all 'gamers.' When the chips are down and you need a big play to win or turn a game, I'd take any of the NYC three over ARod.
That had to be an awesome time to be in New York.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3q8wh2j5 said:
LymonHawk":3q8wh2j5 said:

That had to be an awesome time to be in New York.

As a kid who's Dad was a sports guy, it was a great time. My Dad was a coach at the Bronx Union YMCA and could get me lots of free tickets...and used sports equipment.

The sports companies, Wilson, Spaulding, etc., all had boxes at the major stadiums and would give out tickets to youth groups, etc. As a youth, I once walked over to a daytime doubleheader between the Giants & Dodgers at The Polo Grounds, then walked over to Yankee Stadium to catch a Yankee night game, and then walked home. You could walk around Da Bronx in those days...just had to be careful about which neighborhood you walked through.

We played all the major sports except maybe hockey. From season to season, baseball (or punchball, or softball), to hoops, to football. Throw in boxing and bowling for good measure. Note: I wasn't allowed to play ball for my high school because I had bowled in 'money leagues' and in those days, was considered a semi-professional athlete...yup, they were that tight about it.

The entire sports experience as a kid instilled in me my great love of competition...either playing or watching.

Yes, it was a great place to be kid.

Latest posts