Boxing fans... Gennady Golovkin?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
What do you think of this cat? I enjoy watching boxing but i'm certainly no technical expert or anything like that. Just the way he stalks his opponents and delivers crippling body shots he's kind of Tysonish. 32-0 with 29 knock outs. 19 straight fights ending in knockouts. Too bad he's not American born, he might be the next big thing.

[youtube]TnfUExzL79g[/youtube]

Tical21

Reaction score
He's working really hard to try to become a star in this country.

He looks to have something special and is certainly fun to watch. A ton of power in that little frame. I've seen his last 3-4 fights and he has just completely overwhelmed his opponents. Could be quite an attraction as he starts taking on fighters we've heard of before. He's the kind of guy that could get people talking about boxing.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":1uh9ey8m said:
He's working really hard to try to become a star in this country.

He looks to have something special and is certainly fun to watch. A ton of power in that little frame. I've seen his last 3-4 fights and he has just completely overwhelmed his opponents. Could be quite an attraction as he starts taking on fighters we've heard of before. He's the kind of guy that could get people talking about boxing.

Looks like he and mayweather are about 12 pounds apart. Any chance of that fight ever happening?

Tical21

Reaction score
No chance Mayweather gains weight at this point in his career to fight GGG and risk losing.

Tical21

Reaction score
Looked pretty good last night. He played around a little too much, but finished very nicely. Called out Cotto and Alvarez after the fight. 33-0 now. People aren't going to be able to duck him much longer.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I just watched his last fight on the interwebz from a couple of weeks ago, he looks real good

Tical21

Reaction score
He's just too old. He's starting to slow down already.

pehawk

Reaction score
The only hope to beat GGG is/was Ward. But that dude makes me look sane.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I didn't watch the fight, but if you have on demand, check out the Thurman vs Porter fight from earlier this summer. Hands down one of the most exciting fights I've ever seen.