Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 10:20 am

Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 11:36 am
  • Yeah right... Tacoma Dome just got a renovation.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 20664
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 1:14 pm
  • Thought about this a few weeks ago, the Tacodome might be a suitable TEMPORARY home for the NHL/NBA home until a new arena gets built.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23832
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 1:52 pm
  • I don't even think the NBDL would be down with the Tacoma Dome.

    KeyArena is a great temporary home with some upgrades, Tacoma Dome would need an entirely new blueprint to even be temporary.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 20664
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 2:07 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I don't even think the NBDL would be down with the Tacoma Dome.

    KeyArena is a great temporary home with some upgrades, Tacoma Dome would need an entirely new blueprint to even be temporary.

    For basketball yes, hockey no.
    I saw many T-birds hockey games there when they played there, one end has obstructed sight lines with the rink configuration. Ackerley (former sonics owner) did that on purpose because he didn't want competition from a potential future NHL team.

    I've heard rumors that the NHL would be willing to put up with key arena for a year or 2, but then I've heard rumors lately that they don't want to deal with Key Arena and its problems configurationwise. I don't know what to believe.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23832
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 3:09 pm
  • Sonics played in Tacoma for a season or two, the Dome also had a Hockey team there for many years so it is functional just not ideal.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 3:43 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Sonics played in Tacoma for a season or two, the Dome also had a Hockey team there for many years so it is functional just not ideal.

    Yep, saw a Sonics/Jazz game there. Also the there was a minor league hockey team that played there, Tacoma Rockets are something like that.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23832
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 4:52 pm
  • Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3278
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 5:41 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.



    True Clay, just move them to Oklahoma .
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 6:45 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.



    True Clay, just move them to Oklahoma .


    All you gotta do is look at the inside compared to low end arenas in the NHL & NBA, Tacoma dome shouldn't even be spoken in the same breath as those.

    It isn't 94, teams need these venues for money making as well, the dome doesn't offer that.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 20664
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 7:51 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.


    Is that why the Sonics played there for almost two years?

    We had Tacoma Rockets WHL tickets for years, it's an OK place for hockey...........and if you're purely comparing facilities for which is a better temporary hockey arena considering sight lines, configuration, seat capacity, parking and ease of getting in and out of for teams.........then Tacoma probably offers more than Key Arena, which the NHL has already says is not a good hockey arena.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 7:55 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.


    Is that why the Sonics played there for almost two years?

    We had Tacoma Rockets WHL tickets for years, it's an OK place for hockey...........and if you're purely comparing facilities for which is a better temporary hockey arena considering sight lines, configuration, seat capacity, parking and ease of getting in and out of for teams.........then Tacoma probably offers more than Key Arena, which the NHL has already says is not a good hockey arena.


    Sonics played there in 94, 21 years ago, things change.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 20664
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 8:04 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.


    Is that why the Sonics played there for almost two years?

    We had Tacoma Rockets WHL tickets for years, it's an OK place for hockey...........and if you're purely comparing facilities for which is a better temporary hockey arena considering sight lines, configuration, seat capacity, parking and ease of getting in and out of for teams.........then Tacoma probably offers more than Key Arena, which the NHL has already says is not a good hockey arena.


    Sonics played there in 94, 21 years ago, things change.


    Unfortunately neither arena has changed. So the points are still valid.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 am
  • KeyArena is way more modern than the Tacoma Dome, Tacoma dome would be a low end in South Dakota. Is that really hard to see?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 20664
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 8:30 am
  • Your missing the point, TEMPERARY facility, it would work.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 am
  • Throwdown wrote:KeyArena is way more modern than the Tacoma Dome, Tacoma dome would be a low end in South Dakota. Is that really hard to see?


    It is, cause I've been in both many times over the past 10 years..........and NEITHER is a great facility. But the T-Dome pure facility wise and practicality for the league wise would make sense.

    It's why we lost our team dude, and why no pro team will come here without a new arena............. so not sure why you're defending an awful outdated Key Arena.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.


    Is that why the Sonics played there for almost two years?

    We had Tacoma Rockets WHL tickets for years, it's an OK place for hockey...........and if you're purely comparing facilities for which is a better temporary hockey arena considering sight lines, configuration, seat capacity, parking and ease of getting in and out of for teams.........then Tacoma probably offers more than Key Arena, which the NHL has already says is not a good hockey arena.


    Sonics played there in 94, 21 years ago, things change.

    This. Quite a bit has changed in the last 21 years.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3278
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 9:01 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.


    Is that why the Sonics played there for almost two years?

    We had Tacoma Rockets WHL tickets for years, it's an OK place for hockey...........and if you're purely comparing facilities for which is a better temporary hockey arena considering sight lines, configuration, seat capacity, parking and ease of getting in and out of for teams.........then Tacoma probably offers more than Key Arena, which the NHL has already says is not a good hockey arena.


    Sonics played there in 94, 21 years ago, things change.

    This. Quite a bit has changed in the last 21 years.


    Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

    The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 12:41 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

    The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.

    I guess I missed the part where I defended Key Arena, please that out to me, thanks.

    And if you think the Tacoma Dome compares favorably to Key Arena, well then...I'm not sure there's anything else to say
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3278
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 1:41 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

    The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.

    I guess I missed the part where I defended Key Arena, please that out to me, thanks.

    And if you think the Tacoma Dome compares favorably to Key Arena, well then...I'm not sure there's anything else to say


    The part where you said;

    This. Quite a bit has changed in the last 21 years.


    Then went on to list absolutely nothing that's changed or backs up your opinion. So yes, we have nothing else to say.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13609
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 pm
  • Ya...the Sonics played there back in 1994-95 season. I went to a playoff game against the Lakers there. If I recall correctly, the sight lines from some of the seats were awful.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7298
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Mon May 18, 2015 7:20 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

    The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.

    I guess I missed the part where I defended Key Arena, please that out to me, thanks.

    And if you think the Tacoma Dome compares favorably to Key Arena, well then...I'm not sure there's anything else to say


    The part where you said;

    This. Quite a bit has changed in the last 21 years.


    Then went on to list absolutely nothing that's changed or backs up your opinion. So yes, we have nothing else to say.

    So me saying quite a bit has changed in 21 years means that I defended Key Arena? That's a strrrrrrreeeeeeettttttttccccchhhhhh even for you largent.


    Key Arena is a dump and should be torn down. But as bad as it is, it's so much better than the tacoma dome. Uh oh, I just called key arena a dump, but according to you that equals defending
    Last edited by chris98251 on Mon May 18, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Edited for content not allowed by forum standards.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3278
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Thu May 28, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Thu May 28, 2015 8:48 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

    The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.

    I guess I missed the part where I defended Key Arena, please that out to me, thanks.

    And if you think the Tacoma Dome compares favorably to Key Arena, well then...I'm not sure there's anything else to say


    The part where you said;

    This. Quite a bit has changed in the last 21 years.


    Then went on to list absolutely nothing that's changed or backs up your opinion. So yes, we have nothing else to say.



    Dude, you are completely reaching for an argument here. For as bad as the Key is, the Tacoma Dome is 100x worse. And add in the awful location of Tacoma on top of it, and it makes absolutely no sense.

    Where the Sonics played 20+ years ago on a temporary basis has absolutely no merit.
    Image
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    User avatar
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 915
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm
    Location: 509


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Thu May 28, 2015 12:23 pm
  • So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Thu May 28, 2015 12:45 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?


    This is nothing more than a false choice. This question has no relevance to the discussion at hand.
    Image
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    User avatar
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 915
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm
    Location: 509


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Thu May 28, 2015 1:54 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?


    Of course not, we actually have beaches.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 20664
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Thu May 28, 2015 7:13 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?


    The only thing worse than Oklahoma City is the rest of Oklahoma state. :snack:

    Ooops, back on topic... go Sonics.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1648
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Thu May 28, 2015 9:11 pm
  • Seahawks1983 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?


    This is nothing more than a false choice. This question has no relevance to the discussion at hand.



    Sure it does, the bitching about this is what created the open door for the Sonics to leave to begin with.

    Think about it, this is a bitchfest about a temporary location that will lose money and not have optimal viewing or seating environment, it is why it is called temporary. If it was a permanent location that met all those standards the Sonics would still be here.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Fri May 29, 2015 7:27 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Seahawks1983 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?


    This is nothing more than a false choice. This question has no relevance to the discussion at hand.



    Sure it does, the bitching about this is what created the open door for the Sonics to leave to begin with.

    Think about it, this is a bitchfest about a temporary location that will lose money and not have optimal viewing or seating environment, it is why it is called temporary. If it was a permanent location that met all those standards the Sonics would still be here.


    Image
    Image
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    User avatar
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 915
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm
    Location: 509




It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests