Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 10:20 am

Re: Tacoma Dome for an NHL and NBA team?
Sun May 17, 2015 11:36 am
  • Yeah right... Tacoma Dome just got a renovation.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 17, 2015 1:14 pm
  • Thought about this a few weeks ago, the Tacodome might be a suitable TEMPORARY home for the NHL/NBA home until a new arena gets built.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun May 17, 2015 1:52 pm
  • I don't even think the NBDL would be down with the Tacoma Dome.

KeyArena is a great temporary home with some upgrades, Tacoma Dome would need an entirely new blueprint to even be temporary.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 17, 2015 2:07 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I don't even think the NBDL would be down with the Tacoma Dome.

KeyArena is a great temporary home with some upgrades, Tacoma Dome would need an entirely new blueprint to even be temporary.

For basketball yes, hockey no.
    I saw many T-birds hockey games there when they played there, one end has obstructed sight lines with the rink configuration. Ackerley (former sonics owner) did that on purpose because he didn't want competition from a potential future NHL team.

I've heard rumors that the NHL would be willing to put up with key arena for a year or 2, but then I've heard rumors lately that they don't want to deal with Key Arena and its problems configurationwise. I don't know what to believe.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun May 17, 2015 3:09 pm
  • Sonics played in Tacoma for a season or two, the Dome also had a Hockey team there for many years so it is functional just not ideal.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun May 17, 2015 3:43 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Sonics played in Tacoma for a season or two, the Dome also had a Hockey team there for many years so it is functional just not ideal.

Yep, saw a Sonics/Jazz game there. Also the there was a minor league hockey team that played there, Tacoma Rockets are something like that.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun May 17, 2015 4:52 pm
  • Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.
    GREEDY PUNK PAUL ALLEN, THIS LOSS IS ON YOU.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    SalishHawkFan SEP 13, 2015 1:47 PM
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 5:41 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.

True Clay, just move them to Oklahoma .

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun May 17, 2015 6:45 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.

True Clay, just move them to Oklahoma .

All you gotta do is look at the inside compared to low end arenas in the NHL & NBA, Tacoma dome shouldn't even be spoken in the same breath as those.

It isn't 94, teams need these venues for money making as well, the dome doesn't offer that.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 18, 2015 7:51 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.

Is that why the Sonics played there for almost two years?

We had Tacoma Rockets WHL tickets for years, it's an OK place for hockey...........and if you're purely comparing facilities for which is a better temporary hockey arena considering sight lines, configuration, seat capacity, parking and ease of getting in and out of for teams.........then Tacoma probably offers more than Key Arena, which the NHL has already says is not a good hockey arena.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 18, 2015 7:55 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Tacoma Dome has nothing to offer any professional franchise. Not even as a temporary location.

We had Tacoma Rockets WHL tickets for years, it's an OK place for hockey...........and if you're purely comparing facilities for which is a better temporary hockey arena considering sight lines, configuration, seat capacity, parking and ease of getting in and out of for teams.........then Tacoma probably offers more than Key Arena, which the NHL has already says is not a good hockey arena.

Sonics played there in 94, 21 years ago, things change.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 18, 2015 8:04 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Unfortunately neither arena has changed. So the points are still valid.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 am
  • KeyArena is way more modern than the Tacoma Dome, Tacoma dome would be a low end in South Dakota. Is that really hard to see?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 18, 2015 8:30 am
  • Your missing the point, TEMPERARY facility, it would work.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 am
  • Throwdown wrote:KeyArena is way more modern than the Tacoma Dome, Tacoma dome would be a low end in South Dakota. Is that really hard to see?

It is, cause I've been in both many times over the past 10 years..........and NEITHER is a great facility. But the T-Dome pure facility wise and practicality for the league wise would make sense.

It's why we lost our team dude, and why no pro team will come here without a new arena............. so not sure why you're defending an awful outdated Key Arena.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

This. Quite a bit has changed in the last 21 years.
    "I don't give a crap WHAT you gotta pay, Kam is worth it and I don't want to lose a shot at another SB cuz you - a freaking BILLIONAIRE, are cheapskating Kam over a freaking $900,000.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon May 18, 2015 9:01 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 18, 2015 12:41 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Like what? All those awesome renovations to Key Arena to attract pro sports teams? Or all the traffic infrastructure changes in and around Key Arena? Or tons more parking? Or is it the horrible cargo bay into Key Arena, which is why 50% of the big concerts and events are at the Tacoma Dome.

The T-Dome is not ideal, but to defend Key Arena makes no sense to me. It's a terrible facility for just about everything.

I guess I missed the part where I defended Key Arena, please that out to me, thanks.

And if you think the Tacoma Dome compares favorably to Key Arena, well then...I'm not sure there's anything else to say
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Mon May 18, 2015 1:41 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I guess I missed the part where I defended Key Arena, please that out to me, thanks.

And if you think the Tacoma Dome compares favorably to Key Arena, well then...I'm not sure there's anything else to say

The part where you said;

Then went on to list absolutely nothing that's changed or backs up your opinion. So yes, we have nothing else to say.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 pm
  • Ya...the Sonics played there back in 1994-95 season. I went to a playoff game against the Lakers there. If I recall correctly, the sight lines from some of the seats were awful.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon May 18, 2015 7:20 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

The part where you said;

Then went on to list absolutely nothing that's changed or backs up your opinion. So yes, we have nothing else to say.

So me saying quite a bit has changed in 21 years means that I defended Key Arena? That's a strrrrrrreeeeeeettttttttccccchhhhhh even for you largent.

Key Arena is a dump and should be torn down. But as bad as it is, it's so much better than the tacoma dome. Uh oh, I just called key arena a dump, but according to you that equals defending
    Last edited by chris98251 on Mon May 18, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Edited for content not allowed by forum standards.
    You cheapskate."
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu May 28, 2015 8:45 am

Thu May 28, 2015 8:48 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

The part where you said;

Dude, you are completely reaching for an argument here. For as bad as the Key is, the Tacoma Dome is 100x worse. And add in the awful location of Tacoma on top of it, and it makes absolutely no sense.

Where the Sonics played 20+ years ago on a temporary basis has absolutely no merit.
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

Thu May 28, 2015 12:23 pm
  • So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu May 28, 2015 12:45 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?

This is nothing more than a false choice. This question has no relevance to the discussion at hand.
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

Thu May 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Of course not, we actually have beaches.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu May 28, 2015 7:13 pm

The only thing worse than Oklahoma City is the rest of Oklahoma state. :snack:

Ooops, back on topic... go Sonics.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Thu May 28, 2015 9:11 pm
  • Seahawks1983 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?

This is nothing more than a false choice. This question has no relevance to the discussion at hand.

Sure it does, the bitching about this is what created the open door for the Sonics to leave to begin with.

Think about it, this is a bitchfest about a temporary location that will lose money and not have optimal viewing or seating environment, it is why it is called temporary. If it was a permanent location that met all those standards the Sonics would still be here.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 29, 2015 7:27 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Seahawks1983 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:So Tacoma is worse then Oklahoma City?

Sure it does, the bitching about this is what created the open door for the Sonics to leave to begin with.

Think about it, this is a bitchfest about a temporary location that will lose money and not have optimal viewing or seating environment, it is why it is called temporary. If it was a permanent location that met all those standards the Sonics would still be here.

Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information