Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NBA playoffs vs Stanley Cup playoffs

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
NBA playoffs vs Stanley Cup playoffs
Sun May 24, 2015 1:46 pm
  • Just curious about which one do you guys think has been the most fun, exciting, drama filled and entertaining playoffs so far?

I'd say that it is easily the NHL playoffs. Never a dull moment during the Stanley Cup playoffs so far.
    RApollos
    NET Practice Squad

Re: NBA playoffs vs Stanley Cup playoffs
Sun May 24, 2015 4:08 pm
  • NHL and it is not even close. NBA playoffs have been horrible outside of the Clippers/Spurs series and a few of the Bulls/Cavs games.

The NBA conference finals have been some of the worst basketball I've ever seen.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun May 24, 2015 4:41 pm
  • I don't watch hockey so... I can't really have an opinion
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 25, 2015 9:36 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:NHL and it is not even close. NBA playoffs have been horrible outside of the Clippers/Spurs series and a few of the Bulls/Cavs games.

The NBA conference finals have been some of the worst basketball I've ever seen.

The two league's conference finals alone show this. The NBA one's are almost guaranteed sweeps, while Tampa-New York is 3-2 and Chicago-Anaheim is 2-2.
    RApollos
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:48 am
  • First, it's just fun when both leagues' finals are on alternating nights.

NHL is awesome how anything can happen at any time and each goal becomes a game-changer. It was CRAZY yesterday when Chicago tied things up late in the 3rd with some beautiful teamwork and passing, only to have Tampa take advantage of a sleepy 4th line and score the game winner just 13 seconds later. I have no vested interest in the teams this year, so that dampens the fervor some, but it's still fun to watch. Also, much better if you can find a CBC feed. Their Canadians are just better than NBC's Canadians. ;)

I have no real ties to the NBA finals either, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors win after Kerr came to Seahawks camp to get some pointers from Pete. It's almost like Carroll's coaching tree reaching back across sports. He got so much inspiration from John Wooden, whose books drove Pete toward NCAA and NFL championships, there would be a nice symmetry to him giving back in a sense and influencing a basketball coach toward a championship.

But if LeBron can will his Cavs to the title, that would be a great story too. I'd be happy for the people of Cleveland to finally have a banner in the rafters.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:13 pm
  • NBA Finals have been terrific, but the Stanley Cup playoffs never disappoint .. the Conference Finals were insane and the Cup Final is shaping up to be a classic as well.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:04 pm
  • Both have been good. NBA Finals have been pretty amazing. Stanley Cup is always exciting, so no surprise there. I'm just glad they're on alternating days.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:14 pm
  • NBA Playoffs. Basketball is just more exciting to me.
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:19 pm
  • Neither at this point women's World Cup soccer may be better. It's embarrassing.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:34 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:Neither at this point women's World Cup soccer may be better. It's embarrassing.

I concur. I would rather watch the women's World Cup soccer.
    jawilljr
    NET Rookie

Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:43 pm
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:Neither at this point women's World Cup soccer may be better. It's embarrassing.

Really? I turned the game on today and it looked like there were maybe like 1000 fans at the stadium.

I'd watch the NBA Finals or Stanley Cup over women's soccer any day, even if it is world cup.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:16 pm
  • Women's soccer. Versus the NBA Finals. Do I have to repeat that?
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:46 pm
  • S.C. playoffs are usually the best in all of sports, this year is no different.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:37 am
  • Largent80 wrote:S.C. playoffs are usually the best in all of sports, this year is no different.

its been a great final...

as a Rangers fan, its depressing to think what a final Chicago-NY would have been though
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information