NBA playoffs vs Stanley Cup playoffs

RApollos

Reaction score
Just curious about which one do you guys think has been the most fun, exciting, drama filled and entertaining playoffs so far?

I'd say that it is easily the NHL playoffs. Never a dull moment during the Stanley Cup playoffs so far.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
NHL and it is not even close. NBA playoffs have been horrible outside of the Clippers/Spurs series and a few of the Bulls/Cavs games.

The NBA conference finals have been some of the worst basketball I've ever seen.

OP
OP
RApollos

RApollos

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":345gfiq5 said:
NHL and it is not even close. NBA playoffs have been horrible outside of the Clippers/Spurs series and a few of the Bulls/Cavs games.

The NBA conference finals have been some of the worst basketball I've ever seen.

The two league's conference finals alone show this. The NBA one's are almost guaranteed sweeps, while Tampa-New York is 3-2 and Chicago-Anaheim is 2-2.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
First, it's just fun when both leagues' finals are on alternating nights.

NHL is awesome how anything can happen at any time and each goal becomes a game-changer. It was CRAZY yesterday when Chicago tied things up late in the 3rd with some beautiful teamwork and passing, only to have Tampa take advantage of a sleepy 4th line and score the game winner just 13 seconds later. I have no vested interest in the teams this year, so that dampens the fervor some, but it's still fun to watch. Also, much better if you can find a CBC feed. Their Canadians are just better than NBC's Canadians. ;)

I have no real ties to the NBA finals either, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors win after Kerr came to Seahawks camp to get some pointers from Pete. It's almost like Carroll's coaching tree reaching back across sports. He got so much inspiration from John Wooden, whose books drove Pete toward NCAA and NFL championships, there would be a nice symmetry to him giving back in a sense and influencing a basketball coach toward a championship.

But if LeBron can will his Cavs to the title, that would be a great story too. I'd be happy for the people of Cleveland to finally have a banner in the rafters.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NBA Finals have been terrific, but the Stanley Cup playoffs never disappoint .. the Conference Finals were insane and the Cup Final is shaping up to be a classic as well.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Both have been good. NBA Finals have been pretty amazing. Stanley Cup is always exciting, so no surprise there. I'm just glad they're on alternating days.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
NBA Playoffs. Basketball is just more exciting to me.

jawilljr

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2m6m7zjl said:
Neither at this point women's World Cup soccer may be better. It's embarrassing.

I concur. I would rather watch the women's World Cup soccer.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":8euu49z3 said:
Neither at this point women's World Cup soccer may be better. It's embarrassing.

Really? I turned the game on today and it looked like there were maybe like 1000 fans at the stadium.

I'd watch the NBA Finals or Stanley Cup over women's soccer any day, even if it is world cup.

Tical21

Reaction score
Women's soccer. Versus the NBA Finals. Do I have to repeat that?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":397ddp99 said:
S.C. playoffs are usually the best in all of sports, this year is no different.

its been a great final...

as a Rangers fan, its depressing to think what a final Chicago-NY would have been though

Latest posts