FIFA Corruption

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
No Way! Fifa...CORRUPT??

Tis' a bold faced lie, my friend!

P.S. Brazil thanks FIFA for its 8+ brand new stadiums that are abandone, empty. and wilting away as we speak

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sarcasm aside.....

Well. I've got nothing really. The US has finally gotten involved. Interesting to see to what extent. Are the arrests sacrificial (as some are suggesting), a power play by the US to get more sway in future FIFA biddings, or a true to life aenema?

The world just may become privvy to the powers of a pissed off US legal system. If FIFA escapes this without major uphevel (including the re-allotment of the 2022 World Cup) than they truly are untouchable.

Edit: appears this started a few years ago when a US official turned over and started providing info to federal authorities.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3r248vzg said:
Sarcasm aside.....

Well. I've got nothing really. The US has finally gotten involved. Interesting to see to what extent. Are the arrests sacrificial (as some are suggesting), a power play by the US to get more sway in future FIFA biddings, or a true to life aenema

I'd say since Blatter himself didn't get arrested, that yes these are sacrificial officials. We can only hope at least a couple of them are pressured to roll over on him............because they can investigate and arrest all they want, if Blatter and the other FIFA cloak and dagger tyrants aren't exposed and removed from the corrupt pyramid scheme that is FIFA, nothing's going to change.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uproxx did a pretty good cliff notes version of what's going on.

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/05/fifa-a ... blatter/2/

Seems like the DOJ is specifically targeting the people directly involved in prior CONCACAF Gold Cup and Copa tournaments, and not so much Blatter and future World Cup sites.

Either way, I support ANY part of FIFA being exposed and dragged through the mud.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Just kick the rotten structure and the entire thing will come tumbling down...(Some German Bloke said that)
It will take some time but conceivably FIFA will be completely restructured with checks /balances oversight etc.

I'm thinking "USA '22" should be getting better odds as each day goes by.

It will be a few years before FIFA can sort its shit out.
Qatar will lose 2022 (should never have had it in the first place)
Russia will probably be left "as is" due to the progression of plans etc.
USA is ready to handle a World Cup "out of the box" (so to speak)
Soccer is in the ascendency in the USA and it may become the biggest market in the World.

Hopefully the USA comes out smelling of roses and there isn't some anti colony backlash coming.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EndaConway/status/603512967058034689[/tweet]

Seabhac

Reaction score
UEFA has weighed in - Its on!

UEFA Statement
Today's events are a disaster for FIFA and tarnish the image of football as a whole.
UEFA is deeply shocked and saddened by them.

These events show, once again, that corruption is deeply rooted in FIFA's culture.
There is a need for the whole of FIFA to be "rebooted" and for a real reform to be carried out.

The upcoming FIFA Congress risks to turn into a farce and therefore the European associations will have to consider carefully if they should even attend this Congress and caution a system, which, if it is not stopped, will ultimately kill football.

The UEFA member associations are meeting tomorrow ahead of the FIFA Congress. At that point, the European associations will decide on what further steps need to be taken to protect the game of football.

In the meantime, the members of the UEFA Executive Committee are convinced that there is a strong need for a change to the leadership of this FIFA and strongly believe that the FIFA Congress should be postponed, with new FIFA presidential elections to be organised within the next six months.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Two separate investigations..

The US are investigating bribes taking place using US banks in an effort to profit from the growing interest of the sport here (USA! USA!)

Swiss authorities investigating the world cup bids to Russia and Qatar...

As Seabh is saying, if the national organizations begin turning on FIFA it will result in a restructure.

The time is now. In honesty if it doesn't happen now it never will

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
UEFA are just as bad. How they managed to read out that statement without laughing amazes me.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":334zcnif said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks of this guy whenever I see Sepp Blatter:

[youtube]kwC_IaY3BmY[/youtube]

I see the resemblance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maulbert":icj36j4n said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks of this guy whenever I see Sepp Blatter:

[youtube]kwC_IaY3BmY[/youtube]

LOL, bingo.

Blatter to me is a straight up mafia don, and the investigation of FIFA reports read up like something out of the Sopranos. Seeing the DOJ flow charts showing all the bribe money flowing back and forth is just flat out embarrassing for a sport I love.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
To be clear...this is more CONCACAF than FIFA....big fish still swimming

But the microscope into how things are done within the massive parameters of its organization.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3isqr2n8 said:
UEFA now making noise about the possibility of leaving FIFA if Blatter is re-elected.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... ali-grows/

All I can say is I really hope this comes true. Losing European participation in the World Cup would kill FIFA's cash cow and be the death knell for that organization.

Don't forget the Champion's League as well, another monster cash cow.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ava6bq2 said:
SeatownJay":3ava6bq2 said:
UEFA now making noise about the possibility of leaving FIFA if Blatter is re-elected.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... ali-grows/

All I can say is I really hope this comes true. Losing European participation in the World Cup would kill FIFA's cash cow and be the death knell for that organization.

Don't forget the Champion's League as well, another monster cash cow.
If UEFA leave FIFA, then they get to keep all the money from the Champion's League.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Make no mistake - the events that are unfolding and that will continue to unfold in the coming months/years are going to shape Football for the rest of our lives.

Many "what ifs" here.

What if the top 50 Footballing nations were to form their own Association?
What if the Nations were divided into tiers based on factors such as leagues / popularity / Revenue etc.
Countries with Professional Leagues get priority ?
Average attendance factors in?

To me - the countries with top leagues should be driving football. Nations such as the Faroe Islands, Lichtenstein and San Moreno (and FFS QATAR) shoud not have the same voting power as England, Italy or Spain.

World Cup in Qatar is a DUMB idea. It makes as much sense as having a Superbowl in Mumbai in July.
Or letting Morocco host the Winter Olympics.

Latest posts