Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Mariners on TV in Vancouver/Portland - without Root Sports?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • My son is going to be playing Tee ball this year. I thought it would be fun to watch a game or two with him. I don't have cable or dish. I was wondering if they play the games on local TV around here. Figured one of you might know.
    Doug Baldwin took a hit to the head when he was younger and now can't remember how to drop a football. - SomersetHawk
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• As far as I know root is the only place they show them. I've never seen them anywhere else.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:As far as I know root is the only place they show them. I've never seen them anywhere else.

Not since the days of KSTW.....
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

• I'm not a Mariners fan, but I can tell you that Root owns the broadcast rights for the Mariners. I live in Alaska, so you'd think that when Root sports was blocked due to an issue with the local cable company, that people here would have been able to just watch when they were on MLB network, but that wasn't the case. The "local" rights for the Mariners is far reaching. About the only way to catch a game or two is if they are a national game being broadcast through another network such as FOX or something, but that will be few and far between.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:I'm not a Mariners fan, but I can tell you that Root owns the broadcast rights for the Mariners. I live in Alaska, so you'd think that when Root sports was blocked due to an issue with the local cable company, that people here would have been able to just watch when they were on MLB network, but that wasn't the case. The "local" rights for the Mariners is far reaching. About the only way to catch a game or two is if they are a national game being broadcast through another network such as FOX or something, but that will be few and far between.

Speaking of national TV, when was the last time the Mariners were on the ESPN Sunday night game of the week? It has been at least 10 years, right?
    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:I'm not a Mariners fan, but I can tell you that Root owns the broadcast rights for the Mariners. I live in Alaska, so you'd think that when Root sports was blocked due to an issue with the local cable company, that people here would have been able to just watch when they were on MLB network, but that wasn't the case. The "local" rights for the Mariners is far reaching. About the only way to catch a game or two is if they are a national game being broadcast through another network such as FOX or something, but that will be few and far between.

Correct. Root is basically the mariners network. If the Mariners make the playoffs though they would be on national TV.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Seahawks1983 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I'm not a Mariners fan, but I can tell you that Root owns the broadcast rights for the Mariners. I live in Alaska, so you'd think that when Root sports was blocked due to an issue with the local cable company, that people here would have been able to just watch when they were on MLB network, but that wasn't the case. The "local" rights for the Mariners is far reaching. About the only way to catch a game or two is if they are a national game being broadcast through another network such as FOX or something, but that will be few and far between.

Speaking of national TV, when was the last time the Mariners were on the ESPN Sunday night game of the week? It has been at least 10 years, right?

I'm sure they have but they have been few and far between. I don't blame the national networks though because the M's have been pretty much crap and boring most of the past 10 years. Hopefully that is changing.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information