Mariners on TV in Vancouver/Portland - without Root Sports?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
My son is going to be playing Tee ball this year. I thought it would be fun to watch a game or two with him. I don't have cable or dish. I was wondering if they play the games on local TV around here. Figured one of you might know.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
JSeahawks":op78gunb said:
As far as I know root is the only place they show them. I've never seen them anywhere else.

Not since the days of KSTW.....

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm not a Mariners fan, but I can tell you that Root owns the broadcast rights for the Mariners. I live in Alaska, so you'd think that when Root sports was blocked due to an issue with the local cable company, that people here would have been able to just watch when they were on MLB network, but that wasn't the case. The "local" rights for the Mariners is far reaching. About the only way to catch a game or two is if they are a national game being broadcast through another network such as FOX or something, but that will be few and far between.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
kidhawk":1jkdkq7e said:
I'm not a Mariners fan, but I can tell you that Root owns the broadcast rights for the Mariners. I live in Alaska, so you'd think that when Root sports was blocked due to an issue with the local cable company, that people here would have been able to just watch when they were on MLB network, but that wasn't the case. The "local" rights for the Mariners is far reaching. About the only way to catch a game or two is if they are a national game being broadcast through another network such as FOX or something, but that will be few and far between.

Speaking of national TV, when was the last time the Mariners were on the ESPN Sunday night game of the week? It has been at least 10 years, right?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":37h6sa5k said:
Correct. Root is basically the mariners network. If the Mariners make the playoffs though they would be on national TV.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":chuawoor said:
kidhawk":chuawoor said:

Speaking of national TV, when was the last time the Mariners were on the ESPN Sunday night game of the week? It has been at least 10 years, right?
I'm sure they have but they have been few and far between. I don't blame the national networks though because the M's have been pretty much crap and boring most of the past 10 years. Hopefully that is changing.

Latest posts