Fifa whistleblower says Qatar will be stripped of 2022 WC

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Phaedra Al-Majid says FIFA will be left with no option than to find new host
Miss Al-Majid worked for Qatar's 2022 bid team until early 2010
She is now under the protective custody of the FBI
Majid believes Blatter may now try to remove 2022 from Qatar as part of a radical reform agenda to win him praise ‘and save his skin'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...l-be-stripped-of-2022-world-cup-10302979.html

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":vtgktcez said:
Majid believes Blatter may now try to remove 2022 from Qatar as part of a radical reform agenda to win him praise ‘and save his skin'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...l-be-stripped-of-2022-world-cup-10302979.html

Blather resigned so I am not sure he has the pull to do anything at this time.

Maulbert

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2wh1j9uk said:
NJSeaHawk":2wh1j9uk said:

Blatter is staying on until they organize another election, estimated between Dec. 2015 and Mar. 2016.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Maulbert":3cnyutpp said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3cnyutpp said:
NJSeaHawk":3cnyutpp said:

Blatter is staying on until they organize another election, estimated between Dec. 2015 and Mar. 2016.

That is one helluva two weeks notice that he put in.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Why is Blatter not up on murder charges for what's happening in Qatar is what I wanna know....

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Looks like shit is about to go down in Qatar. All flights in are cancelled and talk of Egypt and Saudi Arabia invading due to Qatar supporting extremism in the region (laughing at the irony of the Saudi's).

What was plan B? Hope it's a US world cup. Seattle had the clink and husky stadium in the original bid.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":12q3xvfo said:
Looks like shit is about to go down in Qatar. All flights in are cancelled and talk of Egypt and Saudi Arabia invading due to Qatar supporting extremism in the region (laughing at the irony of the Saudi's).

What was plan B? Hope it's a US world cup. Seattle had the clink and husky stadium in the original bid.

Yeah, don't want to go into the politics of the situation.

FIFA has about 5 years left to fix this and I think they will find a way to get out of the Qatar 2022 world cup.

Chapow

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2831b54y said:

Both the Clink and Husky Stadium have field turf. Pretty sure they don't/won't play men's world cup games on any surface but grass. I remember it being a point of contention at the last women's world cup that they had to play on synthetic surfaces, but the men will only played on grass.