Now, lets not get our hopes up....

CPHawk

Reaction score
The nba has already shown they don't care if their is an actual deal in place for a stadium, they just want the appearance of one. Signed Kevin Johnson

drdiags

Reaction score
You got to think Las Vegas is first in line. If I am KC, I am kind of bummed. They already have an arena built don't they?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The folks at Sonicsrising seem to believe that it will pass. And either way, if they are close you know they will be given enough time to finalize a deal at the end of the day.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
If the NBA buyout the Bucks...it is obvious they are going to keep them in Milwaukee like they did with New Orleans. They have no intentions of moving that team. They will just sell it to a group from Wisconsin. If there isn't a group in place, they'll wait and wait until they find one before even the thought of relocation or selling the Bucks to Hansen. Yes we're screwed. Blame our politicians for giving Stern the middle fingers. The NBA hates Seattle and Im tired of them using us for leverage.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
leverage
leverage
leverage
leverage

...........and this is only the first round of "hey let's scare the crap out of the taxpayers and politicians with threats to move the Bucks to Seattle or Vegas."

Even if the Bucks don't get their 250 million, the league will step in, find another owner in the fall or winter and give that owner another shot at getting a new arena built in Milwaukee.

Bottom line for me, after following every Tweet for six months straight about the Kings I'm DONE following this leverage garbage.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Agreed, after the Kings fiasco of BS where Stern bullied owners into changing their votes so the team could stay in Sacramento, I'm not going to get excited until everything is wrapped up and a team is coming here.

Throwdown

Reaction score
You really think Milwaukee will get a 3rd chance? I expect them to pass the funding but if it doesn't happen that teams outta there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Throwdown":2nzmpgjz said:
You really think Milwaukee will get a 3rd chance? I expect them to pass the funding but if it doesn't happen that teams outta there.

It's what happened here if you remember. Schultz tried to get funding for improvements to Key Arena, and was shut down by our wonderful city and county councils.

Then Schultz sold to Bennett, and Bennett asked again for funding. Obviously he was disingenuous and unreasonable with what he was asking for (80-90% public funded improvements).........because he didn't give a crap about keeping the team here.

But the new ownership group was given a chance with Stern coming here to talk to out politicians about saving the Sonics with a new arena/big improvements to Key.

Same in Sacramento too right? Didn't the Maloofs try multiple times to get a new arena?

Throwdown

Reaction score
The maloofs tried to move once and it was to Anaheim, the Lakers and Clippers were having none of it. Plus market saturation shouldn't appeal to anyone with a brain.

Sacramento was willing and did what they did, they deserved to keep their team when they got their arena plan together.

If Silver wants to make his mark when it comes to arenas he needs to be tough, and I think if he's good at business he would. There's no benefit to being sentimental.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Not saying they're coming here, but they won't stay in Milwaukee

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If the Bucks wound up moving to Seattle, that'd be the absolute BEST scenario Seattle NBA fans could hope for. They have a lot of nice young talent already in place.. much better roster to inherit than the Kings would be.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
drdiags":2y928dwq said:
You got to think Las Vegas is first in line. If I am KC, I am kind of bummed. They already have an arena built don't they?
Yes, but the Sprint Center doesn't need any sports team though they'd go for any NHL or NBA team that was serious about it.

Latest posts