1090 The Fan Fires Steve Sandmeyer & Goes Fully Syndicated

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not saying the guy was the best but he was another local option. I thought they should have expanded their local coverage/hosts if anything.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That sucks, I actually really enjoyed his show. One of the few shows that can actually talk baseball and know what they are talking about.

710 should pick up Sandmeyer and get rid of that Justin and Gee show, that show is horrible. They're your typical annoying radio voices.

Tical21

Reaction score
LOL at Sandmeyer knowing anything about baseball.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sandmeyer can't be worse than what KjR continues to roll out from 10-1 everyday. It's just a disaster, every since softy left that time slot.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Too bad. Was really enjoying the show, they didn't fall into the beating the dead horse hyperbole crap that the other stations often fall into.

Justin and Gee is one of the worst shows in the history of Seattle sports radio.

kobebryant

Reaction score
If I'm building a roster out of Seattle radios guys - Brock, Salk, O'neill, Wyman, Moore, Barbershop guys, and Furness can stay.

Everyone else is meh to me.

Tical21

Reaction score
CPHawk":mv0lp7t5 said:
Sandmeyer can't be worse than what KjR continues to roll out from 10-1 everyday. It's just a disaster, every since softy left that time slot.
Since Softy? Come on. That guy is nothing more than a fat cheerleader.

I actually find Chuck Powell somewhat enjoyable. I think he'll become quite good as he learns this market and their teams.

And yes, he can be. Sandmeyer was so intolerable that I would find myself turning off Mitch, whose show I absolutely adore when I get the opportunity to listen. I have literally never agreed with a point the guy made, especially about baseball, which is the sport he claims to know.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Tical21":357telcw said:
CPHawk":357telcw said:
Since Softy? Come on. That guy is nothing more than a fat cheerleader.

I actually find Chuck Powell somewhat enjoyable. I think he'll become quite good as he learns this market and their teams.

And yes, he can be. Sandmeyer was so intolerable that I would find myself turning off Mitch, whose show I absolutely adore when I get the opportunity to listen. I have literally never agreed with a point the guy made, especially about baseball, which is the sport he claims to know.

I agree about Softy. I don't get why people like him so much.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
To be honest, I've listened to 1090 about 2 times. Sorry Sandy, never even knew when you were on.

Any human being was better radio than Elise and Jerry.
Chuck Powell is a baseball guy, that's for sure. The jury is out on him until football season starts because he does seem to have a slower pace.

Softy, yeah he's a fat cheerleader and I like it.
However, he needed to stay at 10 am because he has a pipeline for breaking news.
Breaking news doesn't happen at 3 pm.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I personally like 1090 a lot. The Sandmeyer Show was the only local show on that station. Personally, I don't need to hear hours about the Mariners in June and Seahawk OTA's. Only time I really need local radio is during the Hawks season or when other meaningful local sport stories break. Doug Gotlieb has always been a favorite of mine and Farrell On The Bench is the best talk radio show on the air right now. That guy is a blast.

As for local. The only good show on 710 is Brock and Salk, arguably the best local radio show. Ian Furness' show on KJR is pretty good IMO. I just can't get on board with Bob and Groz, Softy's show and some of the others. Danny/Dave/Moore is hit or miss with me. I do enjoy Danny O'Neal's outlook on the Seahawks and NFL.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
For a city the size of Seattle, you'd think they'd have some local show that doesn't suck.. but that's not the case.. all of them are pretty lousy.

Latest posts