Lets start with this Brilliant Thierry Henry ad from Sky Sports
[youtube]mFvgAESql6o[/youtube]

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2az0zqb9 said:
Not happy about Liverpool paying 32.5 mil for Benteke. Not close to being worth it. I don't think he fits our system at all and would have loved to see us go all in for Lacazette, with Aubemayang a nice consolation prize.

Liverpool and united have both had decent windows so far, City paid way over the odds for Sterling, in my opinion, but there it is. Chelsea have ben conspicuously quiet, as have Arsenal and Spurs. We'll see what happens. If Liverpool can sort out a defensive mid and maybe another out-and-out winger (Loan move for Turan has been mooted), then we'll be in contention.

Wee Stoke have had a pretty good window so far, too. Newcastle look set to land Charlie Austin, nice move for them.

I must admit I was a bit worried when Benteke sent out that cryptic tweet yesterday about joining United. Glad he went to Liverpool. Amazed one of the bigger teams didn't try to snag Charlie Austin.

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
Was down aroun VMAC this morning and there were quite a few United supporters milling about in front looking for autographs. It's failry cool seeing United train at the Seahawks facility and saying that it is "amazing".

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LouMacari10/status/620995317526331392[/tweet]

The United players met with Sounders players too.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SoundersFC/status/621438806776922112[/tweet]

I broke down and bought some tickets for the game Friday night. Despite the cost I can't have them so close and not go see!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":4tn9sky3 said:
Not happy about Liverpool paying 32.5 mil for Benteke. Not close to being worth it. I don't think he fits our system at all and would have loved to see us go all in for Lacazette, with Aubemayang a nice consolation prize.

Liverpool and united have both had decent windows so far, City paid way over the odds for Sterling, in my opinion, but there it is. Chelsea have ben conspicuously quiet, as have Arsenal and Spurs. We'll see what happens. If Liverpool can sort out a defensive mid and maybe another out-and-out winger (Loan move for Turan has been mooted), then we'll be in contention.

Wee Stoke have had a pretty good window so far, too. Newcastle look set to land Charlie Austin, nice move for them.

He's no Andy Carrol, and in all honesty I think he's getting a bad rap from liverpool fans who assume he's some statue in the middle of the park who we lob crosses to. He can press, he can attack players with the dribble and is strong on the counter.

This group "managed" 6th with nothing in the goal department and no true striker options. Now we have Benteke and Origi, who can play off each other, with Firmino and Milner. Clyne coming up the one side will help immensely as well.

I still see more in this window (a winger or mid target, or both) but I'm happy with Benteke.. or atleast happy its over and we can move on.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I heard on a podcast the other day that United has spent more on transfers since van Gaal arrived than Ajax have spent in their history. Which I guess is what you need to do if you want to compete with City, Chelsea and the 2 Spanish teams. They're going to have a good team this season.

Milner and Benteke have been fairly expensive acquisitions (either in terms of fees or wages) but are both players I would have liked at Spurs and should be good additions.

Spurs have had a good start to the offseason, I reckon. 3 defenders in to hopefully bolster our dreadful backline, and selling some of Baldini's gems for better than expected sums. Pretty much breaking even on Paulinho is nothing short of miraculous. Soldado is rumoured to bring back around £15m, which will be a loss, but not bad business given the situation. Others that Pochettino inherited and clearly doesn't rate (Stambouli, Capoue, Kaboul etc) have either been sold or seem to be attracting interest. I'd expect a few more players in once a few have been sold.

We desperately need a CM who is better than Ryan Mason. A striker would be nice too. Hopefully we won't need a new goalkeeper.

I fear that we will end up with half of the American team, as Levy clearly has his eyes on the American market and getting a billion or so from someone like Zuckerberg, Paul Allen, Jay-Z, or much more likely, and worryingly, Shad Khan, for the privilege of owning the club.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3nowl046 said:
I'm interested to get our Euro fans' take on this article's assumption on the EUFA Champions League's homegrown requirement's effect on the rising cost of English players.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... in-parity/

FIFA is searching for ideas to cap spending per team in a way that's applied across the leagues to allow for a more competitive balance.

I'm all for it, really. If domestic player rules are the simplest mandate to start the process then by all means.

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
T2 beat Newcastle 4-3
USL team beats Premiership side. Remarkable and noteworthy.....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":9rve1k3j said:
T2 beat Newcastle 4-3

MN United beat Swansea 2-0 last summer

Really doesn't mean anything.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1rtl21ds said:
Seabhac":1rtl21ds said:
T2 beat Newcastle 4-3

Come on, you know better than this. About 6 years or so ago, the Buffalo Bills won all of their preseason games against playoff teams. Didn't mean shit. this is the same thing. Meaningless.

Didn't Chelsea lose to Bradford last season... in an actual real match?

Barca only beat Galaxy 2-1 last night... Galaxy better than Juve, Bayern and Real Madrid!

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2t3nm8jq said:
Seabhac":2t3nm8jq said:
T2 beat Newcastle 4-3

Come on, you know better than this. About 6 years or so ago, the Buffalo Bills won all of their preseason games against playoff teams. Didn't mean shit. this is the same thing. Meaningless.

OK so the team that's 8th in the USL should be able to beat a Prem side?
In my head (which is admittedly old fashioned when it comes to football) - Newcastle should thump a USL team regardless of the circumstances anwhere, anytime , day or night.

I know it's a friendly etc...but I am assuming, maybe wrongly, that the Toon players have some pride!!

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ptf0fsc9 said:
That's the Stevie G effect, Simon :)

Can't wait till Stevie Me comes to Century Link....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":12lfjepu said:
peachesenregalia":12lfjepu said:
Seabhac":12lfjepu said:
T2 beat Newcastle 4-3

In my head (which is admittedly old fashioned when it comes to football) - Newcastle should thump a USL team regardless of the circumstances anwhere, anytime , day or night.

I know it's a friendly etc...but I am assuming, maybe wrongly, that the Toon players have some pride!!

It's not that it shouldn't happen...its that it happens alot. It's not "remarkable" is the point.

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":983qd20f said:
Uncle Si":983qd20f said:
Seabhac":983qd20f said:
peachesenregalia":983qd20f said:

It's not that it shouldn't happen...its that it happens alot. It's not "remarkable" is the point.

Or noteworthy, even....

The Brothers Grimm have spoken.....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NY Red Bulls reserves and youth players beat Chelsea 4-2

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3m7prv25 said:
NY Red Bulls reserves and youth players beat Chelsea 4-2

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4535-1417050403-14.gif

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seabhac":1yd8uztt said:
With Pre-Season in full Swing its time to kick this thread off -

Lets start with this Brilliant Thierry Henry ad from Sky Sports
[youtube]mFvgAESql6o[/youtube]

I loved how it ended. The best way, there was no other way, the only way, it could end.