"ROWDY" Roddy Piper.....

Lithium

Reaction score
I grew up watching wrestling...Roddy was awesome in every way. Hope he is in a better place.
Sad.

m0ng0

Reaction score
hahaha,

I always chuckle when I think about Piper, He was kind of a local Portland guy, and then of course there was "They Live" one of my favorite corny movies ever. He was a legend.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I loved watching the guy.I remember when I was a kid seeing him and Buddy Rose go at it on NorthWest Championship wrestling.It went into the crowd and lasted a long time.That was almost 40 yrs ago.Saw him later over the years and it was always fun to listen to him.RIP Rowdy one.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
m0ng0":61vrt5c9 said:
hahaha,

I always chuckle when I think about Piper, He was kind of a local Portland guy, and then of course there was "They Live" one of my favorite corny movies ever. He was a legend.

The Maniac loves you...

Piper was my favorite wrestler...the perfect bad guy. And he delivered one of the best cheesy movie lines of all time...

God speed Rowdy..

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Coming so soon after the death of Dusty Rhodes, it really feels like my childhood is dying. Piper had some of the best quotes ever.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta bubblegum."

"Just when you think you have the answers, I change the questions."

"I'm trying to find a place with peace. And if not, then let's fill it with mayhem."

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Piper's Pit was the best part of the WWE programs. He was crazy in the ring but away from it, one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. Really classy guy. RIP Hot Rod.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I remember him from Portland rastlin' back when I was a kid, up here in Seattle it was on channel 11 or 13.
He was always an entertaining individual. RIP Mr. Piper.

chris98251

Reaction score
Like many of you I seen him before he went WWF on the Northwest Wrestling Alliance show, he Jimmy Snuka, Jesse Ventura and other Legends. He was the kind of guy you loved to hate but made you laugh as well. They Painted him as a bad guy but he was more of a Vigilante, nobody was off limits.

WWF got him and the core of the Wrestling shows from the small venues and organizations having been bought by Vince made what we seen as the WWF, it was kind of cool as a young person knowing that a lot of the key players were from our area.

RIP Rowdy, your more then a Legend in your Field, you set a tone for generations of people to try to step up to, not just in Wrestling, but life.

athanas

Reaction score
That's one that stings. As did Dusty Rhode's passing not too long ago. The Hot Rod was a bad mo'fo; great heel and from all accounts a great guy.
I expect Ronda Rousey to deliver a PRIME beatdown tonight in his honor.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":19zac5bq said:
Like many of you I seen him before he went WWF on the Northwest Wrestling Alliance show, he Jimmy Snuka, Jesse Ventura and other Legends. He was the kind of guy you loved to hate but made you laugh as well. They Painted him as a bad guy but he was more of a Vigilante, nobody was off limits.

WWF got him and the core of the Wrestling shows from the small venues and organizations having been bought by Vince made what we seen as the WWF, it was kind of cool as a young person knowing that a lot of the key players were from our area.

RIP Rowdy, your more then a Legend in your Field, you set a tone for generations of people to try to step up to, not just in Wrestling, but life.

Agreed. Saw the program out of Yakima. They came to Othello one night and my older brother went with his friends to see them at the Jr High. Found out that some of them were pretty short.

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sad news.

Piper was on the Adam Carolla podcast not even a couple months ago. I was always a fan, but I didn't know a lot about his childhood. Holy moly, he had a really rough upbringing, and was even homeless as a teenager playing bagpipes for money on the street until he was introduced to wrestling.

One of the true greats of wrestling, and a really good dude.

byau

Reaction score
Loved to hate Rowdy growing up. I went bezerkers when he hit Snuka with the coconut.

Going back even further on GCW, my brother and I went bezerk when Tommy Rich got Rowdy into such a frenzy that Rowdy signed the contract to fight him! My bro and I went ape**** and knew Wildfire would be stomping Rowdy's face. (And imagine our disappointment when we found out Rowdy still won..by cheating..that freaking cheat)

Yeah, loved to hate that guy

He will definitely be missed, one of a kind.

Latest posts