2015/16 Champion's league

Smurf

Reaction score
Group A: Madrid, PSG (Shakhtar with right bounces)
Group B: United, Wolfsburg/PSV is a toss up.
Group C: Atletico, Galatasaray (Could easily see Benifica here too)
Group D: Juve, City
Group E: Barce, Roma
Group F: Bayern, Arenal
Group G: Chelsea, Porto
Group H: Zenit, Lyon.

Those are my picks....for me Group D is the toughest. Juve and City are obvious favorites for top 2, but Sevilla and Monchengladbach play some good football. Could make it difficult for the other two.

Group H might end up as the most open of all the groups.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":8yxo8mw6 said:
Smurf":8yxo8mw6 said:
Group A: Madrid, PSG (Shakhtar with right bounces)
Group B: United, Wolfsburg/PSV is a toss up.
Group C: Atletico, Galatasaray (Could easily see Benifica here too)
Group D: Juve, City
Group E: Barce, Roma
Group F: Bayern, Arenal
Group G: Chelsea, Porto
Group H: Zenit, Lyon.

Those are my picks....for me Group D is the toughest. Juve and City are obvious favorites for top 2, but Sevilla and Monchengladbach play some good football. Could make it difficult for the other two.

Group H might end up as the most open of all the groups.

Hard to disagree with any of this, really.

Yup, Smurf is on point.

RApollos

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":373biaqj said:
Chelsea gets the group of death.... :34853_doh:

Is it like some unwritten rule that Arsenal has to be drawn into a group with a difficult German club, and Olympiacos(if available)?

dino26

Reaction score
It would of been funny if Celtic got through to of seen them get pumped in that group haha, Ah well at least they didnt get that UCL money.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Zagreb for life, bruv! Cheers for that!

Sweet result....we needed that proper win. Massive for the chaps' hearts and heads. Now we need to go plug a little hole in that cannon.

Roma....kudos.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3bw28z92 said:
English teams really have been shite in the CL these past few years.

Yep...Even Chelski's bus ride to the finals. I'll admit it, we had no business being there.

But, it was written in the stars!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2vxmnm0l said:
English teams befuddled again. Arse lose at home to Olympiakos. Not sure how them or Chelsea come back from these two defeats to make it out of their groups. Arsenal will have tough away ties coming up, and Chelsea just look clueless this season.

Screw both of those teams...

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":w944ghuo said:
peachesenregalia":w944ghuo said:
English teams befuddled again. Arse lose at home to Olympiakos. Not sure how them or Chelsea come back from these two defeats to make it out of their groups. Arsenal will have tough away ties coming up, and Chelsea just look clueless this season.

[youtube]Z3hXMSsPJ3I[/youtube]

dino26

Reaction score
Begovic had a nice save before Porto fired in their goal, personally I feel Chelsea need a bit of muscle in the middle of the park.

I was in Glasgow yesterday and there were lots of Fenerbahçe fans about for the Celtic Fenerbahçe Europa league game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1qeofamn said:
Uncle Si":1qeofamn said:
peachesenregalia":1qeofamn said:

QNqaerv

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":39inlq7x said:
Honest question for united fans - Do you feel like LVG is helping or hurting your team these days?

To be honest, I think he's wasted a ton of transfer money on poor signings, and his negative tactics are not what united fans are used to. De Gea got you in the top four last season, without him it would have been 6th/7th, I reckon.

Not a United fan so I won't weigh in on that... but that was some crazy 10 minutes yesterday. I had tuned into the 2nd half to follow the matches and it went crazy in the United group. United equalizes... is through, its waved off. CSKA scores, United is through. 45 seconds later, PSV equalizes (with 10 men), United is out. 5 minutes later United scores, is through. Wolfsburg takes the lead 2 minutes later, United out... Best 10 minutes of soccer I've followed since the end of the season 3 years ago.

Talking to a few of my United fans they seemed more pleased with the open play of United last night, despite getting burned by it, then the more conservative approach LVG has taken in league games.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18n42d5m said:
Fair play to City. Full value for the win over both legs. I have a dream, in which City wins the Champion's League, Liverpool wins the Europa League, and Man United finish fourth, with City finishing 5th or 6th, and Liverpool finishing 5th or 6th. In this scenario, Liverpool and City would both be in next season's Champion's League, and United would be in the Europa league.

Finally, some footy talk that doesn't involve that dumpster fire taking up space where the Seahawks play.

City was professional yesterday... surprisingly. I'm hoping for a Barca-Bayern-Real-City semis.. any of those matchups would be good (well, maybe a two legged Clasico would be a bit much).

Liverpool-Dortmund tomorrow.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I would as well, but not sure he would risk the fitness of both his strikers to start. I can see him moving to that after half, though.

Putting the pace of those two at Dortmund's back line would give them fits. Origi alone was more than they wanted.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1x6wr6v4 said:
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Be really interesting to see the fallout from that....

Barca's biggest weakness has always been not having a plan B. I think Suarez was supposed to help that. He's done his part for most the year, just missed his chances last night.

That said, Barca were prepared to win this tournament. Losing out to a league rival will certainly send some shockwaves through their club. Interesting summer ahead.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2qy1luvx said:
Uncle Si":2qy1luvx said:
Best soccer match i've ever witnessed.

It rivals Istanbul, for sure. I'm speechless. I scared the living shit out of my 9 month old son when Lovren scored the 4th. Crazy. Just crazy. Klopp forever.

Obviously Istanbul was a far more important fight back.

It was the atmosphere last night thought that set it above for me as the "best" (most entertaining).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
what an atmosphere at Atleti...

and a goal worthy of the support.