My wee country

DTexHawk

Reaction score
If a tree falls in the forest......................

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3pm2b9oz said:
Northern Ireland qualified for their first major tournament since 1986, with a 3-1 win over Greece tonight in Belfast, they can do no worse than second in their group. They're currently lading their group for Euro 2016 by 3 points, with a +2 GD advantage over second placed Romania. Yeeeeeooooooo!

Congrats peaches... quite a story.

Northern Ireland in... Netherlands out?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":37p98k3k said:
Uncle Si":37p98k3k said:
peachesenregalia":37p98k3k said:
Northern Ireland qualified for their first major tournament since 1986, with a 3-1 win over Greece tonight in Belfast, they can do no worse than second in their group. They're currently lading their group for Euro 2016 by 3 points, with a +2 GD advantage over second placed Romania. Yeeeeeooooooo!

Aye. Netherlands have been on a downward trajectory for a while. British Isles being well represented though, if the Republic of Ireland can win their two-leg playoff game next month, that'll be 4 of the 5 british isles teams in. Pretty cool.

N. Ireland, England... I'm assuming Wales and then Ireland?

No Scotland?

OP
OP
DTexHawk

DTexHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1osvhk5k said:
DTexHawk":1osvhk5k said:

....your mom goes back to prison?

Instead of thanking me for the bump on your thread, you resort to the 12 year olds reply with a mom joke. :roll:

And mom passed in '92.

OP
OP
DTexHawk

DTexHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3fkklief said:
DTexHawk":3fkklief said:
peachesenregalia":3fkklief said:
DTexHawk":3fkklief said:

....your mom goes back to prison?

Instead of thanking me for the bump on your thread, you resort to the 12 year olds reply with a mom joke. :roll:

And mom passed in '92.

*shrug* don't care.

Which ironically is the same response to the thread prior to my bump.

Nobody cared.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Going to be part of the British Isles' invasion of France next year, looking to get to Northern Ireland and England games (though will have to work round some ticketing obstacles to do so).

[youtube]KKoS5X4SMrY[/youtube]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3hltk4bz said:
SomersetHawk":3hltk4bz said:
Going to be part of the British Isles' invasion of France next year, looking to get to Northern Ireland and England games (though will have to work round some ticketing obstacles to do so).

Good song, though I still think Morrisey's a complete and utter wankbag. Anyway, hope you have a good time! GAWA!

For sure, I have the same attitude toward Bono and his music. Twat, but U2's (early) stuff is great.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":14j0zmdq said:
Couldn't agree more. Bono is indeed a twat, but War and Joshua Tree are great records.

Without a doubt, downhill after Joshua Tree, but War was their best, Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day are feckin brilliant.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1w8bobq0 said:
Scotland didn't make it. I'm sure cdallan can tell us all about it. But yes, Wales made it, England, NI and the ROI (if they win their playoff).

Lets see if England can carry on their amazing streak of getting knocked out of major sports tournaments in the group stage.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1rnrfecq said:
SomersetHawk":1rnrfecq said:

Good song, though I still think Morrisey's a complete and utter wankbag. Anyway, hope you have a good time! GAWA!

Here's a glowing review of Morrisey's foray into literature:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/oct/04/list-of-the-lost-morrissey-review-publishers-ashamed

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Sorry, to slightly derail the topic, but I figure you guys probably don't care too much.

Although seeing Klopp's first game is an incidental extra, I'm off to the Lane on Saturday for my last match before heading back to live in NZ (via a few NFL, CFB and NBA games en route).

cdallan

Reaction score
Just a brutal result for Scotland. Beat RoI at home and draw with them away. Draw in Poland then lose a 94 min equaliser to them at home to end up only getting another draw. So Poland go through and RoI go into the playoffs. Easy to forget now but there was chat of O'Neill losing his job after the Scotland game.

Poland are a good side, but it's harder than usual to root for RoI. Two Scots in their top 4 players, and they're not fun to watch.

NI is an amazing story, but I'm not surprised in the slightest that Michael O'Neil is a success. We have a mutual friend who explained his decision to go into management, and he is a very smart guy who could do other things.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1xf5rpw2 said:
Uncle Si":1xf5rpw2 said:
peachesenregalia":1xf5rpw2 said:

Aye. Netherlands have been on a downward trajectory for a while. British Isles being well represented though, if the Republic of Ireland can win their two-leg playoff game next month, that'll be 4 of the 5 british isles teams in. Pretty cool.
Netherlands out? Interesting....Good for Northern Ireland Peaches.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This is what happens when you extend a regional tournament to 24 teams, the quality of opponent will be somewhat diluted.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":138ejhbb said:
UK_Seahawk":138ejhbb said:
This is what happens when you extend a regional tournament to 24 teams, the quality of opponent will be somewhat diluted.

Aye, I know, what with England getting in, they're shite.

They'll be out soon enough.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1l88znen said:
UK_Seahawk":1l88znen said:

Aye, I know, what with England getting in, they're shite.

Yeah shite England with their 100% record and place in the top seeds.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm imagining this whole conversation in the dining hall of Harry Potters school...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1qjm00v9 said:
Uncle Si":1qjm00v9 said:
I'm imagining this whole conversation in the dining hall of Harry Potters school...

You mean Hogwarts? Stop pretending like you didn't know the name of the school, Simon....

you're just making up words now...