The Portland Trailblazers

Atradees

Reaction score
Good job coaching Stotts. This rebuilt Blazer team is impressive. Who is your favorite Blazer?

Sweet Plumblee Vonleh fast break! 76 points in the first half! Oh my!!!

Meyers Leonard is setting great picks. A good rebounding team with length.

Pretty good floor spacing leading to good offensive rebounding.

No more Nic Batum. Yes!!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
At the very least they're going to be really fun to watch. A ton of young, unharnessed and unrefined talent. Probably won't win a ton of games this year, but have a lot of future potential.

They've looked really good the first two preseason games. Starters are outplaying golden states starters tonight.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
It is only preseason. Finally the Blazers are running like theve talked about for a few years. I miss the Drexleresque era.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I got a good feeling about this rebuild, already got a young establish rising star at the center of it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Man, what an awesome team to watch play! On pace to go 82-0!! CJ averaging 37 points per game. I'm sure there's going to be lots of ups and downs this season, but its going to be very entertaining.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Enjoy the fun now Blazer fans, because I think it could get ugly down the road. I don't see this team winning more than 25-30 games. The backcourt of Lillard and CJ will be good and fun to watch, but the rest of the team isn't that good. They have good pieces, but in the West you need superstars. The West is more stacked than ever. There are 4-5 legitimate title contenders in the West. Blazers are going to run into a buzzsaw.

I just feel bad for Blazer fans. It's their only sports team and the Blazers have been getting the short end of the stick for over a decade now. First Oden, then Roy, and then Aldridge left. If things went right, this team probably could have won an NBA title by now, instead they are back to rebuilding.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I think we will finish around .500, this team is so much fun to watch after years of dump it in to LMA let him pound it 10 times then shoot a fade away. It

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
m0ng0":kay6gzu3 said:
I think we will finish around .500, this team is so much fun to watch after years of dump it in to LMA let him pound it 10 times then shoot a fade away. It

I hope you're right, but I think you will be wrong. The Blazers are off to a nice start, but who have they played? They are yet to play the cream of the crop in the West. I am impressed that they are taking care of business against lesser teams like Utah and Minnesota. If they can consistently beat those team, I think they have a chance to win 35-37 games.

I just think once they get into the Western grind where they have to play the Clipps, Warriors and OKC they will fall in the standings.

Alexander

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2u9v2869 said:
m0ng0":2u9v2869 said:

I hope you're right, but I think you will be wrong. The Blazers are off to a nice start, but who have they played? They are yet to play the cream of the crop in the West. I am impressed that they are taking care of business against lesser teams like Utah and Minnesota. If they can consistently beat those team, I think they have a chance to win 35-37 games.

I just think once they get into the Western grind where they have to play the Clipps, Warriors and OKC they will fall in the standings.

I don't think anyone really expects them to be very competitive with the top 5 teams in the West (Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, and Thunder), but after those teams there look to be a lot of big question marks. Obviously it's still very early in the season, so the usual caveats apply, but the Grizzlies seem to have regressed a lot, the Pelicans are a so-so team even accounting for their injury issues, and similarly with the Mavericks. That just leaves last year's non-playoff teams, who also have to play the top-5 teams a bunch.

That's not to say I expect the Blazers to make the playoffs, but I think they have an outside shot at .500.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Alexander":3pqma4ad said:
Hawk-Lock":3pqma4ad said:
m0ng0":3pqma4ad said:

I don't think anyone really expects them to be very competitive with the top 5 teams in the West (Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, and Thunder), but after those teams there look to be a lot of big question marks. Obviously it's still very early in the season, so the usual caveats apply, but the Grizzlies seem to have regressed a lot, the Pelicans are a so-so team even accounting for their injury issues, and similarly with the Mavericks. That just leaves last year's non-playoff teams, who also have to play the top-5 teams a bunch.

That's not to say I expect the Blazers to make the playoffs, but I think they have an outside shot at .500.

I still see them behind every team in the west except for Minnesota, Lakers, Suckramento, and Denver. I hope I'm wrong, but at some point talent prevails.

Rat

Reaction score
As a huge Pistons fan, tonight's game was very enjoyable. Andre Drummond is unstoppable.

Alexander

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2u9fbfzc said:
Rat":2u9fbfzc said:
As a huge Pistons fan, tonight's game was very enjoyable. Andre Drummond is unstoppable.
Ugly, ugly loss for the Blazers. Outscored 41-11 in the 4th at home. Wow.

Detroit looked like a good team coming in (beat some good teams on the way to 4-1), so I didn't necessarily expect the Blazers to win. But the way they imploded like that was just... irritating.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Rat":2x5syu7n said:

Andre Drummond is a beast. Curious to see if he can keep up this pace. Probably not, but the guy is unreal.

TravTex

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2og88ovc said:
Rat":2og88ovc said:

Andre Drummond is a beast. Curious to see if he can keep up this pace. Probably not, but the guy is unreal.

Just noticed his 19.0 RPG at the moment. Jeez. Though I found that in an intent to laugh at whatever his FT% is at these days. Career FT% .397. That's... that's just a weird mental block, right there. There's like forty dudes in the league with a better 3P% than Andre's free throws.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Like i said in an above post. This team will be bad. You just don't lose 4 starters without paying the price. They should be in the hunt for a top 5 pick next year.

Latest posts