MLS

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Probably easier to just put this with the Sounders thread... but maybe this can serve as the "post season" thread.

SKC have their work cut out for them, for sure.

Smurf

Reaction score
As a Anti-Timber person watching that game....Incredible match. Instant MLS classic. All of the games the past two days have been Solid.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":xi0gcwuw said:
Uncle Si":xi0gcwuw said:
I enjoyed it

Yeah, but you are stuffy. You would actually make a good timber fan. It would be an easy transition from kc.

Brilliant...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":38gxr1lv said:
As a Anti-Timber person watching that game....Incredible match. Instant MLS classic. All of the games the past two days have been Solid.

Agreed... hell of a match.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I am a full on Portland hater, and despite the negligible skill show by both teams last night, that game was incredibly fun to watch. I still cannot believe that SKC hit both pipes and it didn't go in. What are the odds?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1t3ql84w said:
I am a full on Portland hater, and despite the negligible skill show by both teams last night, that game was incredibly fun to watch. I still cannot believe that SKC hit both pipes and it didn't go in. What are the odds?

That was about as much skill as you are going to see in an MLS match...

SKC was clearly set up to limit chances early on, while Portland wanted to attack. Once the first goal went in you saw both teams change.

The OT periods were as open as any soccer fan could hope

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Its good to know that my heart is in good shape. Because between this and the Ducks game, if I was ever going to have a heart attack last night was the night.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3eg2fs07 said:
Its good to know that my heart is in good shape. Because between this and the Ducks game, if I was ever going to have a heart attack last night was the night.

It shows the good and bad of the MLS. Sounders game as well.

Some great technical ability balanced with very poor tactics and even more comically bad technical ability.

But.. I havent sat through a whole MLS game this year, and did through that one. part of it was having to right a match report, but still, engaging match, lots of drama.

And pretty sure every Timber fan sacrificed a year off their life for that pen that went off both posts. I've seen that once before in a game I was coaching (my team was the beneficiary) and I hate to relive the consequences of such physics drawn luck.

Smurf

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2ixqg649 said:

Someone on reddit did the math and its something like 1 in 800k.

If the shot was 0.002" in either direction it will either only hit one post, or go in.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":mu0v09b4 said:
So soccer guys... Portland vs Vancouver. Do the timbers have a shot?

Normally i'd say they'd have ever chance. Vancouver are good but there form has dipped a bit since mid season. Portland need to keep the first game tight though. Its going to be tough given they played 97 minutes plus 30 minutes injury time and penalties in such a short week. Their players will be drained.

Smurf

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":26jdm6ah said:
JSeahawks":26jdm6ah said:
So soccer guys... Portland vs Vancouver. Do the timbers have a shot?

Normally i'd say they'd have ever chance. Vancouver are good but there form has dipped a bit since mid season. Portland need to keep the first game tight though. Its going to be tough given they played 97 minutes plus 30 minutes injury time and penalties in such a short week. Their players will be drained.

It really depends on how fast the game is. I feel its gonna be a track meet with the wide players both teams have.

I feel the faster the game, the more it suites the Whitecaps, and the slower more physical the game suites the Timbers.