ESPN shuts down Grantland

Rat

Reaction score
Damn, one of my favorite sites, and the only thing worth reading on ESPN. Simmons was great, but they had a lot of other amazing writers as well.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2vrxm21y said:
Laloosh":2vrxm21y said:
Wonder where Barnwell and Mays wind up.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Barnwell end up at fivethirtyeight.com.

Yeah, some of those guys just re-signed with ESPN right?

cdallan

Reaction score
This isn't as good as the other Grantland thread which, ironically, was closed down.

Laloosh

Reaction score
cdallan":1g33q7an said:
This isn't as good as the other Grantland thread which, ironically, was closed down.

This one was created first. How it works with every other duplicate thread on the site.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3qhx5m7j said:
Wonder where Barnwell and Mays wind up.

I enjoyed listening to these guys, even if they were the Valley Girls of the podcast World. I hope they find another outlet

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some interesting stuff from last month:

"Former Grantland Editor-In-Chief Bill Simmons also made an oblique reference to the situation on his own podcast last week:

There might have been a couple of Grantland people that said nice things about [the departing Grantlanders] on a podcast, and it might have been edited out by people who work over there, so I wanted to pass along those sentiments from some of the people at Grantland, too."

http://deadspin.com/whats-going-on-with ... 1737360062

"Discussions on background with Grantland staffers past and present (ESPN executives associated with Grantland declined to talk on the record or on background for this column) reveal that the site is beset by a climate of fear, a cycle of mistrust, and a belief amongst several that staff are “treated like children.” An overall lack of communication with management has been beyond frustrating for the staff. Many heard about Connelly’s appointment on their Twitter feeds—precisely where Simmons had learned of his dismissal."

THE GRANTLAND NFL PODCAST RETURNS FROM (SELF-IMPOSED OR INFLICTED) EXILE, TRIBUTE FINALLY PAID

Posted by Ian Casselberry on Oct 27, 2015 13:01

After a two-week hiatus, the Grantland NFL podcast with Bill Barnwell and Robert Mays returned on Monday, recapping Week 7 of the season. The podcast hadn’t posted a new episode since Oct. 13, missing its regular slot five times. However, Barnwell didn’t leave fans completely hanging, letting them know on Twitter when there wouldn’t be a show.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/the-gra ... -paid.html

Latest posts