BRING BACK THE SONICS!!!!!!!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
fig,forest,womens,ffffff.u1.jpg

stern4.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It seems like we're in a holding pattern of the city and county not wanting to approve anything until a team is secured, and Hansen wanting to get final approval of the stadium so the NBA starts taking Seattle seriously when teams become available.

Catch 22?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":50p4yxzi said:
It seems like we're in a holding pattern of the city and county not wanting to approve anything until a team is secured, and Hansen wanting to get final approval of the stadium so the NBA starts taking Seattle seriously when teams become available.

Catch 22?
NHL first is the doorway to an NBA team. The scumbag that is Stern Jr (see Silver) won't let Seattle get a team until an arena is built.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I would trade peaches, daytoman and Okie to have the Sonics back. Their lives, I mean. Or their happiness. Nothing personal.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Before the Clink, the loudest sports venue was the Key.

[youtube]QlsAK0Yg4vo[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3uhc10hh said:
Sgt. Largent":3uhc10hh said:

Catch 22?
NHL first is the doorway to an NBA team. The scumbag that is Stern Jr (see Silver) won't let Seattle get a team until an arena is built.

I agree on both counts.

And I hate to say it, but I agree with building the arena first to get a team. Why would a league like the NBA take it on good faith from the city and county that we'll build an arena if they give us a team when our idiot politicians decided to tell the NBA to F-off the last time around.

Next to the NFL, the NBA is the most lucrative franchise ownership in pro sports. They don't have to bend over for anybody, you gotta play the game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Such a storied franchise ripped away from us. Teams move a lot, but how many teams with 40 years of history, an NBA championship, and greats like Gary Payton, Lenny Wilkins and Jack Sikma up and move? How does Howard Schultz show his face in this town, let alone sleep at night.

[youtube]AOJIM5-Zmv0[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Throwdown":2d1241q0 said:
I don't think it's ever happening.

It'll happen. It has to, no reason for the NBA not to want to be in the #4 most affluent market in the country.

I guarantee once an arena is built the NBA will try their hardest to move a team here.

It's just good business sense.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Throwdown":226bh75w said:
I don't think it's ever happening.

It will happen. This is the NBA we are talking about. A business that will rip a team away from a city if they aren't making money.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3fqou5ih said:
Before the Clink, the loudest sports venue was the Key.

[youtube]QlsAK0Yg4vo[/youtube]
That intro gives me the chills, the good kind!
Almost 20 years ago. SMDH .

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1s3zwvu5 said:
Here we go again! I've always been under the impression that renovating the Key Arena wasn't really an option. Curious to see where this goes. How does this affect Hansen?

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/grou ... responded/

Honestly, when I saw this, all I thought is that it might sabotage our best chance to get the Sonics back.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They are gone and not coming back,I have ranted and posted on this enough.The NBA crooks might come back but it won't be the Sonics and it won't happen for years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":26q76sj9 said:
Here we go again! I've always been under the impression that renovating the Key Arena wasn't really an option. Curious to see where this goes. How does this affect Hansen?

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/grou ... responded/

It doesn't affect Hansen.

The mayor and everyone involved are on the same page, if this is happening, it's with Hansen in the SoDo.........and not any of the posers who keep coming in here trying to worm their way into the deal.

All those fools had their chance in the summer when the NHL offered an expansion franchise for the first guy who stepped up and paid the franchise fee and got an arena deal done. They all ran like rats when it came time to write a fat check. So F-em.

IMO this story, like all the others is just nonsense and a distraction. Hansen is years ahead of anybody else, and has the backing of the governments.