Sports Radio Griping

HawkGA

Reaction score
So I spent about 4 years living in the boonies of Nebraska and the only sports radio station I had was Fox Sports. It was by far the worst sports radio I've ever heard. Just horrible.

So now I've moved to the big city and I have the opportunity to listen to ESPN Radio. And what happens? Dan Lebatard gets the afternoon time slot vacated by Colin Cowherd. Say what you want about Cowherd, but Lebatard is several rungs down on the ladder from him. Oh, and where is Cowherd? Fox Sports radio. ##$$@#$#$!!!!!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Cowherd is on a podcast and I think TV. I don't really miss him too much. Pretty full of himself.

Sports radio has just turned into people whining about their fantasy teams. I'm listening to music more and more lately.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm stopped listening to music because they stopped playing music. There is a good comedy channel that works well though.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm an old fart, so when they say "oldies" they are actually referring to me, which was upsetting at first but I've gotten used to it.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maulbert":3pc7aawy said:
Cowherd sucks. Fox is worse for having him.

Incorrect! The first half of the statement may be true but not the second half. Where I lived didn't do Fox Sports for the time slot Cowherd is in, but if it was anything like what their morning show was, Cowherd would be a vast improvement.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only national sports personality I like is Jay Mohr, he's on Fox 850 from noon to 3 here in Seattle. Funny as hell, passionate and always has an opinion, right or wrong.

Other than that, it's 710 or 950 for the local jocks.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I like Cowherd, seems like I'm the only one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":28u6iuwn said:
So I spent about 4 years living in the boonies of Nebraska and the only sports radio station I had was Fox Sports. It was by far the worst sports radio I've ever heard. Just horrible.

So now I've moved to the big city and I have the opportunity to listen to ESPN Radio. And what happens? Dan Lebatard gets the afternoon time slot vacated by Colin Cowherd. Say what you want about Cowherd, but Lebatard is several rungs down on the ladder from him. Oh, and where is Cowherd? Fox Sports radio. ##$$@#$#$!!!!!
I can only listen to sportsradio in small doses, and that's the local stuff, and the national shows are much worse IMO.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Only shows I enjoy are Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen.

Though DP gets hard to listen to sometimes because of those god awful Danettes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":zcl0sj6s said:
Get SiriusXM. Lots of good national shows on there.
I have Sirius in the car. They are slightly better then the AM radio crap.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":12jch3sg said:
Only shows I enjoy are Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen.

Though DP gets hard to listen to sometimes because of those god awful Danettes.
I like Patrick but his ego can get pretty large at times and get in the way of good sports talk.
On the plus side he interviews rock stars. I've heard good ones with Glenn Frey and Geddy Lee.