Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The official "I hate Gonzaga Basketball" Thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Haha this thread is holding true to form. Zags really do suck. Unless they can beat SMU on the road, they will only have one quality win on their resume come March (beating UConn). Can you imagine how bad they will be next year without Karnowski, Wiltjer and most likely Sabonis? Looks like it will be time to rebuild starting next season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4001
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Haha this thread is holding true to form. Zags really do suck. Unless they can beat SMU on the road, they will only have one quality win on their resume come March (beating UConn). Can you imagine how bad they will be next year without Karnowski, Wiltjer and most likely Sabonis? Looks like it will be time to rebuild starting next season.

    Afraid you're right. But wouldn't that win over UW be considered a quality win? :stirthepot:
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20863
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Haha this thread is holding true to form. Zags really do suck. Unless they can beat SMU on the road, they will only have one quality win on their resume come March (beating UConn). Can you imagine how bad they will be next year without Karnowski, Wiltjer and most likely Sabonis? Looks like it will be time to rebuild starting next season.

    Afraid you're right. But wouldn't that win over UW be considered a quality win? :stirthepot:


    Most likely not. Once conference play starts UW will likely falter. I'd be shocked if they made the tourney this year. They are still 1-2 years away form being taken seriously.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4001
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • Gonzaga officially sucks.
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2834
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


  • Trenchbroom wrote:Gonzaga officially sucks.


    I'm a born and bred Husky fan but my wife went to Gonzaga... It's been fun to consistently root for a team in March.

    Spokane is a lot like a west side city. Hell, places outside of the Seattle metropolitan area on the west side are as Idaohian as the east.

    Watched the Huskies get blown out on Thursday in Arizona. Our program is screwed. I like Romar, but we need a new approach to recruiting since the California schools just eat up our top recruits and recruiting is so much different than it was just 10 years ago. It used to be easy to bring local guys here, but it's just not anymore.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5491
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • SonicHawk wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:Gonzaga officially sucks.


    I'm a born and bred Husky fan but my wife went to Gonzaga... It's been fun to consistently root for a team in March.

    Spokane is a lot like a west side city. Hell, places outside of the Seattle metropolitan area on the west side are as Idaohian as the east.

    Watched the Huskies get blown out on Thursday in Arizona. Our program is screwed. I like Romar, but we need a new approach to recruiting since the California schools just eat up our top recruits and recruiting is so much different than it was just 10 years ago. It used to be easy to bring local guys here, but it's just not anymore.

    Ummmmm. Hmmmmmm. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Wellllllllll. What?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3933
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • SonicHawk wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:Gonzaga officially sucks.


    I'm a born and bred Husky fan but my wife went to Gonzaga... It's been fun to consistently root for a team in March.

    Spokane is a lot like a west side city. Hell, places outside of the Seattle metropolitan area on the west side are as Idaohian as the east.

    Watched the Huskies get blown out on Thursday in Arizona. Our program is screwed. I like Romar, but we need a new approach to recruiting since the California schools just eat up our top recruits and recruiting is so much different than it was just 10 years ago. It used to be easy to bring local guys here, but it's just not anymore.


    You must not be paying attention very well. UW is tied for fist place in the Pac12 and has a really bright future. You can hate Romar all you want, but he has UW going in the right direction.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4001
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • Trenchbroom wrote:Gonzaga officially sucks.

    Incorrect. Beat UW and took AZ to the wire and that's 2 of the Pac's top teams. Are they going to be an Elite Eight team like last year? No. But they're a top 4 Pac team if they're in that conference despite all you wet siders not wanting anything nice for the other side of the mtns.





    SonicHawk wrote:I'm a born and bred Husky fan but my wife went to Gonzaga... It's been fun to consistently root for a team in March...........

    Yes, nice that you've had someone from the Northwest to root for in March.

    I'll say it again, if the success Gonzaga has enjoyed and worked for over the last 20+ years was instead the other Jesuit school in the state, Seattle U., all you wet siders would be all over how awesome they are. But since a Spokane school you won't give 'em squat for credit. How provincial.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20863
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    You must not be paying attention very well. UW is tied for fist place in the Pac12 and has a really bright future. You can hate Romar all you want, but he has UW going in the right direction.


    We were also ranked last year about 12 games into the season. That didn't work out either.

    They aren't going in the right direction, they are just continuing in the average direction.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5491
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • SonicHawk wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    You must not be paying attention very well. UW is tied for fist place in the Pac12 and has a really bright future. You can hate Romar all you want, but he has UW going in the right direction.


    We were also ranked last year about 12 games into the season. That didn't work out either.

    They aren't going in the right direction, they are just continuing in the average direction.


    It isn't the same. The past few years have been awful for the program, but Romar has gotten us back on track. We have a top 10 recruit coming in next year, the highest ever in the Romar era. Higher than Brockman, Hawes, Brandon Roy, etc. Assuming Murray doesn't declare for the draft after this year (I doubt he will), then there is a good chance we will have two NBA loterry picks playing on our team next year. Just click the link below (pick #7 & #9)....

    http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4001
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


  • We've had solid recruits for years but they've played average at best.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5491
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


  • I just find it odd that you picked recruiting, especially after this and next year's class, as the area that needs the most improvement.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3933
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


  • They have one of the top recruits in the nation next year. The first McD All-American to come to Gonzaga.

    Right about this year .. really short on talent. Hard to compete week in and week out with no depth.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3999
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


  • Gonzaga hate needs a place to hang.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3999
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


  • Go zags!
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1891
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


Previous


It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests