The official "I hate Gonzaga Basketball" Thread

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
This thread is for people who want to drone on about how much they hate Gonzaga basketball.

Cheaters! Bad Conference! International Recruits! Spokane Sucks!

Have at it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
First 3 reason is whatevs. Last reason is totally legit... screw Eastern Washington. Might as well be Idahoians.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Whatever happened to that Adam Morrison guy? Oh wait....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I get tired of hearing about them, and I'm not even a big college basketball fan.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Meh.. their annual March failure will be enough talk for me. :D

Tical21

Reaction score
Great school, know a lot of really nice, really smart people that went there. But their basketball program has as much to do with the state of Washington as USC does. Actually, I think two kids from Washington have played for USC in the last decade, so maybe we should all just root for the Trojans as our trendy bangwagon local sports team.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Tical obviously has someone close to him from the state of Washington that he believed was good enough to play for the Zags. When the offer letter never materialized then his vendetta began.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
How many Seahawk players are from Washington?

Your logic makes no sense. Every college and pro team nation wide recruits the best players they can get from wherever they can get them. Once those players are here, we root for them. Once they are done playing here, they usually leave.

Steve Largent lives in Oklahoma. Walter Jones lives in Alabama. They are still great Seahawks.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Few and Gonzaga built there team by focusing on players that could be exceptional college players but were long-shots to make it in the NBA and also focused on international players that were overlooked by recruiters of more established programs.

It's a unique approach to build a competitive program against more traditional recruiting tactics.

St. Mary's had a similar approach with Randy Bennett and their heavy recruiting of Australian players from the AIS.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
And most if not all of you Gonzaga haters root for the Huskies in football right? How many California kids on their roster?

The Zag hate is cuz they're regularly better than the "mighty" Huskies (and pretty much the rest of the Pac-12 most every year) and located in Spokane. If it were the private Jesuit school in Seattle instead of Spokane, Seattle Universty (my alma mater btw), you Zag haters wouldn't say shit cuz you'd be huge Redhawk fans and happy as clams at high tide that they made the Sweet 16 most years. There wouldn't be any of the snide comments about then losing once they got to that level that I see with the Zags.

West siders can't freakin' stand anything from the east side being better than what you all got. This place ought to be fun after the Cougs whup the Huskies' asses Friday. Yawn.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Early lines just came out showing Zags favored by 10 over UW.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2wwq3xt3 said:

Your logic makes no sense. Every college and pro team nation wide recruits the best players they can get from wherever they can get them. Once those players are here, we root for them. Once they are done playing here, they usually leave.

Steve Largent lives in Oklahoma. Walter Jones lives in Alabama. They are still great Seahawks.
The pros is a different thing, and I have less than half of the amount of pride in the pro teams than I do in our college teams. With pros you know the deal. I actually was really upset with Sark for not recruiting our state either. Remember when getting accepted to your state college's athletic teams was a big deal? Money has ruined all of this. As a taxpayer, I would rather my tax dollars go towards the education of a kid from down the street than a 2nd tier athlete from California. When UW plays USC, it is basically just a "our kids from California can beat your kids from California" contest. How lame is that?

And Gonzaga takes it to a whole other level. They want to high-brow with their friends from Europe and Canada and treat the kids from Washington like they're second-class citizens. Kids from Washington just aren't "Gonzaga" material. I believe Universities should try to cultivate youth from their surrounding area, not shun them.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Tical21":1yqguv83 said:
Hawkstorian":1yqguv83 said:

The pros is a different thing, and I have less than half of the amount of pride in the pro teams than I do in our college teams. With pros you know the deal. I actually was really upset with Sark for not recruiting our state either. Remember when getting accepted to your state college's athletic teams was a big deal? Money has ruined all of this. As a taxpayer, I would rather my tax dollars go towards the education of a kid from down the street than a 2nd tier athlete from California. When UW plays USC, it is basically just a "our kids from California can beat your kids from California" contest. How lame is that?

And Gonzaga takes it to a whole other level. They want to high-brow with their friends from Europe and Canada and treat the kids from Washington like they're second-class citizens. Kids from Washington just aren't "Gonzaga" material. I believe Universities should try to cultivate youth from their surrounding area, not shun them.
I think most 4 or 5* kids from Washington prefers playing in the Pac-12 that is why u rarely see them commit to Gonzaga.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Throwdown":2qt86nop said:
Isn't gonzaga a religious school?

Yes. It's a Catholic School.

All the WCC schools are religiously affiliated.