Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Golden State Warriors

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Golden State Warriors
Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:11 pm
  • Going for the record tonight. 16-0! I love this team-I started following them a few years ago when Steph was on the rise. Who would've thought what they would accomplish.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Golden State Warriors
Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:15 pm
  • Pretty unreal offense out of 'em. Those 3s, tho.

Kinda a recurring theme among Spurs fandom -- Screw the rest of the league, how do we play the Warriors?

Putting Kawhi on a dude can stop the bleeding a bit, but can't Kawhi everyone.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:40 pm
  • What happens first: warriors lose or 76ers win?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:56 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:What happens first: warriors lose or 76ers win?

Oh, man, that's a tough call. On one hand, it's easier to slack off a game or two and rest guys than it is to suddenly get better than terrible for a game or two.

On the other hand, those schedules... Uh, let's go with 76ers over Lakers.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:37 pm
  • TravTex wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:What happens first: warriors lose or 76ers win?

Oh, man, that's a tough call. On one hand, it's easier to slack off a game or two and rest guys than it is to suddenly get better than terrible for a game or two.

On the other hand, those schedules... Uh, let's go with 76ers over Lakers.

Good call.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:51 pm
  • When do they send out my Genius Sports Analyst check?

Man, this year's going to be an out of this world Kobe chuck-fest. 4-17 from 3 point land? Hahahaha!
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:31 am
  • Back to Golden State....caught some of their game last night.... Good show. Like the 80s Warriors but with more balance.

Fun team
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:14 am
  • Heard a stat the other day...if Curry stays on the pace he is on this year, he will have more 3s made the past two seasons than Larry Bird made his entire career. Insane.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:06 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:Heard a stat the other day...if Curry stays on the pace he is on this year, he will have more 3s made the past two seasons than Larry Bird made his entire career. Insane.

It's simply amazing watching him play most nights. He doesn't even get minutes in most fourth quarters anymore because he's dropping 25 in the third alone and they're up by 30. He played with one of my buddies growing up so I've gotten to meet him a couple times, just a real cool, humble guy.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:30 pm
  • Wow. 23-0 now. They had a 32 point lead tonight and the lead dwindled down but they held on. Just incredible.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:20 am
  • Hate the NBA (love you, Sonics), but Steph Curry looks to be the best player since MJ. Dude doesn't even play the fourth quarter and puts up monster numbers.
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:16 pm
  • First loss is to the Bucks. Once Barnes gets back they'll be even more dangerous. I could see them having another huge streak again this season.
    marko358
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:36 pm
  • Losing to the Bucks . . . AGAIN. Wow.
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:54 pm
  • hawknation2015 wrote:Losing to the Bucks . . . AGAIN. Wow.

WERE losing anyway.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:11 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    hawknation2015 wrote:Losing to the Bucks . . . AGAIN. Wow.

WERE losing anyway.

They turned it around at the end but really had to work for it. Bucks did a good job protecting the three-point line and getting the ball out of Curry's hands. They were also doing a nice job penetrating into the paint against a usually stingy Warriors' defense.
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:02 pm
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:57 am
  • hawknation2015 wrote:Image

What's crazy is that San Antonio is 7th on that list at .824... and no one is really talking about them.

It's cool that we could potentially see two of the best teams in NBA history in the same year.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:53 am
  • Somehow, uttering the following, Curry unleashed a tempest of local fury: "Obviously, walking in that locker room, it'll be good memories. Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like champagne."

On its face, perhaps a statement about returning to the site of a fond memory, the time Golden State finally won a championship. It was a celebration interim coach Luke Walton called "one of the greatest moments we've had in our lives." When put in a headline and combined with the word "Cleveland" though, it was taken as an affront.

According to Cleveland.com, Cavs players found Curry's comment "disrespectful." LeBron James exited his Monday shootaround asking reporters why no one had asked about Curry's comment and saying that he had an answer for it.

If James indeed had an answer, it wasn't on the court. Again, he was inefficient against Golden State's long, switching defense, getting only 16 points on 16 shots and finishing minus-35 over his 33-minute stint. That minus-35 mark qualifies as the worst of his entire long, storied career.

http://espn.go.com/blog/golden-state-wa ... -cavaliers

LOL

hawknation2015
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:04 am
  • After slaughtering the Spurs by 30, Warriors are now projected to match Bulls' NBA-best 72 wins:

hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:53 am
  • Going into the All-Star break, the Warriors -- led by Carroll disciple and Seahawks supporter Steve Kerr -- are off to the best start in NBA history with just four losses in their first 52 games.

The Warriors are now projected to best the Bulls record of 72 wins:
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nba-picks/

hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:57 am
  • hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:08 pm
  • hawknation2016 wrote:

Good lord!
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:28 pm
  • Smurf wrote:
    hawknation2016 wrote:

Good lord!

As this point, I'm pretty sure most people watching that knew it was going in as soon as he shot it. Dude has been unreal this year, and his shooting percentage beyond 30 feet is ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

I know the NBA is "soft" these days (can't play as physical on defense), but even if you miss the good old days, you have to appreciate Curry's talent.
    Alexander
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:52 pm
  • Alexander wrote:
    Smurf wrote:
    hawknation2016 wrote:

Good lord!

As this point, I'm pretty sure most people watching that knew it was going in as soon as he shot it. Dude has been unreal this year, and his shooting percentage beyond 30 feet is ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

I know the NBA is "soft" these days (can't play as physical on defense), but even if you miss the good old days, you have to appreciate Curry's talent.

I think he's a great shooter without a doubt.The thing that bothers me is basically it's the Triangle offense the same one Kerr played as a Bull but it's the Triangle@the 3 pt line at full blast.This offense works so great as nobody really plays defense anymore,all you have to do is look at the scores.I would love to see Larry Bird and Calvin Murphy playing on the GS team,they would average 30 pts as well and I might as well add Kerr to that list thats missing a lot of guys who would do great.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:40 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Alexander wrote:
    Smurf wrote:
    hawknation2016 wrote:

Good lord!

I think he's a great shooter without a doubt.The thing that bothers me is basically it's the Triangle offense the same one Kerr played as a Bull but it's the Triangle@the 3 pt line at full blast.This offense works so great as nobody really plays defense anymore,all you have to do is look at the scores.I would love to see Larry Bird and Calvin Murphy playing on the GS team,they would average 30 pts as well and I might as well add Kerr to that list thats missing a lot of guys who would do great.

The "no defense" thing is overblown. Teams don't play defense as well inside, particularly against slashers, but it's not like they're just letting guys take shots from the three point line. I don't see how the defensive rotation on the perimeter is significantly worse than it used to be.

What Curry is doing this season is absolutely insane, particularly when he's making bomb shots at the buzzer with dudes in his face. He was well defended on that OKC winner and it wasn't a desperate heave, it was a legitimate shot. The guy has hit on five times as many of these long range range shots as any other player any other season at roughly 50% success rate. He's destroying teams by shooting his threes off the dribble, half of the time when someone is right on top of him.

It's not just the offense or the other guys on his team. If he keeps up a reasonable percentage of what he's been doing he's going to eclipse Reggie Miller and Ray Allen as the most amazing shooter in NBA history. If he keeps playing defense and has his complete game together he could be one of the greatest players ever.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:51 am
  • But the Curry phenomenon is different because of his size — he is a sinewy 6 feet 3 inches, 190 pounds — and because of the way in which he dominates games by scoring far from the basket, somehow stretching the court beyond its conceivable limits.

It may be more useful to look beyond basketball, to two athletes who redefined their respective sports: Wayne Gretzky, hockey’s goal-scoring wizard, and Babe Ruth, the legendary home-run hitter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/sport ... stics.html

Warriors President and Chief of Operations Rick Welts grew up in Seattle, went to the University of Washington, and worked his way from ball boy to director of public relations when the SuperSonics won their NBA Championship in 1979.
    hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:22 pm
  • Warriors home winning streak ends at 54 after loss to Boston tonight.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:32 am
  • This Celtics team is pretty fun too watch. They have the all Tacoma backcourt in Bradley and Isaiah Thomas. I'll be rooting for them once the playoffs come around.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:43 pm
  • According to our “CARM-Elo” forecast model, the Warriors’ probability of winning 73 or more games is down to just 54.6 percent — the loss to Boston dinged Golden State’s chances of making history by about 31 percentage points.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how ... f-73-wins/
    hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:03 pm
  • hawknation2016 wrote:
    According to our “CARM-Elo” forecast model, the Warriors’ probability of winning 73 or more games is down to just 54.6 percent — the loss to Boston dinged Golden State’s chances of making history by about 31 percentage points.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how ... f-73-wins/

They'll still get to 73 IMO. Would be really surprised to see them lose another game at home this year, so that gives them 72 wins.. then they'd have to either beat a depleted Grizzlies team in Memphis or a Spurs team that may just not give a rats ass about the outcome of the game.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:51 pm
  • Go Blazers....ahem...
    LegionHawk12
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:32 pm
  • 73 wins looking very dicey now after the Warriors fall in OT to the Timberwolves. They have to win their last 4 games, including 2 dates with San Antonio.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:40 pm
  • They aren't handling the pressure very well. Tbh, I think this entire "going for 73 wins" thing will hurt them in the end. For one, they aren't resting their guys while teams like SA , Cleveland and OKC are resting players on certain games. And rather than getting in the mindset for the playoffs, they're getting too focused on winning what are essentially meaningless NBA games late in the season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:11 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:They aren't handling the pressure very well. Tbh, I think this entire "going for 73 wins" thing will hurt them in the end. For one, they aren't resting their guys while teams like SA , Cleveland and OKC are resting players on certain games. And rather than getting in the mindset for the playoffs, they're getting too focused on winning what are essentially meaningless NBA games late in the season.

Agreed.. I honestly believe they should scrap the chase now and sit guys. The playoffs are the far more important goal now.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:14 pm
  • This is the game for all the marbles.

Go Spurs Go!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:12 pm
  • Say what you will, but the Warriors have beaten the Spurs twice this week.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:17 am
  • Warriors join 1995-96 Bulls in 72-win club with one left for history

http://espn.go.com/blog/golden-state-wa ... or-history

hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:10 am
  • I now understand why people hate the Seahawks for no real reason. I am getting that same feeling, but for the Warriors. All their players are likable and they play the game the way the right way, yet I find myself hating them for being so good.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:29 pm
  • Well they will likely break the record Wednesday, really great accomplishment. I still think the 1996 and 1997 Bulls teams were the greatest of all-time but what the Warriors have done this year (even if Memphis were to spoil the party) is truly remarkable.

Hawk-Lock wrote:I now understand why people hate the Seahawks for no real reason. I am getting that same feeling, but for the Warriors. All their players are likable and they play the game the way the right way, yet I find myself hating them for being so good.

I love watching them play.. Curry is such a special talent. I get where people would start to get turned off by them though since the media has been talking about 73 wins since they started the year 5-0.

I think more people hate the Seahawks because of our fan base and the "2012's" .. which absolutely is a thing. And those fans are usually pretty insufferable for the most part.. so I get it. I think the Warriors hate derives from the media fawning over their every move.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:09 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Well they will likely break the record Wednesday, really great accomplishment. I still think the 1996 and 1997 Bulls teams were the greatest of all-time but what the Warriors have done this year (even if Memphis were to spoil the party) is truly remarkable.

Hawk-Lock wrote:I now understand why people hate the Seahawks for no real reason. I am getting that same feeling, but for the Warriors. All their players are likable and they play the game the way the right way, yet I find myself hating them for being so good.

I love watching them play.. Curry is such a special talent. I get where people would start to get turned off by them though since the media has been talking about 73 wins since they started the year 5-0.

I think more people hate the Seahawks because of our fan base and the "2012's" .. which absolutely is a thing. And those fans are usually pretty insufferable for the most part.. so I get it. I think the Warriors hate derives from the media fawning over their every move.

Yeah I think some of my hate has to due with the never-ending media coverage of them. It just gets tiresome, similar to the whole Carolina Panthers undefeated thing from a few months ago. And yes their fans at times do remind me of our fans. GS fans just act like they are the underdog all the time and that "nobody shows us respect." Seahawk fans do the same. Yes that was the case years ago, but not anymore. Stop trying to pull a "Doug Baldwin," no one thinks that you guys suck anymore!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:28 pm
  • I don't hate the warriors, but I do hope somebody beats them in the playoffs.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:18 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I don't hate the warriors, but I do hope somebody beats them in the playoffs.

Thats kinda hating.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:39 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Yeah I think some of my hate has to due with the never-ending media coverage of them. It just gets tiresome, similar to the whole Carolina Panthers undefeated thing from a few months ago. And yes their fans at times do remind me of our fans. GS fans just act like they are the underdog all the time and that "nobody shows us respect." Seahawk fans do the same. Yes that was the case years ago, but not anymore. Stop trying to pull a "Doug Baldwin," no one thinks that you guys suck anymore!

The thing I've never understood is why Spurs fans play the "no respect" card after what.. about 20 years of consistent success? :lol:

I think every fan base has its share of good fans and fans you can't stand. Such is sports really.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:19 am
  • Pretty amazing year. Curry doesn't just lead the league in three-pointers; he also leads the league in layup percentage.

Last edited by hawknation2016 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:30 am
  • This is the first year in awhile I'm actually interested in the NBA playoffs. The Warriors are so much fun to watch. Spurs are consistent every year and I love seeing Pop's interviews. I like the Celtics as well, just a bunch of young hard working guys. Would love to see them knock out the Cavs but that seems unlikely. Who knows though, that was a huge road win against GS.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:36 pm

• hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:00 pm
  • I'm so glad Kobe stole the Warriors thunder last night. Lets be honest, everyone was watching Kobe going for 60 and the win over the Warriors beating the snot out of a pathetic Grizzlies team.

I'm just not a big stats person. I could care less if the Panthers went 16-0 last year. Do you think Brady was happy about going 16-0 and then losing to the Giants in the SB a few years ago? If GS doesn't win it all, this season doesn't mean all that much.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:13 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm so glad Kobe stole the Warriors thunder last night. Lets be honest, everyone was watching Kobe going for 60 and the win over the Warriors beating the snot out of a pathetic Grizzlies team.

I'm just not a big stats person. I could care less if the Panthers went 16-0 last year. Do you think Brady was happy about going 16-0 and then losing to the Giants in the SB a few years ago? If GS doesn't win it all, this season doesn't mean all that much.

True, but they probably will win it all.
    Alexander
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:48 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm so glad Kobe stole the Warriors thunder last night. Lets be honest, everyone was watching Kobe going for 60 and the win over the Warriors beating the snot out of a pathetic Grizzlies team.

Actually, more people watched the Warriors.

According to Nielsen estimates, the Golden State Warriors’ victory over the Memphis Grizzlies to set the all-time NBA regular-season victory total averaged 3.65 million viewers on ESPN. At the same time on ESPN2, Kobe Bryant’s final game of a 20-year NBA career with the Los Angeles Lakers (against the Utah Jazz) averaged 3.46 million viewers.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/nba-rat ... 201753744/
    hawknation2016
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:21 pm
  • hawknation2016 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I'm so glad Kobe stole the Warriors thunder last night. Lets be honest, everyone was watching Kobe going for 60 and the win over the Warriors beating the snot out of a pathetic Grizzlies team.

Actually, more people watched the Warriors.

According to Nielsen estimates, the Golden State Warriors’ victory over the Memphis Grizzlies to set the all-time NBA regular-season victory total averaged 3.65 million viewers on ESPN. At the same time on ESPN2, Kobe Bryant’s final game of a 20-year NBA career with the Los Angeles Lakers (against the Utah Jazz) averaged 3.46 million viewers.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/nba-rat ... 201753744/

Would be curious what the ratings were towards the end of Kobe's game though.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Next

It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information