Griffey jr elected to hall of fame

JSeahawks

Reaction score
My fav baseball player. Sounds like there's a possibility he may have beat Tom Seaver for being in the highest percentage of ballots in history.

Mike piazza also part of the class.

Laloosh

Reaction score
My first baseball card was Frank Thomas but my favorite was Jr. Glad to hear it, he was special.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Congrats to my favorite baseball player ever! What a stud.

The 3 voters who didn't vote for him should be stripped of their voting rights. Ridiculous.

getnasty

Reaction score
Might not have had the best career of all time, but hemight have been the best player of all time. Wish he could have stayed healthy and stayed in Seattle.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The GOAT

No you can't debate it with me cuz I stopped watching baseball when he left for cinci.

HawkGA

Reaction score
HawkFan72":atl5cv15 said:
The 3 voters who didn't vote for him should be stripped of their voting rights. Ridiculous.

No kidding.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Congrats Junior, you earned it! :th2thumbs:
Best 5 tool baseball player I've ever seen.

irocdave

Reaction score
Congrats to Griffey!! I was really hoping he would got every vote, but highest percentage ever works. I went to a ton of Mariner games starting at the beginning of the 95 season through 2002. When Shawn Kemp left town I thought my sports soul was crushed, but when Griffey left it was worth. To his credit he didn't leave for more money or larger market for personnel marketing reasons.

Just my opinion, but Griffey is the only Seattle based professional athlete to be nationally acknowledged as the best at their position and best player in their sport. Every kid that played baseball in the country tried to emulate that sweet, perfect graceful swing. They also tried to emulate that bat and hip timing wiggle.

I took my two young sons to the game Griffey hit his last homerun at Safeco. I wish I would have taken more pictures and or a video. They barely remember it know. At the time I told them that they will tell their sons about seeing Griffey play and seeing his last home run.

I hope we as Seattle sports fans get to witness the same type of greatness with RW. He's on the way, just needs to keep it up for another 6 years at or above the level he has been.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
My favorite baseball player by far.

Makes miss the old Ms, the kingdome, Dave Niehaus ...

Favorite Grif moment outside rounding 3rd to beat the Yankees?

chris98251

Reaction score
Not to bad for a kid that many said doesn't take the game seriously his rookie year, after all who wears a hat backwards and is always smiling and plays baseball like he's on the playground.

Tical21

Reaction score
There will never be another athlete I adore as much as Junior. I was 10 when he came up. That guy WAS my childhood. That swing. There will never be another homerun swing that pure. He just made it look so graceful. If he stayed healthy, we're talking about possibly the greatest career in the history of professional sports. Just so sad that he never got it back on track.