Ronda Rousey considered suicide after loss to Holly Holm

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rob12":2lmrifcy said:
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14785901/ronda-rousey-says-considered-suicide-loss-holly-holm

Hope she finds different avenues for her personal fulfillment. She's an awesome talent, but it's sad that what she does in a short period of time in the octagon completely defines who she is.
I hate to suggest this as I think they are way over used, but I think she needs to see a shrink.

This type of response/behavior happens when a conceited person gets knocked down a few pegs.
As a fellow human being I hope she gets the help she needs and learns a little humility along the way.

LegionHawk12

Reaction score
I hate seeing athletes define themselves completely by the sports they play. You only play high contact sports for a short period of time before it takes a toll on the body. Then what.. I hope she figures that out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
She will be a house wife and have children that should end her confusion..

253hawk

Reaction score
Now she's saying that the loss is "the best thing to ever happen" to her. Make up your mind already. What a headcase. She should be more upset that her entire legacy was defined by beating up on cans, not from losing one match to a legitimate fighter.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
253hawk":2prvljho said:
Now she's saying that the loss is "the best thing to ever happen" to her. Make up your mind already. What a headcase. She should be more upset that her entire legacy was defined by beating up on cans, not from losing one match to a legitimate fighter.

Right? I mean how could one's emotions regarding something seminal in their life change over an extended period of time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
253hawk":12c3g1al said:

Almost like people who fight for a living are wired differently than normal people.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Mike Tyson didn't deal with loss well either. I couldn't possibly relate because I've never been the best at anything but I'd imagine that feeling vulnerable for the first time is not easy.

253hawk

Reaction score
More mood swings than an emo teenager. Some role model. Not to mention all the piss-poor sportsmanship and juvenile social media trash talk. She probably wasn't even suicidal, she just said that to get some of her limelight back.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
253hawk":1jtkszwn said:
More mood swings than an emo teenager. Some role model. Not to mention all the piss-poor sportsmanship and juvenile social media trash talk. She probably wasn't even suicidal, she just said that to get some of her limelight back.

First of all the "suicidal" thing is so blown out of context. Watch the interview and listen to what she says. This woman was put up on a pedestal and her ego blew up.. she's not the first athlete to handle losing in a less than ideal manner, and she certainly will not be the last. The first time she ever really tasted defeat, it shook her up. Put her in a whole variety of emotions from feeling at her lowest to suddenly having an epiphany and wanting to start a family.

And again.. these people fight for a living. Failure to win takes on a whole different level for these athletes. They are simply just wired different than most people. Mix in a clearly fragile ego and you get what you have here with Rousey.