Anti Arena Agenda - Seattle Times

drdiags

Reaction score
What is the Times's agenda? Is it really concerned about the City not leveraging Key Arena or are they in the pockets of those opposing the Hansen plan? I still am not that sure it matters, since the NBA isn't heading back here anytime soon and I don't think the NHL-only option works for the Hansen group.

I guess there is some time remaining before the MOU expires but if I am Hansen I probably am thinking of other uses for my dough if the Times and their crew are going to be such obstructionists. Times can always say they had the region's best interest in mind and proceed to go rain on some other projects. Seem like the leaders of the People with better things to do.

Schultz is the devil.

chris98251

Reaction score
They are Mariners puppets, the biggest obstruction to the Arena in Sodo, they lobbied the Port as well against the project.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Subzero717":2c7sdnsa said:
Luckily no one reads the newspaper anymore.

Old people who vote do.

I'm tired of the whole ordeal, it's exhausting. I can't believe Hansen hasn't told them to forgot the whole thing, he's had enough of this nonsense.

Dude buys all the land, all he's asking for is a small portion of bond money THAT WILL BE REPAID WITH INTEREST and a road easement from the port to bring 20-30 millionaires to Seattle to spend money, pay taxes AND create jobs for the next 50 years in a new arena.

And all he gets is "nope, gotta jump through 200 more hoops and kiss more council member ass."

drdiags

Reaction score
chris98251":1sm2s2xb said:
They are Mariners puppets, the biggest obstruction to the Arena in Sodo, they lobbied the Port as well against the project.

Thanks. I had forgot about the Mariners and their objections to the project. I figured the Times were in the Port's pocket and forgot about the Mariners being afraid of losing a share of the pie with increased competition for entertainment dollars.

I need Seatown81 back to keep me in line.