Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Hawker wrote:I think we have a chance catching Baltimore. We play Houston and could and should knock them out of the running with a series win there. Detroit is the team I feel we are most likely to lose a WC spot to. But they do have a difficult stretch of teams to close out their year (they play KC/CLE/ATL in comparison to our schedule: MIN/HOU/OAK).

Two last place teams and the one in front of us in the division; can't ask for better set table than that.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• It's going to be real close at the end if we get a streak going..GO M'S!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Up 8-0 top of 7th. Paxton looking great to this point.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Well we did our part today. Baltimore came back to win. Detroit won. Houston is about to lose and Toronto beat the Yankees.

Yankees are done, so one less team to worry about.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Pax has been showing he is the real deal..We are lucky to have him and thats 2 spots filled solid for next year.I dunno what Kumo's status will be otherwise would be 3.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thank You K-Rod!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• un effing believable to not bunt right there with 2 men on and 0 outs. Screw you Servais. SCREW YOU. I freaking called it.

So pathetic...............Mariners. Baseball. So undeserving to play baseball in October.....just cannot believe we did not bunt in that situation. I can't believe it.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Yeah bad showing by the M's. Really thought we were going to make the rally in the 9th.

On a good note, just turned on MLB Network to watch Gregerson blow a two run lead vs the Angels.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Glad Clevenger got canned and with no pay. This should definitely improve moral in the club house. Go, M's!

No place for a racist jerk on the team.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Seafan wrote:Glad Clevenger got canned and with no pay. This should definitely improve moral in the club house. Go, M's!

Oh god and the most overused word in the Englihsh language strikes again. Please explain how anything he said is racist
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Seafan wrote:Glad Clevenger got canned and with no pay. This should definitely improve moral in the club house. Go, M's!

Oh god and the most overused word in the Englihsh language strikes again. Please explain how anything he said is racist

Let it go, guys. Let it go.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Seafan wrote:Glad Clevenger got canned and with no pay. This should definitely improve moral in the club house. Go, M's!

Take it to the PM's. We will not be having a race/political argument on these forums.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Must win for the M's today. Walker needs to throw a gem.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Gained a game on Detroit, other than that, everyone else won.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• And the M's get it done with a great 4-3 victory to move to 2.5 games back behind Baltimore now. Baltimore's won 3 in a row and are playing really good ball now though. On to Houston!
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Baltimore has 6 away games left, at Toronto then at New York. If we are to get into a tie, we need them to go 3-3, while we go 6-1, Detroit would also have to go 5-2 (or worse) against Cleveland and Atlanta (interleague series to end the year? horrible idea, schedule makers)
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Starter

• Our chances aren't great. 2.5 GB with only 7 games left leaves us little room for error. Like Hawker mentioned, we probably have to go 6-1, might be able to get away with 5-2. Hate that Detroit ends with the awful Braves.

For the next week I'm a big M's fan, but also a big fan of the Indians, Blue Jays, Braves and Yankees.

I pretty much know how this will end, very similar to two years ago. Unfortunately you don't get any brownie points for almost making the playoffs. This season would be no different than any of the past 14 duds we've had. And to assume we build off this years success would be premature:

2014: We went 87-75, next year we went 76-86
    2009: We went 85-77, next year we went 61-101
    2007: We went 88-74, next year we went 61-101

That's what is so frustrating about this franchise, it can never put together consistency over consecutive years.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Don't do us dirty Diaz
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• CANO!!! You beautiful human being! Crushed!!! My goodness what a BOMB
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Rookie closer in high pressure situation. Hope he learns going forward. He might have to close a playoff game. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Great game..Diaz not so much but the kid is a rookie and he will be ok more times than Cishek ever was.GO M'S!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Marte sucks so bad. He just cost us two runs. Finding a SS will be a top priority this offseason.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Wow this inning sucks.

2 runs on an error and now bases loaded on an error and no hustle.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Marte sucks so bad. He just cost us two runs. Finding a SS will be a top priority this offseason.

Make that 4 runs now.

If we miss out on the playoffs by a half game I'll remember this inning for a long time. You can't make there mistakes when you are in a playoff hunt.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Marte sucks so bad. He just cost us two runs. Finding a SS will be a top priority this offseason.

Nah they'll keep him. They will say they see "some potential". Just like with Cishek and Vincent. Doesn't seem to matter how bad you are, once you've made the bigs you get all the chances in the world
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Screw marte for not flipping to cano. You don't run to second base from short stop then throw to first. It's like impossible with that kind of momentum. Too tough of a play. I bet cano is laughing on the inside. Also the reply showed Lind got to the base first in 2 of the angles.

Cursed.

Also you can't miss the playoffs by a half game.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

I've been saying Marte is trash all year long. Jim Moore even brought this up on 710 this afternoon.

By the way, the starting SS for next year is already on the roster, and should've been starting for months now. #O'Malley
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Felix has really struggled in big games. He gets 4 runs and can't make it hold up, sad to see him slippin.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Assuming they lose, and considering they're down 4 going into their last at bat it's very likely, this loss is going to hurt even worse cuz the Orioles lost. Could've been one game out. :(
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• We are fortunate the O's have a tough schedule and are playing bad ball in September. Still a chance but we'll need to get to within 1 game before the weekend. Win out...

I hope Marte is benched in favor of O'Malley for the remainder of the season, which hopefully, does not end on Sunday.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Starter

• Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Marte sucks so bad. He just cost us two runs. Finding a SS will be a top priority this offseason.

I've been saying Marte is trash all year long. Jim Moore even brought this up on 710 this afternoon.

By the way, the starting SS for next year is already on the roster, and should've been starting for months now. #O'Malley

He's awful. Everyone loved him early in the season. I think people in Seattle want to root for the kid who came up through the farm system, too bad Seager is the only hitter who has had success through the farm system in the last 10 years for us. This team can't produce an offensive player, period.

Marte just sucks. Look at his numbers. He can't hit for average. Doesn't walk, so he doesn't get on base. He has little to no power as shown by his SLG and OPS. And is an average fielder at best.

Pretty much a must win today. I really like Detroit's chances of making it. While they do play Cleveland now, they finish up against the Braves. Not to mention Cleveland just clinched and are dealing with some injuries to their pitching staff. I think we pretty much have to win out. I don't even know if 4-1 would get us in at this point.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Felix has really struggled in big games. He gets 4 runs and can't make it hold up, sad to see him slippin.

While I don't disagree with your general sentiment that Felix seems to be slipping, as in, not the dominant pitcher he once was, you do realize that 4 of the 6 runs Houston scored in that inning were UNearned runs due to 2 defensive errors?

In other words, not the pitchers fault.

Felix got a hitter to hit into what should have been a pretty easy, routine double play. Unfortunately, Marte blew it. If Marte turns that double play, we are likely having an entirely different conversation today.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Marte sucks so bad. He just cost us two runs. Finding a SS will be a top priority this offseason.

He's awful. Everyone loved him early in the season. I think people in Seattle want to root for the kid who came up through the farm system, too bad Seager is the only hitter who has had success through the farm system in the last 10 years for us. This team can't produce an offensive player, period.

Marte or O'Malley?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Up 7-1 in the 5th with Paxton pitching so looks like a W today.

EDIT: May have spoken too soon. Now 7-4 bottom of 6, no outs and 'Stros have tying run coming to the plate.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I get the Marte blame but Felix in a game this big has to come through.He is just not the same,I hope the offseason brings clarity as to why that is.I'm pissed that we have given chances away to take that playoff spot.DAMMIT
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Oh todays playing now?GO PAX!!!..GO M'S!!!...PLEASSSSEEE!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• 12-4 YESSS!!!Live another day baby......
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• In May when the Mariners were in 1st place, I decided to subscribe to mlb.tv. Unfortunately immediately afterwards they got swept by the Twins and went into a tailspin (my bad, guys). After 3 weeks I canceled it and they suddenly got better. Now I just wake up every morning and check my phone to see if the Mariners won. They seem to win a lot except when Felix pitches.

So with that said, why does it seem Felix really struggles in every big game he pitches in? Happened during the 2014 stretch run too.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• So I have to be a Yankees fan this weekend?

Baseball sucks.
    Colin Kaepernick is a great person, something that the NFL is sorely lacking.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Great win! The bats really alive today and what a way to battle back following the disappointing loss last night. 1.5 back of Baltimore, 4 to play. Probably need a sweep of Oakland. Going to be very interesting!
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Erebus wrote:In May when the Mariners were in 1st place, I decided to subscribe to mlb.tv. Unfortunately immediately afterwards they got swept by the Twins and went into a tailspin (my bad, guys). After 3 weeks I canceled it and they suddenly got better. Now I just wake up every morning and check my phone to see if the Mariners won. They seem to win a lot except when Felix pitches.

So with that said, why does it seem Felix really struggles in every big game he pitches in? Happened during the 2014 stretch run too.

He's only 30 but because he's thrown so many professional innings since he was 19, his arm is slowly tiring out-which is why he struggled the end of the '14 playoff chase also. He's been very durable but throwing 200+ innings every year for over a decade just takes its toll. Some guys can keep going longer but others can't. Just a physiological thing more than anything else. Koufax was done at 32 after logging similar inning workloads. Nolan Ryan was an anomaly.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Damn, O's with a win in the 9th. That sucks!
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Yup. O's and Detroit both won. Damn damn damn!!! Need them both to lose at least 2 of the next 4 and we have to sweep this 4 game series with the A's. Fingers, toes, arms, legs crossed :?
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• damn...

well, here we go ladies and gentlemen. Same as 2 years ago...need a sweep AND some luck.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:damn...

well, here we go ladies and gentlemen. Same as 2 years ago...need a sweep AND some luck.

Yeah we will definitely need some luck. Crazy to think we can finish the season 6-1 and still could miss the playoffs. Baltimore coming back to win last night really hurt.

Tbh, I just don't see Detroit falling apart and losing 2 of their last 4. Cleveland is really struggling with injuries, and it seems like they've taken their foot off the gas now that they've clinched.

Orioles I can definitely see dropping 2 of 4, but what good does it do if they drop 2 of 4 but Detroit doesn't.

The NL Wildcard race is the exact opposite. It is as if the Mets, Cards and Giants don't want to make the playoffs. Cards have lost 2 of 3 at home to the awful Reds, and last night they had the game tying run on 3rd with no outs in the 9th, and couldn't get him in.

If we don't make the playoffs i'll be disappointed.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Here is the thing. In baseball it's a 160 game season so it's supposedly no big deal when you lose a few games here or there. Take a look now....those here or there losses count as to whether you get in the playoffs or not.

People have been saying the Seahawks can afford to lose their game Sunday. I say BULLSHIT, it is a 16 game schedule.

Regardless, the M's put themselves in this position for a LOT of reasons.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information