Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    Erebus wrote:In May when the Mariners were in 1st place, I decided to subscribe to mlb.tv. Unfortunately immediately afterwards they got swept by the Twins and went into a tailspin (my bad, guys). After 3 weeks I canceled it and they suddenly got better. Now I just wake up every morning and check my phone to see if the Mariners won. They seem to win a lot except when Felix pitches.

So with that said, why does it seem Felix really struggles in every big game he pitches in? Happened during the 2014 stretch run too.

He's only 30 but because he's thrown so many professional innings since he was 19, his arm is slowly tiring out-which is why he struggled the end of the '14 playoff chase also. He's been very durable but throwing 200+ innings every year for over a decade just takes its toll. Some guys can keep going longer but others can't. Just a physiological thing more than anything else. Koufax was done at 32 after logging similar inning workloads. Nolan Ryan was an anomaly.

I get the dead arm thing but if there is no damage he can do stuff to make it stronger,I dunno if he really works out by the looks of it.Sandy K is not a good compare.He was pitching with horrible elbow pain for the last 5 years he played
    5 era titles,4 Cy Youngs,4 no hitters..He was throwing major heat till the end and Nolan was too at 46 yrs old.Felix is the best pitcher the Mariners have had for a long time but he doing things that indicate something is wrong like those walks
    and I just hope it can be fixed for next year otherwise it might be near the end.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Tigers game got postponed due to weather.

Orioles beat the Blue Jays.

We need a win to keep pace.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• No score after 3.5 innings. Neither team seem interested in getting anything going offensively. For crying out loud, Ms, anything short of a sweep just isn't going to be enough.
    F E E L I N G L I K E 2 0 1 3 A L L O V E R A G A I N !
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

• Listening on the radio... top of the 9th. If Diaz blows another one, I'd strip him of closer duties. Cishek has been far more consistent this month.

Also, slight knock on Servais... every game is a playoff game - why not have someone warming up in the pen at the first sign of trouble?

Hope Diaz can get out of the jam. Must win.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Starter

• And then Diaz strikes out the side. NICE!

(phew!)

If we win out, we just need Baltimore and/or Toronto to lose their weekend series.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Starter

• Gotta give it to the Orioles for continuing to win as well....so far anyway......
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Hawker wrote:And then Diaz strikes out the side. NICE!

(phew!)

If we win out, we just need Baltimore and/or Toronto to lose their weekend series.

Yeah that was a close one. :laugh:

btw, nunez was warming up, I believe
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Intersting that Toronto is now tied with Baltimore. Toronto has a real tough series at Fenway. Boston is going to be going for home-field advantage. They could very well go 1-2 or 0-3. Who knows what to expect with Baltimore at the Yankees. How crazy would that be if only one team made the playoffs from the AL East. I have a tough time seeing Detroit dropping more than one. They get the worst team in baseball and then a make-up game against the Indians in what could be a meaningless game for them.

Ok Taijuan, don't let us down. Probably one of the biggest games of his career tomorrow. It's really too bad we couldn't beat the Astros on Tuesday. Decent chance that game costs us playoffs.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Good clutch win for the M's tonight. Nice bomb by Zunino and solid pitching from everyone. Need to take care of business and win all 3 left to just have a chance. Elimination number down to 2. They can do it though.

To force at least a game 163 tiebreaker, Balt or Tor need to lose 2 out of 3 and Det needs to lose 1 out of 4. Bizarre things have happened many times before in the final weekend of the season but the M's have to keep fighting and sweep Oak to have any shot. Walker's up next. Get it done!
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, Toronto losing to Baltimore was actually probably better for us. Now we have two teams that we can catch up to.

Sweeping the As would mean that we just need a series loss from one of them. Winning three of four from the As means one of them would have to get swept. Basically, keep winning, and we have a decent shot at getting game 163 out of the season.
    Colin Kaepernick is a great person, something that the NFL is sorely lacking.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Smelly McUgly wrote:Yeah, Toronto losing to Baltimore was actually probably better for us. Now we have two teams that we can catch up to.

Sweeping the As would mean that we just need a series loss from one of them. Winning three of four from the As means one of them would have to get swept. Basically, keep winning, and we have a decent shot at getting game 163 out of the season.

I think you forgot about Detroit. We would need them to lose at least one of their final games, unless both Baltimore and Toronto lose at least 2 out of 3.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• So what happens if we tie with Toronto, Baltimore and Detroit? Or a three way tie?
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:So what happens if we tie with Toronto, Baltimore and Detroit? Or a three way tie?

In short, multiple tiebreaker games. All would count as regular season.

Don't quote me on this, but I've read that in the event of a 3 way tie for the 2nd berth, Sea would play the winner of Det-Balt at Seattle. The winner would be the 2nd wildcard.

4 way tie would be really wild, albeit unlikely.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• ^^^ thanks for the info West TX Hawk.

Detroit already smacking Atlanta. Up 3-0 early. Boston out to an early 1-0 lead over Toronto, and the Baltimore game is scoreless. Some pretty bad weather on the eastcoast, hopefully they can finish them tonight.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• So Detroit needs to lose 1 more game. Toronto and Baltimore needs to lose 2 more games. Wow, long shot.
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• Ugh not looking good for us so far. Detroit is going to win. Baltimore is going to win. Boston still up 1-0 against Toronto.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Ugh not looking good for us so far. Detroit is going to win. Baltimore is going to win. Boston still up 1-0 against Toronto.

Not looking good at all. That's the problem with leaving it up to other teams than taking it for yourself. They had plenty of opportunities down the stretch to make up ground and failed. And it seemed the games we lost, the teams we were chasing lost as well, kinda keeping us all close. Just a bummer again. Gonna miss the wild card by a game or two depending on the next two games. Have to wait another year. Ugh....
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• I did forget about Detroit.

Not a great night, but assuming the Ms hold on, that is most important. Toronto lost, so assuming the Ms sweep, we just need Toronto and Detroit to drop another game apiece, right?
    Last edited by Smelly McUgly on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Colin Kaepernick is a great person, something that the NFL is sorely lacking.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Wow how huge was that series in Toronto? I mean Seattle

Please Atlanta just win once
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:Wow how huge was that series in Toronto? I mean Seattle

Please Atlanta just win once

They also play Cleveland on Monday because yesterday's game got rained out. Lets just hope Cleveland has something to play for by then. Unfortunately, Yanks are shutting down Tanaka, so he won't even start tomorrow against Baltimore. I don't see Baltimore losing their last two games, so at this point, yeah, we need to hope for another Toronto loss and at least one more Detroit loss which I think will happen. I'm confident in us sweeping Oakland.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Wild Card Teams GB

Baltimore 88 72 W3
    Toronto 87 73 L3
    Detroit 86 73 - 0.5 W3
    Seattle 86 74 -1.0 W3

Ok guys it's really getting interesting now. Another great win tonight to stay alive and just 1 game back of Toronto. If the M's win both of their final games and Detroit and Toronto lose 1 game, M's would force a tiebreaker game. Baltimore need not be considered at all under that scenario.

Detroit has 3 games left so maybe Cleveland can beat them on Monday. While it's possible the M's could lose 1, that would require Toronto to lose both of their final 2 games and Detroit losing twice. It's also possible Baltimore could drop their final 2 and everything could get bizarre, but no matter what, Seattle has to take care of business Sat and Sun. Their elimination number is 2, so if they lose once and Toronto wins, M's are eliminated. Iwakuma on the hill tomorrow.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Toronto is done...think there is a real problem in the locker room...too many egos I suppose. Hoping the M's get in over the Tigers.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• I agree with Cyrus, I don't like Toronto's chances at all.

I think today is the best chance Detroit has at dropping a game. Jordan Zimmerman is pitching for them, he's been pretty bad all year, and is making his first start since injuring himself a few weeks ago. Verlander most likely pitches for Detroit tomorrow. Although Atlanta does send their ace, Tehran, to the mound tomorrow. Unfortunately I think the game on Monday might be useless for Cleveland. At this point, we need to be rooting for Cleveland everyday, so that Monday game will be meaningful.

Very slim chance Baltimore drops their last two games, but take it one game at a time I guess. On a good note, Miley starts tonight. Too bad Yanks shutdown Tanaka.

Happ pitches for Toronto against Rodriguez who has been horrible this year. Tomorrow is a matchup of aces, Price vs Sanchez.

Get it done today Iwakuma. Why couldn't we play like this all year? Just noticed, we send King Felix to the mound on Sunday. Normally I'd feel great about him in a spot like this, but not this year.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Yankees up 7-3 on the Orioles in the bottom of the 8th.

Edit: It's now a final, 7-3 Yankees.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SeatownJay wrote:Yankees up 7-3 on the Orioles in the bottom of the 8th.

Edit: It's now a final, 7-3 Yankees.

Boston already up 2-0 early on Toronto!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Gosh damnit Marte!!! Way to chuck the ball into right field on a throw that had no chance
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Atlanta beats Detroit!

Need Boston to rally.

Ugh A's just scored. Kuma needs to find a way to get out of this inning without giving up anymore runs.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Not good....
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Boston ties it up, come on Seattle
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Get someone up in the pen please... NOW
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• despite having the best record on our pitching staff i still feel like kuma didn't really have a good year. He's up there in age, too....don't care to see him next year. Miranda looks good tho
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:despite having the best record on our pitching staff i still feel like kuma didn't really have a good year. He's up there in age, too....don't care to see him next year. Miranda looks good tho

Agreed. Iwakuma just hasn't been clutch. Really wish Servais went with Storen to start the 4th.

Need the bats to get going now.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• This is a must win. We lose this there is no tomorrow. At least that's what they just said on MLB network
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• ya this is a must win

don't care if Marte is gone next year either.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Marte Is bad! terrible at the plate, no pop, ton of errors... He can hit the road with Cishek and Vincent.
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Cano!!!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Great back to back at bats by Zineno and Marte. Mike swung at ball 4 twice. Marte looks lost as usual. So frusterating
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• I know good hitting catchers may be hard to find, but Zunino is starting to tease the Mendoza line. :(

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Well I sure butchered his name and didn't care to look it up before my post. Drats!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Cruz!!!

I don't think I've cheered this loud for a Mariner play in years!
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Yes yes YEEEEES WOOHOOOO
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• wow this kinda feels like playoff baseball
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Cishek did not just do that....
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Frigging Seashit!
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Oh my two favorite players strike twice tonight. First Vincent giving up a bomb and now this stupid clown Cishek BLOWING IT! Nothing comes easy with this guy ever. I hate him and he STINKS!!!! Not an MLB pitcher! Been saying it all year long and he bites us in the arse in another HUGE game. What a joke
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

• Lol almost threw a wild pitch on that intentional walk. What a clown.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• At least Diaz stopped the bleeding. Now we need a miracle from the bottom of the order.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information