OKC part owner Aubrey McClendon indicted (Recently Deceased)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14880 ... ng-charges

Oklahoma City Thunder part owner Aubrey McClendon has been charged with conspiring to rig bids for the purchase of oil and natural gas leases in northwest Oklahoma, the Department of Justice announced Tuesday.

The indictment alleges McClendon "orchestrated a conspiracy between two large oil and gas companies to not bid against each other for the purchase of certain oil and natural gas leases in northwest Oklahoma." According to the indictment, the conspiracy ran from December 2007 to March 2012, during which the conspirators would decide ahead of time who would win bids, with the winner then allocating an interest in the leases to the other company.

Leasehold interests usually include the right to develop the land and to extract oil and natural gas for a period of time, typically three to five years.

Each violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $1 million fine for individuals.

So one of the sleazy lying snakes who stole the Sonics is a crooked businessman too?

No way!!

Im shocked

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2s5u4ulg said:
http://kfor.com/2016/03/02/police-former-ceo-of-chesapeake-aubrey-mcclendon-killed-in-car-accident/

He just died. WTF :shock:

Opps, sorry just saw your post Hawk-Lock

Sounds like a suicide to me. The police said he basically went straight into a wall, and he was going at a really high speed. Not to mention he was indicted the day before.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
From the ESPN article.

"He pretty much drove straight into the wall," Balderrama said. "The information out there at the scene is that he went left of center, went through a grassy area right before colliding into the embankment. There was plenty of opportunity for him to correct and get back on the roadway and that didn't occur."
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14886 ... indictment

Terrible human being finally has his terribleness catch up with him, and he takes the cowards way out.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Wow. What an unexpected turn. I was going to post the initial indictment news yesterday as a bit of schadenfreude, but didn't.

Despite well-deserved ignominy from all Seattle (and really, all conscientious) sports fans, I hope that we can at least agree that this is a terrible blow to his family.

Stunning to see it unravel this way.

soohawk

Reaction score
Its pathetically sad what some people will do to get ahead in life. i hope he did not leave behind a wife and kids.

May God rest your soul.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmmm coincidence? I would look to Clay Bennett and check those brake lines.

chris98251

Reaction score
It smells, that type of scandal can bring a lot of people down.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Looks like he answered the question if he was guilty or not, GUILTY it is.
I hope he has some sunscreen with him, as it's going to be more than slightly warm where he is headed.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Condolences to his family, but the guy wasn't a great person.

These things are always really sad. And I usually always feel bad for the family. Not to switch subjects, but did anyone hear about Monty Williams' (former Pelicans coach and now the OKC assistant) wife dying in a car accident last month. Just so tragic. I think he had like 5 kids, I just felt so bad for Monty and his family.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Intentionally crashed his car into a concrete bridge pillar at a high rate of speed while wearing no seat belt . . . interesting way to go. :34853_doh:

Prayers for his family.

Chapow

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ry9g4hk said:
Our Man in Chicago":1ry9g4hk said:
A wife and three children.

Lets keep this in mind with the comments.

Sorry, but it sounds like this guy was a pretty shitty person. The fact that he would take his own life like this, knowing that it will probably mess up his wife and kids pretty bad, instead of sticking around to be held accountable for what he's done makes him even worse IMO.

The guy is a selfish coward.