Go Seahawks!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I had no idea there was another "Seahawks" out there...The UNC WIllmingham Seahawks. Right now they are up by 3 against Duke at halftime. Charles Barkley made a joke before the game saying the only way the Seahawks could beat Duke is if Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor and company show up :lol:

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2n1w98h6 said:
I had no idea there was another "Seahawks" out there...
Don't forget Anacortes.

thumb_category_Anacortes_Crest_for_ann.jpg

Anacortes_Sea_Hawk_patch.jpg

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/...cle_b7dce8a0-1923-5523-bfd1-1dc69c58ff8b.html

Go Hawks,
BillA

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1rzqli2x said:
I looked it up a few months ago, there are actually 7 or 8 colleges/universities called the Seahawks.

Wow! Might be a dumb question, but were they already named that before the Seattle Seahawks? I was under the impression that we created the name....

And I bet most people didn't know this. There are also the Seawolves....The Stonybrook Seawolves. Go Seawolves!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":tfhto4se said:
JSeahawks":tfhto4se said:
I looked it up a few months ago, there are actually 7 or 8 colleges/universities called the Seahawks.

Wow! Might be a dumb question, but were they already named that before the Seattle Seahawks? I was under the impression that we created the name....

I dont know the answer to that, but here's the list:

Broward College in Davey, Florida
Northwood College in West Palm Beach, Florida
St Marys in St Marys, Maryland
Salve Regina College, in Rhode Island
UNC Wilmington, in North Carolina
Wagner College, Staten Island, New York
Briarcliffe College in Sioux Falls, Iowa
Los Angeles Harbor College

All the Seahawks.

There are also 3 school mascots named after our cousin the River Hawk.

My personal favorite are the Campbell University Fighting Camels. And in Pehawks honor we have the Evergreen State College Geoducks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ted_States

dbmack

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2erobvbc said:
JSeahawks":2erobvbc said:

And I bet most people didn't know this. There are also the Seawolves....The Stonybrook Seawolves. Go Seawolves!
We aren't even the first professional team by that name. The Miami Seahawks were in 1946.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great info dbmack and jseahawks. And yes, the Evergreen Geoducks are also one of my favorite college mascots.

A

Anonymous

I was a BE Tiger, and we used to beat the crap out of the Seahawks. In my four years I think Anacortes beat Burlington-Edison once.