Congrats to the lady Dawgs - FINAL 4 !!!!!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Never in my lifetime did I think I'd say, "I can't believe the Huskies beat Kentucky to go to the Elite 8!" I know it's women's but still very impressive. Go Dawgs!

CPHawk

Reaction score
The other husky team is beating Miss St 79-19. The women's game needs some parity, before it can be truly taken seriously.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't know how UConn never seems to have a down year..I guess when Geno leaves they will crash to earth like Tenn did when Summit left..Congrats to the L Dawgs they can do what the men cannot.

Chapow

Reaction score
CPHawk":yrrn6z9n said:
The other husky team is beating Miss St 79-19. The women's game needs some parity, before it can be truly taken seriously.

The UConn program has been dominant for a long time now, but 2 of the 4 Elite 8 match ups are 4 seeds vs 7 seeds. UW is a 7 seed and is now in the Final Four and will playing either a 4 seed or a 7 seed in a national semifinal.

Funny thing is, the Elite 8 on the mens side featured 4 1 seeds, 2 2 seeds, a 6 seed, and a 10 seed. The women had more lower seeds in the elite 8 than the men, so I guess we should take the men's game even less seriously than the women's game since there is less parity on the men's side.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Women's basketball? Is this sort of like the intramural volleyball I used to play back at western oregon university?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chapow":10l53nw7 said:
CPHawk":10l53nw7 said:

The UConn program has been dominant for a long time now, but 2 of the 4 Elite 8 match ups are 4 seeds vs 7 seeds. UW is a 7 seed and is now in the Final Four and will playing either a 4 seed or a 7 seed in a national semifinal.

Funny thing is, the Elite 8 on the mens side featured 4 1 seeds, 2 2 seeds, a 6 seed, and a 10 seed. The women had more lower seeds in the elite 8 than the men, so I guess we should take the men's game even less seriously than the women's game since there is less parity on the men's side.

Would be a better analogy if one of the Elite 8 teams was winning every game by 50-60 points

Chapow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2fuha1re said:
Chapow":2fuha1re said:
CPHawk":2fuha1re said:

Would be a better analogy if one of the Elite 8 teams was winning every game by 50-60 points

It's not an analogy. It's a direct comparison of the women's tournament vs the men's tournament and it shows that the women's tournament has more lower seeds in the Elite 8 than the men's tournament.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":26c0tvpd said:
Women's basketball? Is this sort of like the intramural volleyball I used to play back at western oregon university?
I'm not a huge follower of women basketball, but I'd rather watch that than the NBA...... in fact I'd rather watch your volleyball game than the NBA. The only reason I want a basketball arena in Seattle to get built is to get an NHL team here.

GO DAWGS!

danbogart

Reaction score
Great accomplishment, but I still would rather sit in a dentist chair than watch women's basketball.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Chapow":26i3ai5r said:
Hasselbeck":26i3ai5r said:
Chapow":26i3ai5r said:
CPHawk":26i3ai5r said:

It's not an analogy. It's a direct comparison of the women's tournament vs the men's tournament and it shows that the women's tournament has more lower seeds in the Elite 8 than the men's tournament.

Either way it was a horribly flawed statement considering there is a school right now that has 72 straight wins and counting, and is winning their tournament games by 60 points. Saying the men's side doesn't have parity because of Elite 8 matchups is a major reach. Hell Syracuse made the Final 4 as one of the last teams to even get into the tournament.. forget about all the other upsets that took place not only in the tournament, but throughout the course of the season too.

The women's game only has a handful of programs with all the talent. That's not parity.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3rcggx7l said:
The women's game only has a handful of programs with all the talent. That's not parity.

And yet, the 2 programs that have punched their tickets to the final four so far are not among those handful of programs with all the talent. Unless of course you think 7 seed UW and 4 seed Syracuse are 2 of the super dominant programs, but if you think that, you have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe what you're saying isn't as true as you think it is.

Yes, there is 1 very, very dominant program in women's college basketball, but I don't think that fact somehow invalidates the entire sport as a whole which seemed to me to be the point that the post I originally responded to was making.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Got to admit, havent really followed Women's ball since the better days of the Storm.

Plum is a peach of a player. Walton is pretty good, too. However, Osahor is just so damn fun and unique but equally amazing that this team is just entertaining to watch.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yeah got ugly real quick. Whomever was to win today is going to be the remnants on the bottom of U-conn's shoe.

Still quite a run just to get to the final 4 when no one was expecting anything from them.