Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is finally Masters week!!

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: It is finally Masters week!!
Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:37 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:If Tiger can somehow find a way to get to his B game, I think he beats these guys a good portion of the time. This Masters tournament screamed Woods victory to me. I dunno, maybe a 67 from Willett is something Tiger couldn't have overcome. However, with the rest of the field failing to do anything at all for two days, those are the tournaments that Tiger finds a way to grind out. I know he was sitting there watching, pissed off, counting this as one that got away.

Tiger's B game won't beat Day, Spieth, Rory and the young guys coming up. The game of golf has changed considerably from when Tiger was absolutely dominant. I would love Tiger to return to form.. I just don't see it happening anytime soon if at all. I really think he was on HGH back in the day and his body is just breaking down now.

I was a little harsh and do agree with part of what you're saying. When Rory is absolutely on, or Day is on, or even Spieth, or any number of guys, Tiger probably doesn't win almost any of those tournaments, and a lot of those are similar to tournaments he lost even during his prime. When Rory has it, he's not getting beat. These kids are awfully talented and any one of them is capable of going really low for four rounds in any given tournament. But tournaments like this one, where there was very little wind Sunday and a lot of the pins were gettable, and the guys are puking on themselves, these are the tournaments where Tiger just leans and wins through attrition. He didn't have to bring his A-game. People forget that Tiger was actually a very conservative player in majors. He just had an extra ability to hit ultra-clutch shots when he got himself into trouble. Where these guys were making bogeys, he found ways to make pars. There have been a bunch of tournaments over the past few years where nobody was capable of making any movement on the weekend, whether it is from nerves or just lack of shot making. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Maybe I'm not giving Willett enough. I just think Tiger hangs around and wins this tournament and others that go down in a similar fashion.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:01 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Somehow I missed this and need to reply.Those 2 golfers are legends with 15 + majors and I know they never had a meltdown at the Masters on a Sunday.Jack finishing 2nd that many times just shows you how good he really was and he wasn't playing a lot of golf like todays players.I get you like JS but he has a long ways to go before he even gets mentioned with those 2.I agree he is polite but I don't think he was calm and collected after that hole as he would have tied it up at least since he had 5 holes after that birdie on 13 just saying.

I just don't understand why you don't like Spieth? Kid is nothing but class and will be a multiple time Masters champ very very soon. In 2014 he entered Sunday tied for the lead and wound up losing by 3 strokes after coming unglued. The following year he won in record fashion.

It was a brutal loss for him, but he'll be fine. Golf is a humbling sport.

I don't think I said"I don't like him".I don't like the overhype of him by the media however and to be fair it was the same of Rory a couple years ago.I'm not jumping aboard his fan wagon just yet.I said 1 year doesn't make a career and I'll wait and see if he proves to turn out the way you see it.I also do not agree that Tigers B game wouldn't beat these guys today because it did back then.I don't see the talent level as being any higher today.The equipment is but thats it and for you to say Tiger was on HGH thats weak.So when Jordans skinny body gets bigger it's natural?How about Rory now?Golf is about being flexible more so than being bulked up.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:25 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:[quote="IndyHawk"]I question as he gets older and his ego gets bigger where his caddie and swing coach cannot get through to him anymore what will he be then?

I doubt his ego will ever be a problem.

Why's that?

He is from Texas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wrong. Plenty of big ego a*hole in Texas. Spieth likely won't be one of them. ;)[/quote]

I was being sarcastic. I really like Speith. Seeing him with his dad I cant see it either. His dad doesnt seem to be the type to allow it. Seeing him with his sister makes it almost unimaginable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:31 am
  • I hope everyone gets to read this:

http://www.weiunderpar.com/?p=44286

"A wise coach reminded me recently, winning shows your character and losing shows ALL your character. Jordan continues to model grace and humility through wins and especially losses. The student continues to teach the teacher, and now millions others, just like he did at Erin Hills."

- See more at: http://www.weiunderpar.com/?p=44286#sth ... mRsKF.dpuf

You don't get to hear much about caddies, but the more I know about Greller, the more I like him.

I hope his and Jordan's relationship lasts for years.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:28 am
  • Don't know if true or not, heard it second hand.

Smiley Kaufmann on radio in Baton Rouge was asked:

"How did Jordan deal with the quad?"

Kaufmann chuckled and said "the 12th was one of my better holes where I actually birdied".

On the 13th tee, Spieth walked up and asked: "Sooooooooo, who's up? You or me?"
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:36 am
  • I think Jordan will rebound just fine from this and go on to be one of the better, more dominant golfers on the tour over the next couple years.

That said, his immaturity (what is he, 22?) definitely showed over the weekend. You could see his frustration (and not just on the +4, but on many shots and putts throughout Friday and Saturday). There was alot of talking to the caddy after missed hits, etc. as well. He looked like a regular kid out there golfing.

He will learn from it. I like his approach and was rooting for him.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:40 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    You don't get to hear much about caddies, but the more I know about Greller, the more I like him.

I hope his and Jordan's relationship lasts for years.

One of my friends use to caddie with Greller at Chambers Bay, and said he was by FAR the best caddie out there, really studying the course and taking every round seriously.............and not just being a regular jerk off caddie who's only there to get his fee and tips.

IMO a great fit for a young phenom like Spieth, having a ex school teacher with a family who's super grounded and humble.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:37 pm
  • Jordan Spieth isn't a troublemaker or anything, but he can be an entitled whiner. He's thrown a couple hissy fits at bad breaks, aired out his caddy publicly on more than one occasion, and has been pretty quick to be defensive with the media. Not a bad guy by any stretch, but not exactly a full-time southern gentleman. He's clearly got a pretty massive ego, and that is the biggest reason why he is a fantastic player.

The length of the relationship between Jordan and Greller depends on a few things. Can Greller keep him happy? Does Jordan's nitpicking wear on him so much that it strains their relationship? I can't see that one because Greller would make far more money with Spieth than any alternative. The biggest takeaway we learned about Jordan this weekend is that he's a bit more odd than we gave him credit for. A little Furyk in that boy.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:47 am
  • Tical21 wrote:Jordan Spieth isn't a troublemaker or anything, but he can be an entitled whiner. He's thrown a couple hissy fits at bad breaks, aired out his caddy publicly on more than one occasion, and has been pretty quick to be defensive with the media. Not a bad guy by any stretch, but not exactly a full-time southern gentleman. He's clearly got a pretty massive ego, and that is the biggest reason why he is a fantastic player.

The length of the relationship between Jordan and Greller depends on a few things. Can Greller keep him happy? Does Jordan's nitpicking wear on him so much that it strains their relationship? I can't see that one because Greller would make far more money with Spieth than any alternative. The biggest takeaway we learned about Jordan this weekend is that he's a bit more odd than we gave him credit for. A little Furyk in that boy.

Spieth definitely has the country club kid vibe, but he controls it.

Greller at this point is a great fit for Spieth, and has the respect of other golfers so even if Spieth and he ever break up I have no doubt there'd be 20 top golfers lining up to sign him.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:28 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Jordan Spieth isn't a troublemaker or anything, but he can be an entitled whiner. He's thrown a couple hissy fits at bad breaks, aired out his caddy publicly on more than one occasion, and has been pretty quick to be defensive with the media. Not a bad guy by any stretch, but not exactly a full-time southern gentleman. He's clearly got a pretty massive ego, and that is the biggest reason why he is a fantastic player.

Spieth definitely has the country club kid vibe, but he controls it.

Greller at this point is a great fit for Spieth, and has the respect of other golfers so even if Spieth and he ever break up I have no doubt there'd be 20 top golfers lining up to sign him.

I have to agree with SGt on Greller. I would think that Greller is becoming more of a Fluffy type of caddie. If you dont know Fluffy, Then you dont know who I am talking about.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:06 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:The equipment is but thats it and for you to say Tiger was on HGH thats weak.So when Jordans skinny body gets bigger it's natural? How about Rory now? Golf is about being flexible more so than being bulked up.

I love Tiger the golfer, but there are various things tying him to HGH and when Tiger was at his peak .. thats when HGH was really prominent in MLB .. so yeah I'm pretty suspicious about whether or not Tiger was juicing too. Maybe he was clean the whole time and I was wrong, but I never thought he'd cheat on a supermodel with some Waffle House servers either.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:54 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:The equipment is but thats it and for you to say Tiger was on HGH thats weak.So when Jordans skinny body gets bigger it's natural? How about Rory now? Golf is about being flexible more so than being bulked up.

I love Tiger the golfer, but there are various things tying him to HGH and when Tiger was at his peak .. thats when HGH was really prominent in MLB .. so yeah I'm pretty suspicious about whether or not Tiger was juicing too. Maybe he was clean the whole time and I was wrong, but I never thought he'd cheat on a supermodel with some Waffle House servers either.

Ha Ha it's possible and me niether on the cheating but golf wise it means nothing other than healing from injuries,it wasn't banned till recent years anyways
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information