Kobe Bryant's final game

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of scorned NBA fans (or former fans) on this board.. but tonight marks the end of the storied career of Kobe Bryant.

I hate the Lakers and hated Kobe for most of his career - but the last couple of years he's been less of a douche and actually quite likable and either way you slice it, it won't be the same watching the NBA without Kobe Bryant.

Been quite the year for retirements in sports.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I felt then and I feel to this day that the USA doesn't win the gold vs. Spain in the '08 Olympics without Kobe. He utterly took over that game and willed his country to win while LeBron and others watched. Spain had the Gasol, bros., Rudy Fernandez, etc. The game ran live at like 2:00 AM Pacific time and I turned it on intending to watch briefly before falling asleep and instead watched the whole thing transfixed by his performance.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3nd7t0xl said:
I know there are a lot of scorned NBA fans (or former fans) on this board.. but tonight marks the end of the storied career of Kobe Bryant.

I hate the Lakers and hated Kobe for most of his career - but the last couple of years he's been less of a douche and actually quite likable and either way you slice it, it won't be the same watching the NBA without Kobe Bryant.

I feel the same way, used to have a strong hate for him, now I kind of like him. I expect him to jack up at least 40 shots tonight.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Same. Had a strong hate for Kobe, but now I have a ton of respect for him. I first started getting into basketball when Jordan was on the decline, so Kobe is kind of my modern-day MJ. He's a top 10 player of all time, and the second best SG all time to MJ.

I'll be flipping between ESPN and ESPN2. GS going for the record 73 wins and Kobe playing his final game. Big day for the NBA tonight.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Haven't watched a single NBA game since the Sonics vanished. But Kobe was always a great player and the Lakers a great team to hate.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Unfortunately Kobe will be remembered for the whole rape thing. What a dumb girl. I rarely like to use the word "hoe," but this girl is that. A disgrace to all the women out there who have actually been sexually assaulted. This is quite funny though.

[youtube]3m2d7QAIX8Q[/youtube]

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is epic. Kobe with 58 and a chance to win.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3s201bl6 said:
Hasselbeck":3s201bl6 said:

I feel the same way, used to have a strong hate for him, now I kind of like him. I expect him to jack up at least 40 shots tonight.

Correction, he'll jack up at least 50 shots. Fun to see.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3w36ahfv said:
JSeahawks":3w36ahfv said:
Hasselbeck":3w36ahfv said:

Correction, he'll jack up at least 50 shots. Fun to see.
Well you was close..50 shots is nuts but I understand why and he certainly left it all out there for the last time.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Great player, top 3 all time. But his fans need to grow up, reading all kinds of dumb emotional posts about the man like they knew him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":jrua7bn6 said:
Great player, top 3 all time. But his fans need to grow up, reading all kinds of dumb emotional posts about the man like they knew him.
I may have been the same way when Jordan retired the 2nd time,I knew the game was never going to be the same after he left.