Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As a Seattle fan.. what would be worse?

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13

What would be worse?

The Thunder winning an NBA Championship
64%
The 49ers winning a 6th Super Bowl
36%

Total votes : 44

As a Seattle fan.. what would be worse?
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:07 pm
  • Choose wisely.

Obviously Option A is a lot closer to reality than Option B right now, but just curious which hated team would generate more anger from a Seattle sports fan.

For me it's not even close. I would take a Thunder title over a 6th Niners title any day of the week.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Thunder title would get me bad. I went to a fair number of sonics games and I miss them.

I have good friends that are Niner fans and I'd be happy for them while disliking the niners. If my best friend were a thunder fan and they won a title, the topic would be off limits.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• Option A, but only if it happens before Seattle gets another NBA team again. That would just totally ruin my life.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• B.

The forty whiner fanbase would be unbearable and they would flood this place like troglodytes to fire. Luckily this won't happen as long as Jedthro is running things.

....But don't get me wrong I hope Clay Clay and Stern are on the elevator going down after they take their perspective dirt naps and hope the "zombie Sonics" never taste a championship (with every passing year their window is closer to slamming shut). In have not watched a minute of the NBA since the Sonics left.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• A. And it isn't even close. My family had season tickets for the Sonics over 20 years. It would rip my heart out all over again. :49ersmall:
    86Hawk
    NET Starter

• Option A. As long as Bennett is alive, I do not want him to know the feeling. If it happens I will get over it, but until it does I will be pulling every year for them to get bounced or not make the playoffs at all. I am sure there are loyal, die-hard Thunder fans but let's find out how dedicated.

They should have to wait at least 41 years before they taste the sweet nectar of a championship title.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *

• Luckily for Seattle fans I dont think either one has a chance of happening in the next 5 years (hard to look further then that into the sports future).
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• OKC Thunder would be worst for me. Before this was a Seahawks town, the Sonics ruled the city of Seattle. While I loved my Hawks, I was a bigger Sonics fan than a Seahawks fan.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Looking for option #3, "Neither".

Seriously, B for me. Niners fans would drive me from these boards and any other football discussion anywhere else until some other team (hopefully) won the next Super Bowl.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I'd fight peaches if A happened.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Looking for option #3, "Neither".

Seriously, B for me. Niners fans would drive me from these boards and any other football discussion anywhere else until some other team (hopefully) won the next Super Bowl.

That wouldn't even stop them though. Some Niner fans still talk about the 5 antique trophys they won decades ago like it happened yesterday and is still somehow relevant somehow to their current team.

Lots of Cowboys fans suffer from that same disease.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Looking for option #3, "Neither".

I believe option 3 is the ducks winning both the football and basketball titles next season.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Looking for option #3, "Neither".

I believe option 3 is the ducks winning both the football and basketball titles next season.

Oh how I wish this was in a shacked forum. 8)
    .....besides J, we know my odds of winning next Wednesdays powerball are better than the ucks doing that. :lol:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Looking for option #3, "Neither".

That wouldn't even stop them though. Some Niner fans still talk about the 5 antique trophys they won decades ago like it happened yesterday and is still somehow relevant somehow to their current team.

Lots of Cowboys fans suffer from that same disease.

VERY good points my friend. I'm closing in on 60 & quite healthy (knocks on wood bar I'm sitting at) so I figure I'll live roughly 20-25 more years so if Jedthro just holds on to the team that long I should be able to avoid ever having to deal with another Niner title.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• It would have sucked really bad if the Thunder had won a title right after leaving Seattle. But now it's been so long, they don't really feel like the zombie Sonics anymore.

Other than the Stephen Curry re-writing the history books very recently, the NBA has largely become irrelevant post-Jordan.

If the 49ers won another title, it would raise the prestige of the division. The 49ers are way down my list of hated franchises anyway. It's fun to mock them but there's little reason to hate them.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Thunder winning would be far worse since that has a greater impact on my Sonics fandom.

The Niner's winning doesn't do anything for me positively/negatively since I don't want any team to win a Superbowl except Seattle.
    sammyc521
    NET Veteran

• My feeling on OKC is this:

They were handed a damn good roster and haven't had to experience any real bad basketball. My fervent hope is that Durant comes to his senses goes anywhere. Let OKC experience a few 20 win seasons.

If they can endure that, build back the roster, and eventually win a championship, I'd be fine with it then. But not with Durant.

SF might win another Superbowl, but that feels about 20 years off. One thing a franchise in any sport can't ever overcome is bad ownership.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Even if they lost Durant they're still going to the playoffs, Westbrook is a monster
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• That being said I hope he does, I'd really like to root for KD unless he played the Grizzlies
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I meant playing against, muh bad.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• for me I want the blunder to rot to make the playoffs but always lose in the first round just so it jerks at them every time
    u don't get to feel the thrill of a championship because it was never yours in the first place and I hope that u never get
    any enjoyment out of your stolen goods call them what u will but honestly until we get the sonics back eat a bag of nails
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

• Option A is very much in play right now
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• If OKC wins the championship it may be the greatest path to win a ring in NBA history. If they do, they will have gone through two historically great teams in the Spurs and Warriors, plus a very good Cleveland team (sorry Toronto).
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Despite everything that happened I couldn't care less about the Thunder. They are NOT the Sonics, despite the sale and the move. Once a team leaves town they're gone. I can understand not wanting to see Clay Bennett win a single game after his $h!t even if Seattle fans saw that coming a mile away. I would love to see Seattle get another NBA team and I would expect it to happen eventually.

SF 49ers are likely my most despised team in any sport. The Thunder could win every NBA title for the next ten years if it meant the Niners never won anything again.
    Inkdaub
    NET Rookie

• Hawk-Lock wrote:If OKC wins the championship it may be the greatest path to win a ring in NBA history. If they do, they will have gone through two historically great teams in the Spurs and Warriors, plus a very good Cleveland team (sorry Toronto).

Agreed.

And Toronto has about as much chance to win the title as the Sonics. They may steal Game 1 tonight because of the long layover for the Cavs.. but that's it.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I honestly don't give a crap about OKC anymore..............the problem is if they do win we're gonna have to hear all the talking heads say crap like "This is OKC's 2nd championship, first one was in 1979."

For some reason before Stern left he made sure to tell all his media minions to continue to punish us with this nonsense.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Can't believe it was 20 years ago when we went to the finals. Oh man does time fly by. I miss going to Sonics games. As much fun as the Clink is, nothing compares to the small confines of the Key Arena. I think in its era, it was the loudest arena in the NBA.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information