• The Thunder winning an NBA Championship

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • The 49ers winning a 6th Super Bowl

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Choose wisely.

Obviously Option A is a lot closer to reality than Option B right now, but just curious which hated team would generate more anger from a Seattle sports fan.

For me it's not even close. I would take a Thunder title over a 6th Niners title any day of the week.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Thunder title would get me bad. I went to a fair number of sonics games and I miss them.

I have good friends that are Niner fans and I'd be happy for them while disliking the niners. If my best friend were a thunder fan and they won a title, the topic would be off limits.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Option A, but only if it happens before Seattle gets another NBA team again. That would just totally ruin my life.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
B.

The forty whiner fanbase would be unbearable and they would flood this place like troglodytes to fire. Luckily this won't happen as long as Jedthro is running things.

....But don't get me wrong I hope Clay Clay and Stern are on the elevator going down after they take their perspective dirt naps and hope the "zombie Sonics" never taste a championship (with every passing year their window is closer to slamming shut). In have not watched a minute of the NBA since the Sonics left.

86Hawk

Reaction score
A. And it isn't even close. My family had season tickets for the Sonics over 20 years. It would rip my heart out all over again. :49ersmall:

drdiags

Reaction score
Option A. As long as Bennett is alive, I do not want him to know the feeling. If it happens I will get over it, but until it does I will be pulling every year for them to get bounced or not make the playoffs at all. I am sure there are loyal, die-hard Thunder fans but let's find out how dedicated.

They should have to wait at least 41 years before they taste the sweet nectar of a championship title.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Luckily for Seattle fans I dont think either one has a chance of happening in the next 5 years (hard to look further then that into the sports future).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
OKC Thunder would be worst for me. Before this was a Seahawks town, the Sonics ruled the city of Seattle. While I loved my Hawks, I was a bigger Sonics fan than a Seahawks fan.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Looking for option #3, "Neither".

Seriously, B for me. Niners fans would drive me from these boards and any other football discussion anywhere else until some other team (hopefully) won the next Super Bowl.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1pyzxqk4 said:

Seriously, B for me. Niners fans would drive me from these boards and any other football discussion anywhere else until some other team (hopefully) won the next Super Bowl.
That wouldn't even stop them though. Some Niner fans still talk about the 5 antique trophys they won decades ago like it happened yesterday and is still somehow relevant somehow to their current team.

Lots of Cowboys fans suffer from that same disease.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3lvh6bbe said:

I believe option 3 is the ducks winning both the football and basketball titles next season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":355k5ict said:
hawksfansinceday1":355k5ict said:

I believe option 3 is the ducks winning both the football and basketball titles next season.
Oh how I wish this was in a shacked forum. 8)
.....besides J, we know my odds of winning next Wednesdays powerball are better than the ucks doing that. :lol:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":227xqubz said:
hawksfansinceday1":227xqubz said:

That wouldn't even stop them though. Some Niner fans still talk about the 5 antique trophys they won decades ago like it happened yesterday and is still somehow relevant somehow to their current team.

Lots of Cowboys fans suffer from that same disease.
VERY good points my friend. I'm closing in on 60 & quite healthy (knocks on wood bar I'm sitting at) so I figure I'll live roughly 20-25 more years so if Jedthro just holds on to the team that long I should be able to avoid ever having to deal with another Niner title.

kearly

Reaction score
It would have sucked really bad if the Thunder had won a title right after leaving Seattle. But now it's been so long, they don't really feel like the zombie Sonics anymore.

Other than the Stephen Curry re-writing the history books very recently, the NBA has largely become irrelevant post-Jordan.

If the 49ers won another title, it would raise the prestige of the division. The 49ers are way down my list of hated franchises anyway. It's fun to mock them but there's little reason to hate them.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Thunder winning would be far worse since that has a greater impact on my Sonics fandom.

The Niner's winning doesn't do anything for me positively/negatively since I don't want any team to win a Superbowl except Seattle.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
My feeling on OKC is this:

They were handed a damn good roster and haven't had to experience any real bad basketball. My fervent hope is that Durant comes to his senses goes anywhere. Let OKC experience a few 20 win seasons.

If they can endure that, build back the roster, and eventually win a championship, I'd be fine with it then. But not with Durant.

SF might win another Superbowl, but that feels about 20 years off. One thing a franchise in any sport can't ever overcome is bad ownership.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Even if they lost Durant they're still going to the playoffs, Westbrook is a monster

Throwdown

Reaction score
That being said I hope he does, I'd really like to root for KD unless he played the Grizzlies