Conor McGregor retiring?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There was a story last week about McGregor seeing a guy die after getting demolished in the ring in Ireland recently. That may have shaken him and contributed, or even been the reason he's retiring.

253hawk

Reaction score
What is even going on

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/722514064576917505[/tweet]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
UFC removed him from the UFC 200 card. I'm guessing preceding this announcement Dana and McGregor had a pissing contest and McGregor didn't like whatever Dana told him so he said "fine, eff you I'm out"

Atradees

Reaction score
Interesting...........must be tired of all that money. What are these two gonna do for work?

Chapow

Reaction score
My understanding is that McGregor told Dana White that he didn't want to do all of press conferences, appearances, commercials, etc. that the UFC requires these guys (and gals) to do. Dana basically said "too bad, that's part of deal" and McGregors response was "Fine, then I'm out". Sounds to me like a bit of a pissing match at this point.

I seriously doubt that we will never see McGregor in the octagon again. Ditto and even more so for Diaz.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGregor just needed to be reminded who's in charge.

White's the best commissioner and promoter in all of sports, if he says jump, you say how high.

Chapow

Reaction score
From your link, Si.

the underlying problem here is that McGregor, the UFC’s biggest star, didn’t want to fulfill some bullshit contractual obligations at the precise time and place White wanted them fulfilled; White, channeling all the fury of a fed-up OfficeMax manager, told McGregor to piss off, leading McGregor to (presumably) smirk and say, “Okay, Uncle Fester, you want to pull your biggest star from what you would like to be your biggest-ever fight card over him wanting a stupid presser delayed by a couple of weeks? Fine, let’s see who’s bluffing.”

This is pretty close to what I said.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":39hzu39m said:
Sgt. Largent":39hzu39m said:
McGregor just needed to be reminded who's in charge.

White's the best commissioner and promoter in all of sports, if he says jump, you say how high.

much different narrative....

http://deadspin.com/conor-mcgregor-grabs-the-ufc-by-the-dick-squeezes-1772282225

Don't follow the sport at all so interested to hear takes.

White was on The Herd Tuesday and pretty much said part of getting paid is promoting, and that's why McGregor's pissed. But that's the game, and he knows it.

So I guess we'll see who's bluffing? White holds all the cards, so I can't see McGregor winning this battle...........not White allowing one fighter to set a precedent of not promoting the fights for others to make their demands.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I don't think McGregor wanted to show his face coming off his first loss in six years. He would have had to sit there while Nate Diaz smirked and talked crap. This makes me lose a lot of respect for McGregor. Yeah, it's painful, but man up, fulfill your obligations.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I am just trying to do my job and fight here.

I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.

I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.

There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.

50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I’m left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.

Nothing else was going through my mind.

For the record also -

For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -

I AM NOT RETIRED.

Man up. :177692:

IrishNW

Reaction score
Connor and Nate just promoted this fight more then a press conference ever could. This fight will happen.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
IrishNW":1fd9xdsa said:
Connor and Nate just promoted this fight more then a press conference ever could. This fight will happen.
This. Has anyone been talking about UFC 197, which happens tonight and features the return of Jon Jones, this week? No, they've all be talking about UFC 200 and Conor McGregor v Nate Diaz.

IrishNW

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/724474735912968192[/tweet]

Told you, now get your popcorn ready :p

253hawk

Reaction score
Omfg what a drama queen...I'll wait until Dana actually verifies it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IrishNW":2x6zmapm said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/724474735912968192[/tweet]

Told you, now get your popcorn ready :p

For the fans? lol.

He means for the mountains of cash he's getting paid to promote and fight like he's suppose to.