Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NBA Playoffs Thread

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
NBA Playoffs Thread
Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:48 am
  • Hasn't been a very good NBA playoffs so far, but the games have gotten better the past few days. Isaiah Thomas has been phenomenal the past two games for the Celtics. I don't know about you guys, but Isaiah has made me a Celtics fan. He makes Russell Wilson's story to success look like nothing. It's amazing that the last pick of the NBA draft is now the cornerstone of arguably the most historical NBA franchise in the NBA. I think the Pacers/Raptors, Celtics/Hawks and Heat/Hornets can all go 6 or 7 games. Blazers need a win tonight if they want this to go at least 6 games.

Second round in the West should be as good as they get.

In case you missed Isaiah's 42 point performance in game 2:

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread
Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:43 am
  • Big fan of the Celtics, lots of scrappy well coached players, but they're going to need another guy who can consistently score. They have a ton of ammunition in the draft and money to spend so we'll see what happens.

Not much interest in the other matchups until round 2, ultimately it's gonna be Cavs against Spurs or Warriors IMO. The West is so much better than the east it's crazy.

About the NBA overall, I HATE how all the superstars are best friends. Kobe and to some extent Garnett are the last of the bad guys. Pacers vs Knicks were AWESOME playoff series cause they hated each other. Kemp, MJ, Barkley, Rodman, AI, Payton, Reggie Miller, Pippen, Ewing, it just goes on and on - these guys jawed all game and kicked your ass. Now we got Lebron talking about just wanting to play with his friends and spending his off time acting like a girl on social media. Russell Westbrook tries to look as weird as possible for his postgames. Don't get me wrong, I love Steph Curry, but I miss the attitude the NBA used to have.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:44 pm
  • MRI on Steph Curry's knee came back negative. Ruled a Grade 1 sprain, he will miss the rest of the Houston series and status is unclear on him being ready for Game 1 against the LAC/POR winner (assuming the Warriors don't piss away a 3-1 lead to the Rockets)
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:55 pm
  • He's out for 2 weeks before getting it checked again..Doesn't mean he'll be ready to go after that
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:23 pm
  • I think the Pacers might have a chance, Toronto is taking care of the ball like a dead beat father.

I expect Atlanta to eventually turn up and take out Boston, but who knows at this point?
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:12 pm
  • Also rooting for the C's.

Of the legit contenders, geez, I guess I'm rooting for Toronto. Are they contenders? I don't strongly dislike the Warriors, I guess.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:14 pm
  • Raptors are a pretty well put together team, I think if they can get over the turn over thing against a very good defensive Pacers team (that's not easy those dudes are scrappy) I think they would give Cleveland fits, I think Cavs get fits vs the Heat as well.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:26 pm
  • Paul to miss at least 4 weeks ( unless they make the finals, he's not playing until next season) and Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:48 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Paul to miss at least 4 weeks ( unless they make the finals, he's not playing until next season) and Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs.

Griffin, Paul and curry hurt. Looks like the blazers path to the title is cleared.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:13 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Paul to miss at least 4 weeks ( unless they make the finals, he's not playing until next season) and Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs.

Griffin, Paul and curry hurt. Looks like the blazers path to the title is cleared.

LeBron finds your post amusing. :)
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:59 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Paul to miss at least 4 weeks ( unless they make the finals, he's not playing until next season) and Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs.

LeBron finds your post amusing. :)

What's the old joke about lebron? Should have been a hockey player because he only plays three quarters. 4th quarter is Lillard time.

Seriously though, I now think the blazers will beat the clippers, but I don't see them beating golden state even if curry is out the whole series.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:49 am
  • Yeah Portland isn't going to beat the Warriors, even if they are Curry-less. Golden State can probably beat any team without Curry except for SA, OKC and the Cleveland. Without Curry though, Portland could possibly steal one or two games and make it interesting.

But lets not look ahead too much, Portland still has to beat the Clipps two more times, not to mention at least once on the road.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 8:52 am
  • BS no call in the end of the OKC/SA game last night. But to be honest, SA played like crap and didn't really deserve to win. Not to mention, SA did steal the inbounds and had a 3-2 fast break to win the game.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 11:33 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:BS no call in the end of the OKC/SA game last night. But to be honest, SA played like crap and didn't really deserve to win. Not to mention, SA did steal the inbounds and had a 3-2 fast break to win the game.

I agree. Ginobili should have been called for a tech for stepping on the line.

It really could have gone either way. It could have been a technical on Ginobili for stepping over the line, or an offensive foul on Waiters for elbowing Ginobili. The one thing we can all agree on is that the ref should have blown his whistle.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 5:41 pm
  • Thunder still gonna lose so it's all good...
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue May 03, 2016 7:11 pm
  • I'll burn your scarf next time you disrespect someone of my greatness, Benji, friends be damned
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue May 03, 2016 8:22 pm
    Throwdown wrote:I'll burn your scarf next time you disrespect someone of my greatness, Benji, friends be damned

big-balls was a compliment!

Oh... I wasn't sure if that was one of your insults you learned growing up in Budapest.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue May 03, 2016 8:26 pm
  • Is it just me or does it seem like Lillard is in this playoff year what we would call in football a garbage time stat padder. I swear every time I have looked at his stats in the first half or even through 3 quarters they are pretty freaking garbage. As the supposed All Star of the Blazers he sure as hell doesnt play like it. Right now Blazers have 45 points and Lillard has accounted for 3 of those. In Game 5 I think? Against the Clippers he had like 7 points through 3 quarters and then finally did something in the 4th quarter and was like 1st or 2nd in scoring.

Hes a great player im just not impressed with his play in the playoffs this year is all. Plumley and CJ have been way more impressive..just IMO

EDIT- After blowing the huge lead where is Lillard? Oh ya doing nothing....3 points still.... :th2thumbs:
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 8:53 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15454490/nba-lists-five-incorrect-non-calls-final-seconds-oklahoma-city-thunder-san-antonio-spurs-game-2

Should put the 'Spurs got screwed' arguments to bed. A bevvy of missed calls on the Spurs, and a couple on the Thunder.

Yeah, like Pop said, they lost that game about three times last night, and it's by amazing strength of (LMA's) will that it was even that close.

As alluded... LaMarcus has been lighting it up against OKC. Read something about LMA being the first Spur with back-to-back 38+ point games (Or something like that) since Gervin.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 03, 2016 9:19 pm
    TravTex wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15454490/nba-lists-five-incorrect-non-calls-final-seconds-oklahoma-city-thunder-san-antonio-spurs-game-2

Should put the 'Spurs got screwed' arguments to bed. A bevvy of missed calls on the Spurs, and a couple on the Thunder.

Yeah, like Pop said, they lost that game about three times last night, and it's by amazing strength of (LMA's) will that it was even that close.

As alluded... LaMarcus has been lighting it up against OKC. Read something about LMA being the first Spur with back-to-back 38+ point games (Or something like that) since Gervin.

Yeah, he's maddeningly efficient against us right now. Need to do something down in the low post to force him into more bad shots and/or turnovers. On the plus side, Leonard was not that great last night, Roberson seemed to defend him very well.

Also, it's impossible not to love everything about Stephen Adams.

Oh, everyone was kind of crap. TD missing easy layups, Patty playing heroball chuck-it, and so on. The impressive thing to me was that he didn't really have an increase in touches ... since Pop decided to pull him out of the game when he had 28 points. Ahem. But LMA ain't gonna shoot 75% and 10/10 from the line... and 3s, every game.

Kawhi needs to step up.

Yeah, Adams looks like a beast -- Still wish we had one of those (Though Boban is fun to watch in garbage time). I'm thinking Timmy's close to done. Think he torqued his one remaining good knee and just doesn't have much left in the tank.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 03, 2016 9:36 pm
  • About time Dame shows up :D
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Tue May 03, 2016 9:44 pm
  • TravTex wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15454490/nba-lists-five-incorrect-non-calls-final-seconds-oklahoma-city-thunder-san-antonio-spurs-game-2

Ibaka is struggling dealing with a stretch 4, specially one like Aldridge.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 09, 2016 9:30 am
  • Durant went absolutely off last night. Has been a great series so far.

We'll see if Portland can make the series against the Warriors a lot more interesting tonight too.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu May 12, 2016 2:45 pm
  • WTF, Spurs?

Change a rotation, somewhere, Pop. Throw a Boban in there or something.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu May 12, 2016 6:35 pm
  • OKC is just too atheletic for SA.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu May 12, 2016 7:50 pm
  • Trail Blazers' 15-16 team payroll: $48 million.
    Lamarcus Aldridge average per year payroll: $21 million.

Both eliminated in WC Semi-Finals.
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Thu May 12, 2016 8:07 pm
  • If Aldridge wanted to win he should've stayed with the Blazers :D :lol:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Fri May 13, 2016 5:11 am
  • Age finally caught up it seems with the Spurs... Go Warriors I guess.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri May 13, 2016 12:12 pm
  • Wake me up when Warriors-Cavs II starts up.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri May 13, 2016 12:41 pm
  • People actually watch the NBA?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm
  • I'm rooting for Cleveland from here on out.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri May 13, 2016 5:02 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I'm rooting for Cleveland from here on out.

+1 on that. Maybe I'm the only guy who can never root for any team associated with the Bay Area, but screw the Warriors and all those 49er and Raiders fans.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 23, 2016 6:37 pm
  • Blank the nba really just watch the raps cavs series really 4 fouls in 1 half LeBron got his backside handed too him but yet its a foul clean block I'm sorry but this game is wwe its no better
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Tue May 31, 2016 10:06 am
  • Broklahoma where the team can't play as one
    Broklahoma oh my god i'm glad they're done
    Broklahoma where it's hard to rhyme with thunder
    Oh thank god i'm glad they made a blunder
    Broklahoma
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:42 pm