NBA Playoffs Thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hasn't been a very good NBA playoffs so far, but the games have gotten better the past few days. Isaiah Thomas has been phenomenal the past two games for the Celtics. I don't know about you guys, but Isaiah has made me a Celtics fan. He makes Russell Wilson's story to success look like nothing. It's amazing that the last pick of the NBA draft is now the cornerstone of arguably the most historical NBA franchise in the NBA. I think the Pacers/Raptors, Celtics/Hawks and Heat/Hornets can all go 6 or 7 games. Blazers need a win tonight if they want this to go at least 6 games.

Second round in the West should be as good as they get.

In case you missed Isaiah's 42 point performance in game 2:

[youtube]h83aet2zk1M[/youtube]

mistaowen

Reaction score
Big fan of the Celtics, lots of scrappy well coached players, but they're going to need another guy who can consistently score. They have a ton of ammunition in the draft and money to spend so we'll see what happens.

Not much interest in the other matchups until round 2, ultimately it's gonna be Cavs against Spurs or Warriors IMO. The West is so much better than the east it's crazy.

About the NBA overall, I HATE how all the superstars are best friends. Kobe and to some extent Garnett are the last of the bad guys. Pacers vs Knicks were AWESOME playoff series cause they hated each other. Kemp, MJ, Barkley, Rodman, AI, Payton, Reggie Miller, Pippen, Ewing, it just goes on and on - these guys jawed all game and kicked your ass. Now we got Lebron talking about just wanting to play with his friends and spending his off time acting like a girl on social media. Russell Westbrook tries to look as weird as possible for his postgames. Don't get me wrong, I love Steph Curry, but I miss the attitude the NBA used to have.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MRI on Steph Curry's knee came back negative. Ruled a Grade 1 sprain, he will miss the rest of the Houston series and status is unclear on him being ready for Game 1 against the LAC/POR winner (assuming the Warriors don't piss away a 3-1 lead to the Rockets)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's out for 2 weeks before getting it checked again..Doesn't mean he'll be ready to go after that

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think the Pacers might have a chance, Toronto is taking care of the ball like a dead beat father.

I expect Atlanta to eventually turn up and take out Boston, but who knows at this point?

Tical21

Reaction score
Also rooting for the C's.

Of the legit contenders, geez, I guess I'm rooting for Toronto. Are they contenders? I don't strongly dislike the Warriors, I guess.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Raptors are a pretty well put together team, I think if they can get over the turn over thing against a very good defensive Pacers team (that's not easy those dudes are scrappy) I think they would give Cleveland fits, I think Cavs get fits vs the Heat as well.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Paul to miss at least 4 weeks ( unless they make the finals, he's not playing until next season) and Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3ed5ghph said:
Paul to miss at least 4 weeks ( unless they make the finals, he's not playing until next season) and Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs.

Griffin, Paul and curry hurt. Looks like the blazers path to the title is cleared.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2l66tosj said:
Hawk-Lock":2l66tosj said:

Griffin, Paul and curry hurt. Looks like the blazers path to the title is cleared.
LeBron finds your post amusing. :)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2szib21u said:
JSeahawks":2szib21u said:
Hawk-Lock":2szib21u said:

LeBron finds your post amusing. :)

What's the old joke about lebron? Should have been a hockey player because he only plays three quarters. 4th quarter is Lillard time.

Seriously though, I now think the blazers will beat the clippers, but I don't see them beating golden state even if curry is out the whole series.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah Portland isn't going to beat the Warriors, even if they are Curry-less. Golden State can probably beat any team without Curry except for SA, OKC and the Cleveland. Without Curry though, Portland could possibly steal one or two games and make it interesting.

But lets not look ahead too much, Portland still has to beat the Clipps two more times, not to mention at least once on the road.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
BS no call in the end of the OKC/SA game last night. But to be honest, SA played like crap and didn't really deserve to win. Not to mention, SA did steal the inbounds and had a 3-2 fast break to win the game.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3p4v2ssb said:
Hawk-Lock":3p4v2ssb said:
BS no call in the end of the OKC/SA game last night. But to be honest, SA played like crap and didn't really deserve to win. Not to mention, SA did steal the inbounds and had a 3-2 fast break to win the game.

I agree. Ginobili should have been called for a tech for stepping on the line.

It really could have gone either way. It could have been a technical on Ginobili for stepping over the line, or an offensive foul on Waiters for elbowing Ginobili. The one thing we can all agree on is that the ref should have blown his whistle.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'll burn your scarf next time you disrespect someone of my greatness, Benji, friends be damned

Throwdown

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":19itufmp said:
Throwdown":19itufmp said:
I'll burn your scarf next time you disrespect someone of my greatness, Benji, friends be damned

big-balls was a compliment!

Oh... I wasn't sure if that was one of your insults you learned growing up in Budapest.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like Lillard is in this playoff year what we would call in football a garbage time stat padder. I swear every time I have looked at his stats in the first half or even through 3 quarters they are pretty freaking garbage. As the supposed All Star of the Blazers he sure as hell doesnt play like it. Right now Blazers have 45 points and Lillard has accounted for 3 of those. In Game 5 I think? Against the Clippers he had like 7 points through 3 quarters and then finally did something in the 4th quarter and was like 1st or 2nd in scoring.

Hes a great player im just not impressed with his play in the playoffs this year is all. Plumley and CJ have been way more impressive..just IMO

EDIT- After blowing the huge lead where is Lillard? Oh ya doing nothing....3 points still.... :th2thumbs:

TravTex

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":31anwklw said:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15454490/nba-lists-five-incorrect-non-calls-final-seconds-oklahoma-city-thunder-san-antonio-spurs-game-2

Should put the 'Spurs got screwed' arguments to bed. A bevvy of missed calls on the Spurs, and a couple on the Thunder.

Yeah, like Pop said, they lost that game about three times last night, and it's by amazing strength of (LMA's) will that it was even that close.

As alluded... LaMarcus has been lighting it up against OKC. Read something about LMA being the first Spur with back-to-back 38+ point games (Or something like that) since Gervin.

TravTex

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ydta3gmg said:
TravTex":ydta3gmg said:
peachesenregalia":ydta3gmg said:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15454490/nba-lists-five-incorrect-non-calls-final-seconds-oklahoma-city-thunder-san-antonio-spurs-game-2

Should put the 'Spurs got screwed' arguments to bed. A bevvy of missed calls on the Spurs, and a couple on the Thunder.

Yeah, like Pop said, they lost that game about three times last night, and it's by amazing strength of (LMA's) will that it was even that close.

As alluded... LaMarcus has been lighting it up against OKC. Read something about LMA being the first Spur with back-to-back 38+ point games (Or something like that) since Gervin.

Yeah, he's maddeningly efficient against us right now. Need to do something down in the low post to force him into more bad shots and/or turnovers. On the plus side, Leonard was not that great last night, Roberson seemed to defend him very well.

Also, it's impossible not to love everything about Stephen Adams.

Oh, everyone was kind of crap. TD missing easy layups, Patty playing heroball chuck-it, and so on. The impressive thing to me was that he didn't really have an increase in touches ... since Pop decided to pull him out of the game when he had 28 points. Ahem. But LMA ain't gonna shoot 75% and 10/10 from the line... and 3s, every game.

Kawhi needs to step up.

Yeah, Adams looks like a beast -- Still wish we had one of those (Though Boban is fun to watch in garbage time). I'm thinking Timmy's close to done. Think he torqued his one remaining good knee and just doesn't have much left in the tank.