2016 Kentucky Derby

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tomorrow is going to be a great day. Haven't looked much into the ponies for tomorrow, but will probably throw together an exacta or trifecta. I've been betting horses all day today and watching them on NBCsports, unfortunately don't have much to show for. Got a good feeling about Race #13, got $30 on Zander Zone at 10/1.

Btw, thanks for the reading material.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3336k8gd said:
Tomorrow is going to be a great day. Haven't looked much into the ponies for tomorrow, but will probably throw together an exacta or trifecta. I've been betting horses all day today and watching them on NBCsports, unfortunately don't have much to show for. Got a good feeling about Race #13, got $30 on Zander Zone at 10/1.

BOOM BABY! Give me that $300! Now I got a little extra change to play with tomorrow. Always nice to win the last race of the day too, end on a good note.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Throw Mohaymen into the mix tomorrow. If you toss out his last race (Florida Derby) he had 5 wins in a row including his maiden win at first asking.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Suddenbreakingnews might be a nice longshot to throw into the mix. He was closing nicely in the Arkansas Derby and gets extra ground today and also has a nice .59 and 3 workout at CD.

I like another longshot in here as well...Shagaf, they put Rosario on him and that dude can bring in some longshots.

Mor Spirit has Gary Stevens up and may not have liked the muddy track at SA. Nyquist is the Favorite Exagerrator ran a great race last out.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I haven't even gotten to look at the Derby yet, still been cappin the pre-lims. Just hit a nice little tri box in R6. At first glance I like Brody's Cause and Mohaymen but need to dig in a little more. Going to put together an exacta box and tri box.

I really like Speightster in Race #7. Throwing $40 on him at 6/1 to Win, also will play him to Place.

^^^Loser :(

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":76kg3mo1 said:
Hawk-Lock":76kg3mo1 said:

BOOM BABY! Give me that $300! Now I got a little extra change to play with tomorrow. Always nice to win the last race of the day too, end on a good note.
Congrats ..You gamblaholic :lol:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Went with Brody's Cause WPS. No exacta or trifecta for me, didn't do well today on the prelims so no great feel for me.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Exagerrator made that interesting at the end.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if there will be more speed in the Preakness. Nyquist is unbeaten and has done it on 5 different tracks and with different tactics.

Nice horse. Maybe a triple crown winner?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Bad weather at Pimlico, it should even the playing field.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":2gbhd9ua said:
Nice horse. Maybe a triple crown winner?
I hope not. There is only ONE undefeated triple crown winner in history and I want it to stay that way. Seattle Slew forever!!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
LOL!!! Everything went my way in this race. :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Nyquist could have won with a competent jockey.

I thought Exagerater would win anyway despite the conditions. He had a very troubled trip in the Derby. Just goes to show how hard it is to win the triple crown.