Favorite Golf Courses

getnasty

Reaction score
What are some of your favorite Golf courses in the Northwest? Of course I want to hear about Chambers and Bandon but also give me some under the radar courses. My buddy's and I travel around for a guys weekend so I looking for ideas of places to go. For me some of my favorite courses are Cda Resort, Circling Raven, Palouse Ridge, Wine Valley, Gamble Sands. Thanks for the advice

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Circling Raven is one of favorites. Also Black Rock on CDA Lake. There are several over here on the East side that I enjoy a lot. Qualchen Creek and Hangman Valley, both are just south of Spokane on 195. Another is Stoneridge in Blanchard ID. The Links in Post Falls.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tical21

Reaction score
Gold Mountain is still my favorite track. The best guys weekend I had at a resort was at Desert Canyon, but the course isnt spectacular. Bandon must be in your rotation. I also love Pumpkin Ridge and The Reserve in Portland.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
How about those courses over by Cle Elum anyone ever play those?

Tical21

Reaction score
Suncadia? Really nice, always a good time, a bit overpriced IMO. I had a hookup there that is no longer unfortunately.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Kayak Point. Closest course design wise to Sahalee and it's public and was reasonably priced.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":kamb81yt said:

We played The Prospector a couple years ago, but not Roperider yet. Prospector was a great course, highly recommended if you can find a deal, cause they're both pricey.

Also great call on Circling Raven, arguably my favorite NW course. If you're in Idaho, skip the overrated Cour D'Alene course with the fancy island green and crazy high green fees, and go play Circling Raven.

My other favorite course is Bear Mountain by Lake Chelan, amazing elevation changes and views of the entire lake and region from most of the holes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TPC in Snoqualmie?

I grew up playing the Si View and Mt. Si tracks so I thought that was tremendous.

Anyone want to talk Phoenix valley courses I know a few. Camelback (specifically the Ambiente course) was my favorite out there. McDowell Mountain in Fountain Hills was beautiful as well.

Laloosh

Reaction score
getnasty":2a33e7rb said:

Tical21":2a33e7rb said:
Suncadia? Really nice, always a good time, a bit overpriced IMO. I had a hookup there that is no longer unfortunately.

Never played the private coarse but Prospector is fantastic (Rope Rider is ok I guess). Rented a cabin on the 4th hole for a week. Hot tub, BBQ, beer and golf by day, liquor by night. One of my favorite trips ever.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":r3swabhf said:
TPC in Snoqualmie?.

Walked the course twice watching the Boeing Classic, but haven't played. Held down by The Man again.

If you guys love golf and want a great way to play a lot of high end courses, check out the Oki Card.

http://www.okigolf.com/pages/programs.aspx

$350 a year, but you get six free rounds at nice courses with a cart like Trophy Lake, Harbor Pointe, Newcastle, Washington National, Hawks Prairie Courses and Echo Falls. So the card more than pays for itself.

Me and a couple of my buddies get it every year, gives us an excuse to have 5-6 fun golf outings at these courses.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Manito park in Spokane.

I've never played golf but we used to sneak in during the winter.
We would sled and tube on the snowy hills.
Great memories:{)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Stone Ridge is actually a pretty decent course. Played it a couple of times. Nice people and nice course. I think they even rent cabins there. How far out do you want to go in the northwest? Another place that has rooms and is a nice course is in Garden Valley idaho. They have a 6 room motel area and a great golf course. I have played it a few times. Eagle idaho has a decent course in Banbury. I kinda liked it. But it is hotter than heck here now. Probably wont change for the foreseeable future til September. When I worked at the golf course locally, my bosses went to Bend and played a decent course there but I dont recall the name. I drove by a few there and one of them was it. They have a few that look good there too. If you want to venture farther.....Guam has a few good courses. LOL.

Tical21

Reaction score
I feel like I have to mention Druids Glen. Not a destination course, but that layout is just so good!

Hawker

Reaction score
^^^ Druids is a course worth mentioning here. On the same level of top-notch non-destination courses, any of the Oki Golf courses are amazing, as is the Home Course in Dupont.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I played White Horse in Kingston last week and it was in great shape. Fun course.

Went to visit some family in Bend, Oregon last month and they have some awesome courses. I played 3 different courses and they were all great. Tetherow was my favorite of the 3 I played.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DKHAWK79":2511rh2t said:
Apple Tree in Yakima is also a fun course to play.

Agree. Although, I threw an iron into the water on the back nine there and I'm forever angry at that course for taking my golf balls and hiding them. There may have been beer involved.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":205kqdyv said:
DKHAWK79":205kqdyv said:
Apple Tree in Yakima is also a fun course to play.

Agree. Although, I threw an iron into the water on the back nine there and I'm forever angry at that course for taking my golf balls and hiding them. There may have been beer involved.

I've played the Tree maybe a dozen times now and it's really not a difficult course to play but I never seem to shoot well there. In fact when ever I think of that course I think of the signature par 3 17th hole when I put a tee shot within 12 ft of the cup and 4 putting ffs :34853_doh: